H4: BR or DMR pick! (just for fun guys)

i have pick the Br! : D

DMR. Single shot > burst any day

Only a heretic would choose the DMR.

BR gets my vote.

Assault Rifle - take that society! Seriously though I like CQb and the AR sounds and was said to be “beast” (from last podcast). Big maps - I’ll use DMR then I’ll use the BR on maps kind of like reflection - Long hallways and viewpoints that the AR doesn’t have range for but some tight corners a DMR won’t help clear.

> Only a heretic would choose the DMR.
>
> BR gets my vote.

<mark>A “heretic” won the war for humanity against the Covenant, so heck… call me a heretic all you want :B</mark>

I’m a BR girl. The DMR’s got a lot to prove to itself in H4 in order for me to swap my BR for a DMR.

> I’m a BR girl. The DMR’s got a lot to prove to itself in H4 in order for me to swap my BR for a DMR.

Out of curiosity, how so? The Halo 3 BR was far worse and more inconsistent than the DMR with Vanilla Reach bloom.

> > Only a heretic would choose the DMR.
> >
> > BR gets my vote.
>
> <mark>A “heretic” won the war for humanity against the Covenant, so heck… call me a heretic all you want :B</mark>

Heretic! :smiley:

> > I’m a BR girl. The DMR’s got a lot to prove to itself in H4 in order for me to swap my BR for a DMR.
>
> Out of curiosity, how so? The Halo 3 BR was far worse and more inconsistent than the DMR with Vanilla Reach bloom.

Honestly it’s just personal preference. I have WAY more time spent in H2 and H3 and I’m more comfortable with the BR vice the DMR.

I’m not saying that it was hella accurate or anything because I know it wasn’t but I just like the way it handles. (TWSS.)

It depends on the map. Maps like Wraparound and Warhouse will probably see me using the Battle Rifle more often than not while maps like Hemmorhage will see me use the DMR.

Rock paper scissors.

> > I’m a BR girl. The DMR’s got a lot to prove to itself in H4 in order for me to swap my BR for a DMR.
>
> Out of curiosity, how so? The Halo 3 BR was far worse and more inconsistent than the DMR with Vanilla Reach bloom.

i got disagree with you there man the Br was far better then reach DMR lol thats all i got to say

> Rock paper scissors.

Godzilla.

> > > I’m a BR girl. The DMR’s got a lot to prove to itself in H4 in order for me to swap my BR for a DMR.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, how so? The Halo 3 BR was far worse and more inconsistent than the DMR with Vanilla Reach bloom.
>
> i got disagree with you there man the Br was far better then reach DMR lol thats all i got to say

The DMR kills faster, is hitscan, and is actually useful from long range. Fact > fiction

If you don’t mind, can you name one way that it’s a better weapon other than just personal preference?

Point of contention: the Halo 2 BR was also hitscan.

DMR please, come at me with your BR and I’ll 5-shot you before you even get in range

I do love me the DMR and in glad its returning to H4. But the BR will always be my be my best buddy, but that doesn’t mean I won’t always have a DMR on my back :wink:

> Point of contention: the Halo 2 BR was also hitscan.

Yeh I know, but I was talking about the Halo 3 BR. The Halo 2 BR still wasn’t as good as the ZB DMR either. Off host, the H2 BR was pretty frustrating because of the burst and bullets not registering (although in part that was due to the online not being as good as we see today anyway).

> > > > I’m a BR girl. The DMR’s got a lot to prove to itself in H4 in order for me to swap my BR for a DMR.
> > >
> > > Out of curiosity, how so? The Halo 3 BR was far worse and more inconsistent than the DMR with Vanilla Reach bloom.
> >
> > i got disagree with you there man the Br was far better then reach DMR lol thats all i got to say
>
> The DMR kills faster, is hitscan, and is actually useful from long range. Fact > fiction
>
> If you don’t mind, can you name one way that it’s a better weapon other than just personal preference?

lol well idk how to really answer the “right way” but i got say it feels more powerful and you sure DMR kills faster? seems to me the Br was a bit faster then the DMR by a bit and i would say it takes more skiil to use the Br then the DMR

The improved netcode has made a HUUUUGE difference in the hitscan weapons for sure. But it wasn’t clear from your post that you were referring solely to the H3 BR, mea culpa. :slight_smile: