H2:A Unable to Spawn in

Ever since the recent update within MCC… H2:A has been introduced to an rather annoying bug that makes it an gamble weather you can play or not.
essentially, the match starts, timer counts down but… it gets stuck at ‘respawning in 0’ nothing happens, camera stays the same, and you’re unable to play… HOWEVER to the other players you have spawned in just idling, i think. i’d assume so given the post game stats inform me that i died… yet on my end i was never able to play. the camera that’s viewing the map doesn’t help either, it shows objectives, grenades, weapons, explosions… but not an player in site
I have been able to play H2A before, and whenever the bug doesn’t happen… just everytime the match starts it’s an gamble weather i can or can’t play.
Hopefully this issue gets addressed

6 Likes

Getting the same issues here. Thought it was connectivity issues on my end but nothing I did with network settings or router would change anything. It’s also booting me from custom games before I can connect. I’m in what feels like my 4th matchmaking ban today because of server issues.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue though it happened once before the update back when mcc still had seasons going. I would be going through the match just fine, but in the middle of it people seem to stop respawning, grenades exploding thrown by seemingly no one, and when I’m killed by seemingly nothing I’m stuck at the respawn screen, and after a while it changes to the initial match start screen until the match ends. It happened last year once during btb, but now after this update it seems to be a recurring thing. I will either not spawn at all or not see anyone respawn then die and being unable to respawn.

2 Likes

bro i literally thought i was the only one they need to fix this asap

2 Likes

having the same issue, when I leave I get of course temporarily banned, 343 at its finnest…

3 Likes

Had it happen once after update, disabled the new skins for Halo 2 in game play tab of settings menu, & it hasn’t happened again.

yeah its happenening to me tooo.

Had this twice yesterday.
Ironically I was the second highest score in one game of king of the hill.
I must be demon tier to play so well without spawning
10/10
Will play again.

Had this happen to me too but the team won the game, and I somehow had a few kills…

This just happened to me twice while playing halo 2 anniversary version of the game, and of the other halos seem fine on the mcc i think the latest update has messed with something.

1 Like

exactly! be it customs or matchmaking… H2:A is just borked. thankfully there’s other halo games to enjoy but… jeeze, dunno how this got past testing giving how common of an issue it is, given all that was added to H2:A.
though it’s good to know that i ain’t the only one having this issue

1 Like

I haven’t experienced this yet, and I have been playing a lot of H2A swat. Are you on PC or Xbox?

im on pc
It was a rare bug before this update. now its pretty common

@Shaheer_9996998
Its happening on xbox as well.

1 Like

i’m currently experiencing it on PC. dunno about xbox… but it’s certainly an issue on pc ever since the recent update, at least for me

Just encountered the same problem on the Xbox. Very frustrating. One odd detail is that when I look at the scoreboard, it reports all the other players are waiting to spawn in too, even though they’re clearly in play.

2 Likes

Getting this issue today on PC MCC. Frustrating!!

1 Like

Quick update on my situation… tried that. didn’t work.
though after some more ‘testing’… it seems to be an desync issue. see, whenever i get a game where i can play… there is still an high chance that the bug just starts happening. and usually just before it does, players start HEAVILY desyncing…
which is odd given that neither my wifi is being bad, nor does this happen in any of the other halo games. just h2:A. meaning it’s just server side… because of course it is

1 Like

Oddly enough I still haven’t experienced it myself after a few dozen more matches of H2A SWAT, but I have noticed other players affected by this bug. In one match the entire team except for 1 player did not spawn in despite showing a team of 4 on the scoreboard.

1 Like

I’m on Xbox, have skins toggled off for every game & rarely get disconnected now. It must only affect PC players?