H4 Campaign Discussion/Extended Fiction Relat

I haven’t come across a thread discussing the incredibly interesting Halo 4 campaign. So I’d like to start one. If no one chimes in, I’ll totally have my feelings hurt. And yes there are SPOILERS!

1. Humans become Forerunners - I found it very interesting how humanity so resembled the Forerunners. Is it a coincidence that the Forerunners all wore armor that looked like Master Chief? My guess is, no. And that alone has some serious implications.

Humanity is reaching an inevitable point in which they will be the new forerunner race, the caretakers. We know they were destined to be the new Mantle holders but the librarian ensured it when she saw what the Didact intended.

Its interesting to think, that had the Flood not attacked humanity so many thousands of years ago, they would be rulers of the universe. Which makes me wonder, was that the Flood’s purpose. Were they designed to mess up the natural order or to ensure a certain destiny for humanity or the Forerunners?

1. AIs are Prometheans. Cortana was created by taking living tissue and imprinting it in a synthetic form. And she eventually suffered rampancy - splitting into multiple personalities and destroying herself.

The composer took living tissues and imprinted into a synthetic form, only in this case it destroyed the tissue. In both cases, rampancy was the major flaw.

1. Are humans following the same path because they were imprinted with this by the librarian or is there something bigger at play. Maybe something to do with the Primordials/Precursors?

Just the tip of the iceberg from this great story. If anyone has any thoughts, lets discuss. Otherwise, I wasted 5 minutes :).

“Humans become Forerunners”
human didnt become forerunners, but from what the Librarian said human DNA was engineered after they were defeated by the Didact*. Engineered so that eventually they would create Spartan Armor that resembled their own.

“Humanity is reaching an inevitable point in which they will be the new forerunner race”
Human potential, before their Fall, would have lead them to be more powerful then the Forerunner race and taking the mantle, to govern the galaxy. But not become them.

" Which makes me wonder, was that the Flood’s purpose. Were they designed to mess up the natural order or to ensure a certain destiny for humanity or the Forerunners?"
I haven’t read the newer halo books, but from what little I understand, the Flood was created by a separate much older race called the Precursors, who were on the verge of extinction. So in an act of revenge they created the Flood to forever curse the Races that killed them. Would be like giving your Murderer -Yoink!- or Cancer.

“AIs are Prometheans”
From what i understand they arent AI’s from the Start, they were Soldiers, most Human soldier from the past that were Uploaded with the Composer and latter Printer out as Prometheans, Loyal to the Ditact*.
The Composer was oringally supposed to perfect upload and print people as they once were… but that didnt work. Cortana however as you stated is already a Digital Copy of Halsey’s Clone. All cortana would need to figure out is how to be Printed… which is why its very possible Cortana isnt dead.

Also Rampancy isnt really a Corruption of the AI, in the books it has always been more of a Giving way to their Human side. The side of them that was Modeled from the Brain they were created from. The more Human they become the more they are considered Rampant and the less they can be controlled.

"Are humans following the same path because they were imprinted with this by the librarian "
I think they will likely get to where they once were, but More Slowly.

Interesting response. For the record, I didn’t mean to imply that the humans would become the Forerunners genetically, just take their role in the universe. Same with the AI’s and Prometheans. The AI’s were never human and the Prometheans were never AIs.

Two interesting things

1. Rampancy. According to various sources rampancy has can be several things but becoming too human is in a sense one of them. I thought I had heard in the game Cortana connecting Rampancy to fracturing personalities. Isn’t doesn’t she talk about fighting multiple versions of herself internally? I think she also says something about it at the beginning of level 7.

2. The Precursor. A Precursor makes an appearance in the Forerunner Saga novels. He says that the Flood were created to test the keepers of the Mantle and determine whether or not they are worthy. However, it could be that this Precursor was a Gravemind, or just out right lying.