H2BR vs H5BR (in H5)

Anyone like the H5BR over the H2BR?

I noticed the last time playing the H2BR Slayer playlist that the H2BR felt like I was dragging the reticle through molasses. I switched to the H5BR and immediately felt less restricted.

I then went to Aozolai’s video and saw that the RRR radius from the head is longer, essentially slowing down your reticle for a longer time before reaching the head. Now I think that the bullet magnetism would still kick in and register a headshot even while not on the head, but it still makes it feel more restricting than the H5BR.

Honestly to me the h2br is my go to than the h5br. But generalheed has made a recent video and it shows the h5br has faster velocity but the h2br in h5 gets you a faster kill because of the reloading.

I don’t have the Halo 2A BR in Warzone however when every I pick it up or find it in arena I have liked it better than the Halo 5 BR.

Going off purely feel, i prefer the H2BR for sure at unscoped range, but in most circumstances we’d all be using the magnum at that range anyway.

Honestly I like the H5 BR, but (unless it has been buffed since it’s bullet velocity nerf) it feels pretty weak compared to the DMR and the magnum, I’d drop the BR for the DMR anyday. The sound design amd animations are really good, you can just tell that it is a clunky gun just from listening and operating it.

The H2 BR defintly feels more potent and I always pick it up when I stumble across one.

Halo 5’s br is garbage. It always has been and it always will be. The Halo 2 br is a national treasure. It still feels like it should and whenever I pick up the halo 5 br, it just feels like a -Yoink- sand which.

> 2533274793285385;6:
> Halo 5’s br is garbage. It always has been and it always will be.

I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. The Halo 5 BR is garbage now, but it WAS an extremely viable choice of weapon to go with before the weapon tuning update back in November 2017.

> 2533274800168045;7:
> > 2533274793285385;6:
> > Halo 5’s br is garbage. It always has been and it always will be.
>
> I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. The Halo 5 BR is garbage now, but it WAS an extremely viable choice of weapon to go with before the weapon tuning update back in November 2017.

I’ll have to disagree with you here. As a person that was an MLG player in Halo 2, and Halo 3, and extensively used the weapon in halo 4, by the time Halo 5 came around it was trash.

halo 5 decided to make the guns pseudo call of duty esque. The only guns that seemed viable to me was the assault rifle and the pistol in halo 5. The sights and the way the br fires without classic halo sights is truly crap, and even with that it’s a sham from what br’s were back in the day.

You’re welcome to your opinion so I guess we’ll agree to disagree, but the gun play in halo 5 in general is honestly a reflection of what Halo 5 was at best. Questionable.

I still play Halo 5 when I can, and it’s come a hell of a long way since when it released but the Halo 2 Br, even it Halo 5’s bullet magnetism crap gameplay, vastly out performs the halo 5 br.

> 2533274793285385;8:
> > 2533274800168045;7:
> > > 2533274793285385;6:
> > > Halo 5’s br is garbage. It always has been and it always will be.
> >
> > I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. The Halo 5 BR is garbage now, but it WAS an extremely viable choice of weapon to go with before the weapon tuning update back in November 2017.
>
> I’ll have to disagree with you here. As a person that was an MLG player in Halo 2, and Halo 3, and extensively used the weapon in halo 4, by the time Halo 5 came around it was trash.
>
> halo 5 decided to make the guns pseudo call of duty esque. The only guns that seemed viable to me was the assault rifle and the pistol in halo 5. The sights and the way the br fires without classic halo sights is truly crap, and even with that it’s a sham from what br’s were back in the day.
>
> You’re welcome to your opinion so I guess we’ll agree to disagree, but the gun play in halo 5 in general is honestly a reflection of what Halo 5 was at best. Questionable.
>
> I still play Halo 5 when I can, and it’s come a hell of a long way since when it released but the Halo 2 Br, even it Halo 5’s bullet magnetism crap gameplay, vastly out performs the halo 5 br.

The smart link scope for the BR was a change that I agree didn’t need to happen, but in terms of how far it actually zoomed in, it was still a 2x scope, just as the classic BR was. Prior to the 2017 update, the Halo 5 BR had no kick, and practically had laser accuracy on it’s spread when fired, in combination with having a red reticle range matching that of what the Halo 2 BR has now. The only thing it lacked was the bullet magnetism that the Halo 2 BR has attached to it, but otherwise, it was always better to grab the BR over the Magnum in Arena.

> 2533274800168045;7:
> > 2533274793285385;6:
> > Halo 5’s br is garbage. It always has been and it always will be.
>
> I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. The Halo 5 BR is garbage now, but it WAS an extremely viable choice of weapon to go with before the weapon tuning update back in November 2017.

agreed, H5BR was good before the tuning, but after that was in my opinion the worst semiautomatic loadout,

Halo 2BR has a lot of bullet magnetism and low recoil. H5BR has worse aim assist, magnetism, and stability. Even a skilled player with a magnum, maybe onyx or diamond can still get killed by lower ranks with H2brs easily. I recommend picking those up on the few arena maps that have them or running them in warzone.

> 2535431933064458;1:
> Anyone like the H5BR over the H2BR?
>
> I noticed the last time playing the H2BR Slayer playlist that the H2BR felt like I was dragging the reticle through molasses. I switched to the H5BR and immediately felt less restricted.
>
> I then went to Aozolai’s video and saw that the RRR radius from the head is longer, essentially slowing down your reticle for a longer time before reaching the head. Now I think that the bullet magnetism would still kick in and register a headshot even while not on the head, but it still makes it feel more restricting than the H5BR.

the OG H5BR (pre weapon tuning update) will forever be my favorite BR. In its current state and H2BR is better.

Our homie GeneralHeed did a video on this recently: YouTube link.

The Halo 5 BR isn’t a bad gun, I’d still use it here and there, but the Halo 2 BR is just an immediate goto for me. I can drop more enemies way quicker than the other one. I honestly feel like the H5 BR is good for dropping people’s shields without being able to really get the kill on them if too many enemies are around.

> 2533274818084099;13:
> Our homie GeneralHeed did a video on this recently: YouTube link.

He’s definitely a homie. However, I was trying to direct this thread to address the wider RRR area on the spartan hitbox. It feels fine at longer distances but up close it feels like I have to drag the reticle through more “sticky aim” than the H5BR.

> 2535431933064458;15:
> > 2533274818084099;13:
> > Our homie GeneralHeed did a video on this recently: YouTube link.
>
> He’s definitely a homie. However, I was trying to direct this thread to address the wider RRR area on the spartan hitbox. It feels fine at longer distances but up close it feels like I have to drag the reticle through more “sticky aim” than the H5BR.

Hm, you’re talking about the auto-aim magnet. It would be an interesting choice if they made it different for different BRs. Maybe try experimenting with a friend in forge swiping from left to right around his hit-box and see if there is more slow-down using the Halo 2 BR.