H2A cutscenes better then H5?

Am i the only one thinking the cutscenes in H2A are alot LOT more realistic and clear and just of a better quality then the ones weve seen so far in Halo 5?
Just wondering if im the only one and if not then does anyone know why there not as good?

The Halo 5 cutscenes are in-engine, while the H2A ones were pre-rendered.

That’s because H2A cinematics ate CGI rendered while a lot of the Halo 5 cutscenes are made using in-game assets.

I prefer using the detail from the game itself to make the cutscenes because it keeps the look consistent.

I’ve mentioned it before but my biggest problem with the cutscenes is the awful looking blurring of things in the extreme foreground and background. Aside from that, they’re pretty impressive for in-engine cutscenes.

Let’s just say I’ve seen some early cinematics from the game. I gotta say, no it’s not as crisp looking as H2A, but my God, the detail is amazing.

I prefer the H2A cut scenes versus in game.

Hmmm i was wondering if thats the case… i have to say for an in engine cutscenes they are very impressive but i mean the H2A ones were just… on a whole new level… like nothing compares to what ive seen! and everyone i know have said the same… so why not use the same… use Blur… everyone lossed it when the Cutscene trailer came out for H2A… i mean im not saying H5 ones are bad… far from it… but just dont get why they dont get why they dont use the Blur ones if they are better… and it is a noticeable difference… much much much more crisp… just dont get why they didnt go for them, that would have just been the cherry on the cake for me… not a complaint was just wondering the reason but i have to say they are very impressive if there in game engine!

I prefer in-game. Of course they’re not going to be as good as CGI, but it’s a video game, not a movie. Halo 2 Anniversary was to pay homage to the legacy of Halo 2, so they gave it that treatment. The prologue and epilogue of Halo 4 (and presumably Halo 5, from what I’ve seen, will get something similar) but the cutscenes should use the same in-game assets for continuity.

I also felt, as great as those H2A scenes were, that it kinda pulls you from the game when you’re seeing this hyper-real scene, then tossed into the gameplay which is … well, not. But it’s still awesome.

I’m glad they didn’t go that route with Halo 5.

While H2A cutscenes were gorgeous, Halo 5 cutscenes are in-engine, so that’s where the difference comes in. Obviously H2A looks better though, lets be honest.

The H2A cutscenes were basically a movie created by BLUR studios. I’m sure they cost a small fortune to make.

> 2533274883669557;8:
> I prefer in-game. Of course they’re not going to be as good as CGI, but it’s a video game, not a movie. Halo 2 Anniversary was to pay homage to the legacy of Halo 2, so they gave it that treatment. The prologue and epilogue of Halo 4 (and presumably Halo 5, from what I’ve seen) will get something similar) but the cutscenes should use the same in-game assets for continuity.
>
> I also felt, as great as those H2A scenes were, that it kinda pulls you from the game when you’re seeing this hyper-real scene, then tossed into the gameplay which is … well, not. But it’s still awesome.
>
> I’m glad they didn’t go that route with Halo 5.

I can see that… i really can… and when you put it like that i think about it and yeah you are right… it does take a bit away from the game i think… but then again… i think the graphics on H5 are gorgeous… where H2A obviously for what they did… it was impressive but they were never going to be on the level of H5… so maybe it wouldnt take as much away? im not sure… so i can see it both ways tbh…

H2A Cut scenes were definitely way better, but I agree that cut scenes running on the engine itself keeps the look consistent. It’s just a big throw off when games have amazing cut scenes that make the game itself look crappy in comparison.

Kind of off topic but IDK if my eyes/brain will ever get used to 60FPS. Especially in cutscenes, it looks so weird. like i’m watching a behind the scenes documentary of what i’m supposed to be watching.

Blur did H2A and I heard they’re doing HW2, so I wonder why 343 didn’t approach them again.