@ H4 fanboys: you people really don't get it.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

what we have here is a greedy, lying gaming company that released a half finished game, just to squeeze out some quick cheap money before the xbox 720 comes out. all the hype and false information lead up to this poor, horribly executed game. so many simple and basic features were left out of Halo 4 and it is quiet clear now that in order to “compete” with the largest fps franchise (CoD), 343i wants to mix in some Codish features to gain some new fans. Ultimately, copying CoD and throwing the competitive crowd into the dumpster, lead to this video game Halo 4. A game that nobody wants to play and will slowly die off just like Halo Reach.

No, I’m pretty sure we get it. The game may have been rushed, but nowhere near “half finished.”
It was just flawed by design and balance is all

Welcome to reality. With a game that has billions of pounds going into it, you sort of expect the guys giving all the money to make sure they get a return.

You people? Who are you talking to, exactly? As far as I’m concerned, most of these forums are filled with people who hate the game like you do…

So much hyperbull in this post i can’t even begin to try and argue.

Is OP new to business? I understand if you don’t know how business and profits work.

OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.

> OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.

halo will survive because there are plenty of dedicated fans that don’t piss themselves when the game changes too much or in the non approved direction of the self entitled “fans.” You have the option and the ability to make maps as you see fit and as games you see fit. We already have “MLG approved” maps and settings. Plus tons of forge remakes. If you cared that much about having your stripped down gameplay you can go make it. 343 shouldn’t have to hold your hand.

> what we have here is a greedy, lying gaming company that released a half finished game, just to squeeze out some quick cheap money before the xbox 720 comes out. all the hype and false information lead up to this poor, horribly executed game. so many simple and basic features were left out of Halo 4 and it is quiet clear now that in order to “compete” with the largest fps franchise (CoD), 343i wants to mix in some Codish features to gain some new fans. Ultimately, copying CoD and throwing the competitive crowd into the dumpster, lead to this video game Halo 4. A game that nobody wants to play and will slowly die off just like Halo Reach.

Halo 4 is a full finished game it has flaws just like any other rushed release game, and in what Halo title has the game ever been perfect let alone any other game on its release?

> > OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.
>
> halo will survive because there are plenty of dedicated fans that don’t piss themselves when the game changes too much or in the non approved direction of the self entitled “fans.” You have the option and the ability to make maps as you see fit and as games you see fit. We already have “MLG approved” maps and settings. Plus tons of forge remakes. If you cared that much about having your stripped down gameplay you can go make it. 343 shouldn’t have to hold your hand.

I never said I cared for sripped down gameplay. I support MLG however doesn’t mean I care much about their style of gameplay.

The fans that complain are some casuals but mainly the competitive community. Reach changed Halo and people hated it, but it’s lifespan has been longer then Halo 4. All except Halo 4 changed so much of Reach it wasn’t funny. It was a bad change and a change that wasn’t needed. The fans that complain aren’t self entitled but they see how broken this game is when other people simply cannot. The competitive community doesn’t blindly accept everything they are given. Halo fans that know the core of Halo gameplay and know what it’s been for the past 10 years want that same core gameplay, not core gameplay thats been completely rebuilt. How much similarity to you see from BF BC2 to BF3? A lot, and how much similarity do you see in Gears of War gameplay? A lot. Just because you rebuild a game from the ground up doesn’t mean change entirely how the core of the game works with cheap gimmicks. The original trilogy survivied for 10 years because of this core gameplay. Reach lasted a year, Halo 4 can’t even survive 2 months.

I like Halo 4…

> what we have here is a greedy, lying gaming company that released a half finished game, just to squeeze out some quick cheap money before the xbox 720 comes out. all the hype and false information lead up to this poor, horribly executed game. so many simple and basic features were left out of Halo 4 and it is quiet clear now that in order to “compete” with the largest fps franchise (CoD), 343i wants to mix in some Codish features to gain some new fans. Ultimately, copying CoD and throwing the competitive crowd into the dumpster, lead to this video game Halo 4. A game that nobody wants to play and will slowly die off just like Halo Reach.

I want to play it. I like it.

Guess that makes me a fanboy though 'cause I have a different opinion to you.

> > OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.
>
> halo will survive because there are plenty of dedicated fans that don’t piss themselves when the game changes too much or in the non approved direction of the self entitled “fans.” You have the option and the ability to make maps as you see fit and as games you see fit. We already have “MLG approved” maps and settings. Plus tons of forge remakes. If you cared that much about having your stripped down gameplay you can go make it. 343 shouldn’t have to hold your hand.

We don’t want stripped down gameplay, we just want REAL Halo back without the gimmicks and randomness. We want balanced, structured gameplay. We don’t want AA’s. We don’t want ordinance drops. We want weapons spawned on the maps at strategic points. We want enemies to spawn at their base’s surroundings, not behind us. Technology has improved greatly over the years, yet we have more lag than ever.

> > what we have here is a greedy, lying gaming company that released a half finished game, just to squeeze out some quick cheap money before the xbox 720 comes out. all the hype and false information lead up to this poor, horribly executed game. so many simple and basic features were left out of Halo 4 and it is quiet clear now that in order to “compete” with the largest fps franchise (CoD), 343i wants to mix in some Codish features to gain some new fans. Ultimately, copying CoD and throwing the competitive crowd into the dumpster, lead to this video game Halo 4. A game that nobody wants to play and will slowly die off just like Halo Reach.
>
> Halo 4 is a full finished game it has flaws just like any other rushed release game, and in what Halo title has the game ever been perfect let alone any other game on its release?

Halo 3 was more polished then Halo 4… Even Reach was more polished then Halo 4 even though it was broken.

Tell me, at what time did Bungie release a broken map pack and -Yoink- up sales with it and have to deal with glitches and -Yoink-? Oh and before you reply, let me let you know Bungie WASNT WITH MICROSOFT when they made Halo 3. They only published it.

I agree, this game was slapdash like Halo 2.

Cool story OP, go join all the other people who hate Halo 4 down in Loserville, try not to get hit by the door on the way out. You’re obviously very young if you think ANYTHING from Halo 4 is copied off of CoD.

> > > OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.
> >
> > halo will survive because there are plenty of dedicated fans that don’t piss themselves when the game changes too much or in the non approved direction of the self entitled “fans.” You have the option and the ability to make maps as you see fit and as games you see fit. We already have “MLG approved” maps and settings. Plus tons of forge remakes. If you cared that much about having your stripped down gameplay you can go make it. 343 shouldn’t have to hold your hand.
>
> I never said I cared for sripped down gameplay. I support MLG however doesn’t mean I care much about their style of gameplay.
>
> The fans that complain are some casuals but mainly the competitive community. Reach changed Halo and people hated it, but it’s lifespan has been longer then Halo 4. All except Halo 4 changed so much of Reach it wasn’t funny. It was a bad change and a change that wasn’t needed. The fans that complain aren’t self entitled but they see how broken this game is when other people simply cannot. The competitive community doesn’t blindly accept everything they are given. Halo fans that know the core of Halo gameplay and know what it’s been for the past 10 years want that same core gameplay, not core gameplay thats been completely rebuilt. How much similarity to you see from BF BC2 to BF3? A lot, and how much similarity do you see in Gears of War gameplay? A lot. Just because you rebuild a game from the ground up doesn’t mean change entirely how the core of the game works with cheap gimmicks. The original trilogy survivied for 10 years because of this core gameplay. Reach lasted a year, Halo 4 can’t even survive 2 months.

You are though. Because taking away these new aspects is stripping the game. therefor= you support stripped down gameplay. Um. Halo 2 changed things people hated it. halo 3 changed things people hated it. People hate everytime something changes. And don’t even give me the “but halo 4 has more hate or changed more!” argument because the first we can’t prove and the second is a matter of opinion. Pretty much anyone that posts about hating this game and suggesting we go backwords is “self entitled.” They like you feel that taking halo 4 taking all the new things out and bring back halo 3 with a few new things is the right way to go. Thats self entitlement.

None of the core aspects about halo 4 are broken. Its as simple as you don’t like the changes. All these new mechanics work as intended so they can’t be “broken.” I don’t blindly accept everything 343 has done. There are casuals who do and there are competitives that blindly hate new things. Neither side is clean so don’t act like one side is better then the other. The difference here is we don’t mind new things while you guys cry everytime something new is done (you guys being competitives/complainers.) Halo 4 is still halo at its core with new elements. But it still plays like it used to. Just like COD and other titles. halo reach last much longer then a year. People still play it. And halo 4 is still in the top 3 for most active games. So its surviving as well. Try less hyperbull.

> > > OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.
> >
> > halo will survive because there are plenty of dedicated fans that don’t piss themselves when the game changes too much or in the non approved direction of the self entitled “fans.” You have the option and the ability to make maps as you see fit and as games you see fit. We already have “MLG approved” maps and settings. Plus tons of forge remakes. If you cared that much about having your stripped down gameplay you can go make it. 343 shouldn’t have to hold your hand.
>
> We don’t want stripped down gameplay, we just want REAL Halo back without the gimmicks and randomness. We want balanced, structured gameplay. We don’t want AA’s. We don’t want ordinance drops. We want weapons spawned on the maps at strategic points. We want enemies to spawn at their base’s surroundings, not behind us. Technology has improved greatly over the years, yet we have more lag than ever.

You say you don’t want stripped down gameplay but you then proceed to tell me to remove a bunch of things. Cause that makes sense. If you want basically halo 3 again go play it. Halo 4 is halo and it plays like halo. It just has new elements. I don’t care how much you people say you don’t want a halo 3 remake thats all your asking for. Just in a shifty round about way.

Halo 4 to me is basically common sense being thrown out the window for some “new features” that are fun for a day or two, and quickly become little more than a PROBLEM keeping the game from being good.

The worst part is? You don’t have a CHOICE to play without Armour Abilities, Boltshots, or Ordinance, They are ALWAYS there. (Unless you happen to like SWAT, a gimmick gamemode that most people DONT want to play… In fact Halo 4 is the only Halo game EVER that I’ve played SWAT in over vanilla. The ONLY ONE.)

> > > > OP, I’ve stopped making like threads like this because it’s useless. 343 achieved what they wanted in casualizing Halo 4. The competitive community can fight back all we want but I don’t think it matters anymore. 343 thinks this new trilogy can survive with casual play and they’ll be dead wrong when Halo falls due to a lack of competitive play.
> > >
> > > halo will survive because there are plenty of dedicated fans that don’t piss themselves when the game changes too much or in the non approved direction of the self entitled “fans.” You have the option and the ability to make maps as you see fit and as games you see fit. We already have “MLG approved” maps and settings. Plus tons of forge remakes. If you cared that much about having your stripped down gameplay you can go make it. 343 shouldn’t have to hold your hand.
> >
> > We don’t want stripped down gameplay, we just want REAL Halo back without the gimmicks and randomness. We want balanced, structured gameplay. We don’t want AA’s. We don’t want ordinance drops. We want weapons spawned on the maps at strategic points. We want enemies to spawn at their base’s surroundings, not behind us. Technology has improved greatly over the years, yet we have more lag than ever.
>
> You say you don’t want stripped down gameplay but you then proceed to tell me to remove a bunch of things. Cause that makes sense. If you want basically halo 3 again go play it. Halo 4 is halo and it plays like halo. It just has new elements. I don’t care how much you people say you don’t want a halo 3 remake thats all your asking for. Just in a shifty round about way.

Halo 4 is still a completely different game from Halo 3 if you turn off Ordinance, Forge weapons onto maps, force no AAs or Thrust only etc.

It’s completely different. And you know what? I like that more than Halo 3.

We don’t want Halo 3 back. We just don’t want the RULES OF THE GAME completely and radically changed. We want the physics changed, we want new weapons. And heck a few new features isn’t a bad idea when handled correctly. But to ask us to change HOW WE PLAY THE GAME FROM IT’S CORE. Is just too much.