h3 servers getting shut down?

on my twitter feed im getting posts about playing halo 3 one last time this weekend. ive heard no news of the servers shutting down.

I’ve heard quite a few rumours recently that they’re going to get shut down but I don’t think it’s true. I haven’t seen it lately but I think the population is still fairly high, enough to for a reason to keep it open
I’m pretty sure it’s safe

I’d be very surprised if they did that.

The servers aren’t getting shut down. This “event” is simply the people of the Internet trying to give the game some new life before all the next-gen stuff starts being talked about. Think of it as a way to remember how great this generation of consoles and games was and how much better they will be in the future.

I hope they prolong the Xbox Live service for the 360 after 720 comes out. I would be pissed if they immediately shut down the Xbox Live service after 720 gets released.

The only way it’ll get “shut down” is if MS shuts down the old 360 servers when the new game console releases.

People forget that Halo 3 is still peer to peer, so as long as the 360 era LIVE keeps kicking and people are playing it…you’ll be able to play.

I mean, thats the only reason the Halo 2 servers got shut down because they were shutting down ALL of the original xbox servers. If Halo 2 were during the 360 era, you’d still be able to play it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Is it just me or this planet getting stupider every day?

OT: No. That’s for a “repopulate Halo 3” event which always fails.

> on my twitter feed im getting posts about playing halo 3 one last time this weekend. ive heard no news of the servers shutting down.
>
> https://twitter.com/MoreConsole/status/297267768351412224/photo/1

I’m pretty sure the only reason people are saying this lately is because of the incident about halo 2 pc servers going down, now most people like myself are concerned that 343i are going to start ignoring classic fans of the original trilogy while people like myself hate 343i’s attempt so want to play the originals but instead are concerned that the only halo games to be able to play would be halo 4.

Basically people are scared of what 343i are upto.