[H]alo [A]chievement [L]overs [O]rganisation

Hey fellow Halo fans!

This is a thread, that I wanted to open for quite a time, and i think now is the time.

So what is the “<mark>alo [A]chievement [L]overs [O]rganisation” Thread all about?</mark>
<mark> </mark>
<mark>Well, its quite obvious: This thread is dedicated to all people, who find joy in collecting the achievements of the Halo games and/or improvoing their carrier on Halo Waypoint.</mark>
<mark> </mark>
<mark>So in this thread, you can discuss all matters related to the Waypoint Carrer Mode, including suggestions how to improve it, you can complain about problems or flaws in the system or just exchange strategies for getting achievements that you still try to get.</mark>
<mark>Also this is the thread where people who have problems getting an certain achievment should be able to get help by more expierenced “achievment lovers”.</mark>
<mark> </mark>
<mark>I just start the discussion with a suggestion:</mark>
<mark>I really think, that people who have all the halo achievments, should get some kind of “special sign” or “emblem” in the Waypoint Career Mode. You see, i totally understand, why the highest possible rank can be reached with less than maximum Gamerscore.</mark>
<mark>I really see the point in letting get people the highest rank, who for example just do not want to take the effort of becoming General in Halo Wars.</mark>
<mark>But is it too much to ask for, if people who have ALL the achievements get at least some “PERFECT” emblem or sign, or anything like that?</mark>
<mark>I mean, if people who have 100 GS less than the maximum deserve the highest rank, don´t the people who have ALL achievements deserve at least a little sign of appreciation for their effort? As i said, i am not asking for anything big, like an ingame armor, not even a special item for the XBOX-Live Avatar. Just some little emblem in Waypoint would be enought for me. :)</mark>

'Nilla,

I love the direction you are taking. I myself am a big Achievement fan, and find it a lot of fun to try and nab all I can, in the Halo games specifically. So far, I simply need one more for the Reach DLC (haven’t gotten much of a chance to play over December, lol), and still am ridiculously far off from that blasted HW General Achievement :-P. Other than that, I’ve got them all, including 1000/1000 in Halo 2v. I’m always up for doing Achievement runs/help as well.

In my opinion, I would simply like to see the Halo Waypoint Career concept fleshed out more in general. I really liked the Waypoint-exclusive armor for Reach, and I was very proud of my EVA Helmet (when there was only a Lvl 50 to get, lol). Here are a few other thoughts…

-Perhaps members here could have their WCL displayed with their username, much like your Gamerscore is displayed on the Xbox Forums.

-I would definitely like more Avatar Awards through Waypoint. RC Seraph, anyone? How about a pet Grunt or baby Gueta?

-Your “Perfect sign” could be the Perfection Medal logo.

-Not Career-specific persay, but it would be fun to have a few minigames available, like the Warthog grenade launch game. Perhaps we could earn Achievements through games like that or Career Progression?

-Silly, but I would LOVE to be able to change the color of my EVA Avatar Helmet, lol. Black, Orange… something. :wink:

Anyway, good ideas, keep up the line of thinking!

Grim

I still need Offensive Driver, You Ate All the Chips, and Cross-Mappin

I need

Two for One

in Halo 3

if anybody wants to do the language search to get those ranked free for all achievements , I am down with it :slight_smile:

I need two for one, killing frenzy, overkill, kiltacular, and save this film for halo 3.
You can’t take a party into lone wolves though, so how would we boost it?

> I need two for one, killing frenzy, overkill, kiltacular, and save this film for halo 3.
> You can’t take a party into lone wolves though, so how would we boost it?

easy
we need about 5 people (i think a lone wolfs game can start at 5 minimum ? )
we need to be about the same TS in Lone Wolfs plus minus 10
then we change the language (not local) on the xbox settings
go in the halo 3 game and choose to search by language (press x in the matchmaking screen there are different preference settings)

this way only people who have their xbox set at a certain language (lets say russian) will be able to play with each other
and since those languages are pretty much empty the system will put us all together
thats why we need like 5 people with similar TS in lone wolfs

I have all [:D]

But I still need to get a killtacular in Halo Reach/

> > I need two for one, killing frenzy, overkill, kiltacular, and save this film for halo 3.
> > You can’t take a party into lone wolves though, so how would we boost it?
>
> easy
> we need about 5 people (i think a lone wolfs game can start at 5 minimum ? )
> we need to be about the same TS in Lone Wolfs plus minus 10
> then we change the language (not local) on the xbox settings
> go in the halo 3 game and choose to search by language (press x in the matchmaking screen there are different preference settings)
>
> this way only people who have their xbox set at a certain language (lets say russian) will be able to play with each other
> and since those languages are pretty much empty the system will put us all together
> thats why we need like 5 people with similar TS in lone wolfs

All right then, do you have another 3 people that would be interested?

I would love to jumo in, but my Halo doesn’t read )=

> > > I need two for one, killing frenzy, overkill, kiltacular, and save this film for halo 3.
> > > You can’t take a party into lone wolves though, so how would we boost it?
> >
> > easy
> > we need about 5 people (i think a lone wolfs game can start at 5 minimum ? )
> > we need to be about the same TS in Lone Wolfs plus minus 10
> > then we change the language (not local) on the xbox settings
> > go in the halo 3 game and choose to search by language (press x in the matchmaking screen there are different preference settings)
> >
> > this way only people who have their xbox set at a certain language (lets say russian) will be able to play with each other
> > and since those languages are pretty much empty the system will put us all together
> > thats why we need like 5 people with similar TS in lone wolfs
>
> All right then, do you have another 3 people that would be interested?

Seeing as how I nearly have all of the Halo cheevos (including 100% on Halo 2), I guess I should send in my application for H.A.L.O. :stuck_out_tongue:

Up until Noble 1 came out, I had all but General on Halo Wars. Since then, I still have a few Noble cheevos left (I haven’t had a lot of time to play Reach unfortunately). :frowning:

I was lucky enough to get my double kill from the grave without even trying in my second ever game on a Noble map–it just sort of happened!

i still think there should be a 63 in waypoint. if there was a general achievement in halo 3 that would be included no doubts… it isnt even that hard to get, and yes i have all.

> > > I need two for one, killing frenzy, overkill, kiltacular, and save this film for halo 3.
> > > You can’t take a party into lone wolves though, so how would we boost it?
> >
> > easy
> > we need about 5 people (i think a lone wolfs game can start at 5 minimum ? )
> > we need to be about the same TS in Lone Wolfs plus minus 10
> > then we change the language (not local) on the xbox settings
> > go in the halo 3 game and choose to search by language (press x in the matchmaking screen there are different preference settings)
> >
> > this way only people who have their xbox set at a certain language (lets say russian) will be able to play with each other
> > and since those languages are pretty much empty the system will put us all together
> > thats why we need like 5 people with similar TS in lone wolfs
>
> All right then, do you have another 3 people that would be interested?

unfortunately not
but maybe we find 3 more here on waypoint who want to join on a ranked achievement hunt ?

I need two achievements in Reach (Totally Worth It, Who Ate All The Chips). Totally Worth It could be easily boosted in Rumble Pit with just two other people. If you wanna help, send my XBL a message or reply here.

I also need Endure for ODST. Then I have all Halo achievements :smiley:

If you have these but need other achievements, we can always help each other.

> Seeing as how I nearly have all of the Halo cheevos (including 100% on Halo 2), I guess I should send in my application for H.A.L.O. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Up until Noble 1 came out, I had all but General on Halo Wars. Since then, I still have a few Noble cheevos left (I haven’t had a lot of time to play Reach unfortunately). :frowning:
>
> I was lucky enough to get my double kill from the grave without even trying in my second ever game on a Noble map–it just sort of happened!

I got the double kill from the grave on arena swordbase slayer. I went up the yellow lift and died but not before throwing atleast one grenade. I got the armour lock one after armour locking and rejectin a rocket that if I’m right, killed the guy who shot at me.

> I got the armour lock one after armour locking and rejectin a rocket that if I’m right, killed the guy who shot at me.

That’s awesome! I need to play more Reach…if only life would get less busy now…