H3 Enhancements 60FPS?

Basically, as the title stated, when H3 gets the X1X Enhancements with the anti aliasing and such, will it run at 60FPS? Or is that saved for MCC?

I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.

> 2535464646167835;2:
> I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.

I mean, it is a decade old game. It should run 60FPS no problem.

> 2533274939523300;3:
> > 2535464646167835;2:
> > I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.
>
> I mean, it is a decade old game. It should run 60FPS no problem.

It should, but you never know. If they were able to do it in MCC - it’s pretty plausible they will for Xbox 360 Halo 3. But with 343 and Microsoft… You never really know for sure.

> 2535464646167835;4:
> > 2533274939523300;3:
> > > 2535464646167835;2:
> > > I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.
> >
> > I mean, it is a decade old game. It should run 60FPS no problem.
>
> It should, but you never know. If they were able to do it in MCC - it’s pretty plausible they will for Xbox 360 Halo 3. But with 343 and Microsoft… You never really know for sure.

True, but I’m confident. They’ve been trying to turn around the franchise for the better recently, and I don’t think they’d hold back.

> 2535464646167835;2:
> I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.

I bet it will remain 30 fps but with better draw distance snd antialiasing support and 4K

> 2533274939523300;3:
> > 2535464646167835;2:
> > I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.
>

halo 3 on the Xbox 360 was meant to be played at 30 fps 343 would have to rework the entire game to run at 60 fps and I personally don’t think they should make it run at 60 fps because then they will have to update the original version on the 360 which will never handle 60 fps and it could result in many server issues if the game it running at 60 fps for some and 30 fps and also halo 3 server 10 years old it can’t handle 60 fps

> 2533274939523300;3:
> > 2535464646167835;2:
>

It’s not that simple. Higher resolution and anti-aliasing are failrly straightforward to implement in emulation, but changing the framerate may not be if some other parts of the game (e.g., movement) are tied to the framerate. If this was the case with Halo 5 (as it was, which was among reasons why split-screen couldn’t just be implemented running at 30 fps), it’s highly likely it would also be the case with earlier games. In that case, changing the framerate would probably require modifications to core parts of the game. This is something they could afford to do while making MCC for the Xbox One, but they can’t come and update everyone’s original Halo 3 disk.

> 2533274825830455;8:
> > 2533274939523300;3:
> > > I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.
> >
>
> It’s not that simple. Higher resolution and anti-aliasing are failrly straightforward to implement in emulation, but changing the framerate may not be if some other parts of the game (e.g., movement) are tied to the framerate. If this was the case with Halo 5 (as it was, which was among reasons why split-screen couldn’t just be implemented running at 30 fps), it’s highly likely it would also be the case with earlier games. In that case, changing the framerate would probably require modifications to core parts of the game. This is something they could afford to do while making MCC for the Xbox One, but they can’t come and update everyone’s original Halo 3 disk.

I definitely see what you mean. I’m quite clearly no game software developer, so I probably shouldn’t have made a statement so bold lol. In any case, 30fps us still very enjoyable, especially on a classic like H3. However, IF such an update in the distant future were to happen, if I’m correct, H3 is a BC game, and BC discs are nothing more than a key to actually play the game, so wouldn’t it be as accessible to people as a simple update?

> 2533274939523300;9:
> > 2533274825830455;8:
> > > 2533274939523300;3:
> > > > 2535464646167835;2:
> > > > I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.
> > >
> > > I mean, it is a decade old game. It should run 60FPS no problem.
> >
> > It’s not that simple. Higher resolution and anti-aliasing are failrly straightforward to implement in emulation, but changing the framerate may not be if some other parts of the game (e.g., movement) are tied to the framerate. If this was the case with Halo 5 (as it was, which was among reasons why split-screen couldn’t just be implemented running at 30 fps), it’s highly likely it would also be the case with earlier games. In that case, changing the framerate would probably require modifications to core parts of the game. This is something they could afford to do while making MCC for the Xbox One, but they can’t come and update everyone’s original Halo 3 disk.
>
> I definitely see what you mean. I’m quite clearly no game software developer, so I probably shouldn’t have made a statement so bold lol. In any case, 30fps us still very enjoyable, especially on a classic like H3. However, IF such an update in the distant future were to happen, if I’m correct, H3 is a BC game, and BC discs are nothing more than a key to actually play the game, so wouldn’t it be as accessible to people as a simple update?

Sure, I guess everyone who owns the game could be prompted with a seven or so gigabyte update that essentially switches the game with a new copy. (Frankly, I didn’t remember that the disk was only need to ensure that you actually have the game, and the game itself was stored on your console.) But someone would still need to do all the work… So, I guess it’s technically possible, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

It will not run at 60fps. It is not a power issue, it is a competitive one. If you increase Halo 3’s framerate to 60fps, you are getting a considerable advantage over players on regular Xbox One’s or Xbox 360’s at 30fps. 60fps grants lower latency for input, meaning the controls will be much more responsive, giving you an edge for playing on the One X.

If you want 60fps, the Halo 3 that was included in the MCC is the only way to go, where all players will be playing at 60fps on a level playing field.

Remember, Halo 3 is an Xbox 360 game. The Xbox 360, the weakest platform of the One and One X, would have to be capable of running Halo 3 at 60fps too. It won’t happen.

Uh…What is this post even about?

> 2535443548700992;7:
> > 2533274939523300;3:
> >
>
> halo 3 on the Xbox 360 was meant to be played at 30 fps 343 would have to rework the entire game to run at 60 fps and I personally don’t think they should make it run at 60 fps because then they will have to update the original version on the 360 which will never handle 60 fps and it could result in many server issues if the game it running at 60 fps for some and 30 fps and also halo 3 server 10 years old it can’t handle 60 fps

Halo 3 runs at 60fps on The Master Chief Collection already…what are you even going on about? It’s already at 60fps and will remain at 60fps when Halo MCC gets the 4k update.

> 2533274939523300;9:
> > 2533274825830455;8:
> > > 2533274939523300;3:
> > > > 2535464646167835;2:
> > > > I’d be surprised if it still ran at 30fps, would be bad PR for the “power” of the X1X.
> > >
> > > I mean, it is a decade old game. It should run 60FPS no problem.
> >
> > It’s not that simple. Higher resolution and anti-aliasing are failrly straightforward to implement in emulation, but changing the framerate may not be if some other parts of the game (e.g., movement) are tied to the framerate. If this was the case with Halo 5 (as it was, which was among reasons why split-screen couldn’t just be implemented running at 30 fps), it’s highly likely it would also be the case with earlier games. In that case, changing the framerate would probably require modifications to core parts of the game. This is something they could afford to do while making MCC for the Xbox One, but they can’t come and update everyone’s original Halo 3 disk.
>
> I definitely see what you mean. I’m quite clearly no game software developer, so I probably shouldn’t have made a statement so bold lol. In any case, 30fps us still very enjoyable, especially on a classic like H3. However, IF such an update in the distant future were to happen, if I’m correct, H3 is a BC game, and BC discs are nothing more than a key to actually play the game, so wouldn’t it be as accessible to people as a simple update?

Backwards compatible Halo 3 is never getting any update in resolution or FPS. Never will sadly, but that’s the point of “backwards compatible titles” right? To see how the original played. Halo The Master Chief Collection on the other hand runs all Halo games (Halo 1-4 and ODST) at 1080p 60fps. Halo MCC will be getting a 4k update and still run at 60fps sometime next year. OG 360 Halo 3 will not be getting any update of the sort.

> 2533274939523300;1:
> Basically, as the title stated, when H3 gets the X1X Enhancements with the anti aliasing and such, will it run at 60FPS? Or is that saved for MCC?

Halo MCC is the only game getting enhancements to run at 4k. Halo MCC also already runs at 60fps and has since it’s release.

The OG 360 Halo 3 will not be getting any updates or enhancements of the sort.

> 2533274887581216;12:
> Uh…What is this post even about?

A couple of days ago, Microsoft announced that certain Xbox 360 games running on the Xbox One X via backward compatibility would be enhanced to run at 4K resolution and with increased colour depth. The first four games to support these enhancements are Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and the original Assassin’s Creed.

> 2574155679901782;11:
> It will not run at 60fps. It is not a power issue, it is a competitive one.

Do a little research and know what you’re talking about before you start punching away at the keyboard. Please. It has nothing to do with competition, it has to do with not altering the original code and breaking compatibility, among other things.

Regardless, it is indeed 30fps locked. There’s nothing they can do about this, the resolution enhancement is the only thing they can do without modifying the game’s code (if they did modify the code, they’d break cross-compatibility with XBox 360 players in BC, possibly break/desynchronize old theater recordings, cause unintentional changes in physics, etc).

Either way, nothing can be done about it. Boosted FPS isn’t something you can just “inject” into a game without affecting how it runs at all levels. Resolution, on the other hand, isn’t something that affects the game logic.

> Backwards compatible Halo 3 is never getting any update in resolution or FPS.

You must be out of the loop. The XBox One X will be getting the capability of displaying some XBox 360 games at native (aka. no upscaling) 4k resolution through BC, but it does so in a way that doesn’t alter the game code whatsoever. The enhancement is done on a layer outside of the game itself, much like how emulators for older 3d consoles can display games for those systems HD resolutions without touching the games themselves, even though they weren’t originally designed for it.

> 2533274821632824;15:
> > 2574155679901782;11:
> > It will not run at 60fps. It is not a power issue, it is a competitive one.
>
> Do a little research and know what you’re talking about before you start punching away at the keyboard. Please. It has nothing to do with competition, it has to do with not altering the original code and breaking compatibility, among other things.
>
> Regardless, it is indeed 30fps locked. There’s nothing they can do about this, the resolution enhancement is the only thing they can do without modifying the game’s code (if they did modify the code, they’d break cross-compatibility with XBox 360 players in BC, possibly break/desynchronize old theater recordings, cause unintentional changes in physics, etc).
>
> Either way, nothing can be done about it. Boosted FPS isn’t something you can just “inject” into a game without affecting how it runs at all levels. Resolution, on the other hand, isn’t something that affects the game logic.
>
>
>
>
> > Backwards compatible Halo 3 is never getting any update in resolution or FPS.
>
> You must be out of the loop. The XBox One X will be getting the capability of displaying some XBox 360 games at native (aka. no upscaling) 4k resolution through BC, but it does so in a way that doesn’t alter the game code whatsoever. The enhancement is done on a layer outside of the game itself, much like how emulators for older 3d consoles can display games for those systems HD resolutions without touching the games themselves, even though they weren’t originally designed for it.

I know what I’m talking about thank you very much and regarding my original quote, competitive matchmaking will play a factor unless you want to dispute the benefits of 60fps versus 30fps. 60fps>30fps and puts 360/OG One players at a disadvantage if the One X gets 60fps. This point holds true regardless of the additional points you make regarding the theatre recordings and physics (something i am all too familiar with in Dark Souls PC) because even if they do ‘update’ the game engine for 60fps, the chances of the 360 being able to run at 60fps are slim. Furthermore, if only the One/One X runs the new code at 60fps then it would as you said break compatibility and effectively be a new version of the game, correct? In which case my other point being if you want 1080p60fps Halo 3, Master Chief Collection is already out.

And even if they somehow manage to retain compatibility between the original and 60fps code, the competitive point still stands. Please be more respectful.

> 2533274824822009;14:
> > 2533274887581216;12:
> > Uh…What is this post even about?
>
> A couple of days ago, Microsoft announced that certain Xbox 360 games running on the Xbox One X via backward compatibility would be enhanced to run at 4K resolution and with increased colour depth. The first four games to support these enhancements are Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and the original Assassin’s Creed.

It won’t be 4K. The Enhanced games list has halo 3, and the only category it falls into is X1X enhanced

> 2574155679901782;16:
> I know what I’m talking about thank you very much and regarding my original quote, competitive matchmaking will play a factor unless you want to dispute the benefits of 60fps versus 30fps. 60fps>30fps and puts 360/OG One players at a disadvantage if the One X gets 60fps. This point holds true regardless of the additional points you make regarding the theatre recordings and physics (something i am all too familiar with in Dark Souls PC) because even if they do ‘update’ the game engine for 60fps, the chances of the 360 being able to run at 60fps are slim. Furthermore, if only the One/One X runs the new code at 60fps then it would as you said break compatibility and effectively be a new version of the game, correct? In which case my other point being if you want 1080p60fps Halo 3, Master Chief Collection is already out.
>
> And even if they somehow manage to retain compatibility between the original and 60fps code, the competitive point still stands. Please be more respectful.

I’m saying that competitiveness doesn’t even factor into it, that it wasn’t even a consideration because there isn’t any point into going that far when modifying the code wasn’t and isn’t on the table to begin with. Plain and simple.

I would love to see the Halo 3 community consolidated to one game. Here is an idea.
There still is no Halo 3 anniv. ( Keep in mind )
-Give us Halo 3 original with 60 fps and the graphical upgrade of mcc all playlist and everything just the original game with these upgrades.

• Take halo 3 off of the mcc.
    Then make halo 3 original not backwards compatable. everyone who is playing halo 3 on a 360 still already has an xbox one.
    This will consolidate all halo 3 players to one game.
    Then take halo 4 off of mcc so that all the halo 4 players can play with backwards compat and xbox 360 owners.
    This would allow those that want to play h2, h2a and halo ce the chance to play them on the mcc.

The halo community is not big enough per each game to spread out. For example right now half of the people are on og halo 3 and half are on halo mcc halo 3.
Anyways I am just bored and here are some thoughts.

> 2533274824822009;14:
> > 2533274887581216;12:
> > Uh…What is this post even about?
>
> A couple of days ago, Microsoft announced that certain Xbox 360 games running on the Xbox One X via backward compatibility would be enhanced to run at 4K resolution and with increased colour depth. The first four games to support these enhancements are Halo 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and the original Assassin’s Creed.

I just watched the video, and all it really is, is minor improvements. Very minor improvements over-all to say the least. Also, I’m pretty sure when they said “enhanced” they meant “upscaled to 4k” which all Xbox 360 games are getting, not just Halo 3 alone. Only a few games are actually getting updates to the 10-bit color depth instead of the 8-bit color depth’s they were running at before on the Xbox 360. In fact, some backwards compatible Xbox 360 games already have this setting on by default, so they’ll look better regardless.

> 2533274956591795;19:
> I would love to see the Halo 3 community consolidated to one game. Here is an idea.
> There still is no Halo 3 anniv. ( Keep in mind )
> -Give us Halo 3 original with 60 fps and the graphical upgrade of mcc all playlist and everything just the original game with these upgrades.
> - Take halo 3 off of the mcc.
> Then make halo 3 original not backwards compatable. everyone who is playing halo 3 on a 360 still already has an xbox one.
> This will consolidate all halo 3 players to one game.
> Then take halo 4 off of mcc so that all the halo 4 players can play with backwards compat and xbox 360 owners.
> This would allow those that want to play h2, h2a and halo ce the chance to play them on the mcc.
>
> The halo community is not big enough per each game to spread out. For example right now half of the people are on og halo 3 and half are on halo mcc halo 3.
> Anyways I am just bored and here are some thoughts.

Nothing of what you said is even possible.
Halo 3 original 360 version can’t be run at 60fps. Xbox 360 wouldn’t be able to handle it, and effectively they’d be changing the games code and also cause a whole lot of problems with physics, theater clips and more. Even how certain maps work. It’d also technically be considered a brand new game at that point, but we already got Halo MCC for that.
You can’t take Halo 3 off of MCC, not possible. It’s already to deeply coded in, and trying to take it out would cause way more problems then needed.
At this point I can consider you to be very close minded, not everyone who is still playing Halo 3 has an Xbox One.
Anyways, the rest of what you said simply isn’t possible, and Halo MCC is already getting a major update to fix all the issues so all players of Halo 1-4 can just hop on Halo MCC at the best 60fps at 1080p,