H2A Glitch Inclusion/Redaction

There has been alot of opinions out there for what glitches, if any, should stay in the Halo 2 MP.

Personally I think none should be fixed. I think they should take the last build of H2’s MP with the rocket/sword glitch fixed among other small tweaks like beat down count and use it. BXR, BXB, Double shot, and super jumps should stay.

IMO all of those glitches simply provide the more skilled players with a way to stand out of the average crowd more so than other Halo titles.

The multiplayer button combos shouldn’t return. The main reason being modded controllers (those ones with the paddles on the back) combined with modern layouts would make the combos too easy to preform. The redeeming factor the combos had in the first place was ensuring you removed your thumb from the thumbstick, something that would no longer be an issue.

So no thanks to those. I’m fine with Superbounces returning as custom games and forge only items (make them features as opposed to glitches, just fun things to find) and keep the campaign glitches in-tact. The button combos however should be removed.

> The multiplayer button combos shouldn’t return. The main reason being modded controllers (those ones with the paddles on the back) combined with modern layouts would make the combos too easy to preform. The redeeming factor the combos had in the first place was ensuring you removed your thumb from the thumbstick, something that would no longer be an issue.
>
> So no thanks to those. I’m fine with Superbounces returning as custom games and forge only items (make them features as opposed to glitches, just fun things to find) and keep the campaign glitches in-tact. The button combos however should be removed.

There is no difference between the ‘modern layout’ and what people played Halo 2 with.Also, with XB1’s technology and control recognition, I sincerely DOUBT anyone would be able to use a ‘modded’ controller.

Button combos should stay.

I’m betting if they DO moderate the use of glitches, it’d be like “Lower Weapon” where you have to switch the connection to “My Xbox One”.

> > The multiplayer button combos shouldn’t return. The main reason being modded controllers (those ones with the paddles on the back) combined with modern layouts would make the combos too easy to preform. The redeeming factor the combos had in the first place was ensuring you removed your thumb from the thumbstick, something that would no longer be an issue.
> >
> > So no thanks to those. I’m fine with Superbounces returning as custom games and forge only items (make them features as opposed to glitches, just fun things to find) and keep the campaign glitches in-tact. The button combos however should be removed.
>
> There is no difference between the ‘modern layout’ and what people played Halo 2 with.Also, with XB1’s technology and control recognition, I sincerely DOUBT anyone would be able to use a ‘modded’ controller.
>
> Button combos should stay.

Err… we have two entirely new buttons and a wide array of new control schemes. Recon for example has reload on rb, and others have melee on the thumbstick. There are a lot of button layouts now that Halo 2 didn’t have, and some of them would make the combos easier to pull off than before.

As for the controllers, look up “Xbox One Scuf Controllers”. I’m not sure if we’re allowed to discuss them on the forums so I’ll leave it there.

> I’m betting if they DO moderate the use of glitches, it’d be like “Lower Weapon” where you have to switch the connection to “My Xbox One”.

I never understood why they did that.

I doubt they’ll exclude the glitches, and I hope they’re equal parts untouched (disabled in matchmaking), but I can’t see these working until you switch connection to Local/My Xbox.

> > > The multiplayer button combos shouldn’t return. The main reason being modded controllers (those ones with the paddles on the back) combined with modern layouts would make the combos too easy to preform. The redeeming factor the combos had in the first place was ensuring you removed your thumb from the thumbstick, something that would no longer be an issue.
> > >
> > > So no thanks to those. I’m fine with Superbounces returning as custom games and forge only items (make them features as opposed to glitches, just fun things to find) and keep the campaign glitches in-tact. The button combos however should be removed.
> >
> > There is no difference between the ‘modern layout’ and what people played Halo 2 with.Also, with XB1’s technology and control recognition, I sincerely DOUBT anyone would be able to use a ‘modded’ controller.
> >
> > Button combos should stay.
>
> Err… we have two entirely new buttons and a wide array of new control schemes. Recon for example has reload on rb, and others have melee on the thumbstick. There are a lot of button layouts now that Halo 2 didn’t have, and some of them would make the combos easier to pull off than before.
>
> As for the controllers, look up “Xbox One Scuf Controllers”. I’m not sure if we’re allowed to discuss them on the forums so I’ll leave it there.
>
>
>
> > I’m betting if they DO moderate the use of glitches, it’d be like “Lower Weapon” where you have to switch the connection to “My Xbox One”.
>
> I never understood why they did that.

Actually the button count remains the same… Just the positioning has changed. Adding button layouts would be of little to no issue.

As for that controller, there are tons out there that allow for button mapping to the back or extra bumpers. I think MS or 343 could easily disallow those pads. If not, I doubt many players will have one given the fact that I hadn’t even heard of them.

> > The multiplayer button combos shouldn’t return. The main reason being modded controllers (those ones with the paddles on the back) combined with modern layouts would make the combos too easy to preform. The redeeming factor the combos had in the first place was ensuring you removed your thumb from the thumbstick, something that would no longer be an issue.
> >
> > So no thanks to those. I’m fine with Superbounces returning as custom games and forge only items (make them features as opposed to glitches, just fun things to find) and keep the campaign glitches in-tact. The button combos however should be removed.
>
> There is no difference between the ‘modern layout’ and what people played Halo 2 with.Also, with XB1’s technology and control recognition, I sincerely DOUBT anyone would be able to use a ‘modded’ controller.
>
> Button combos should stay.

Here is a programmable modded controller which appears to be allowed by XB1 considering one member from 343i promoted it in a tweet.