GUYS! I just found the secret to SAVING HALO

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Remake Halo 2, multiplayer and campaign EXACTLY AS WE REMEMBERED IT IN 2004 and add in the thousands and thousands of concepts and ideas that were scrapped from H2 initially as extra levels after the Great Journey and add Reach style forge and H3 theatre as well as FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE (NO NOT H4 CUSTOMIZABLE) CUSTOM GAMES

BOOM HALO IS SAVED IM A BLOODY GENIUS!

-Yoink- your H5/6 project and get cracking on H2, because the entire community over a decade will come flocking back by the MILLIONS

H2A has to be done, but sorry, I do not want to get BXR’ed.

Easier said then done, but I am liking the positivity!

> H2A has to be done, but sorry, I do not want to get BXR’ed.

that defeats the concept of a perfect remake. Besides buttom combos were another whole layer of skill and took timing, precison and coordination to use.

H2 FULL REMAKE FTW

>

I dont think exploits take skill… -_-

Its like climbing up the rocks in Complex during a Flood match.

> >
>
> I dont think exploits take skill… -_-
>
> Its like climbing up the rocks in Complex during a Flood match.

Which is why all the pros like Walshy, T2, Ogre twins and StrongSide can do it and noobs cant right?

The thing is anyone can climb up those rocks in flood. But it takes a learning curve and practice to master a button combo.
I’ve been playing Halo 2 for more than 7 years and I STILL haven’t mastered the double shot!

People must understand that the glitches was what made Halo 2 such an amazing game!

Yeah, cheating is such a sporting thing to do…

EDIT:
Perfect remake? Let’s bring back the stand-by types too. That also took a new layer of skill, right?

> Yeah, cheating is such a sporting thing to do…

I use a physics glitch to spring jump myself from bottom mid to top mid on Simplex in Halo 4. Am I a cheater? No. I just practiced how to spring jump (A button combo to gain extra height in jumps) to gain a tactical advantage to gain map control. I can spring jump better than others because I can time it perfectly and that is a skill.

Standbying wasn’t part of the game. That was outside influences by losers on their computers.
Stop being negative, this idea will literally save Halo.
There will always be cheaters but 343 can ban them easily. Network maniplation was punished in H3 and it can be punished in later titles.

Or actually take the time to broaden the Solo Campaign experience in Halo 5 cuz right now it’s at it’s weakest (compared to Co-op, which is insanely awesome).

Lack of scoring, theater, scale, enemy variety, vehicle variety makes me a sad player.

> Or actually take the time to broaden the Solo Campaign experience in Halo 5 cuz right now it’s at it’s weakest (compared to Co-op, which is insanely awesome).
>
> Lack of scoring, theater, scale, enemy variety, vehicle variety makes me a sad player.

Halo 2’s campaign as godly. Add an H3 theatre with scoring on it and you have yourself literally days of fun. Not to mention the rebirth of machinima

> Yeah, cheating is such a sporting thing to do…

It’s not cheating, it’s a glitch that is available to everyone. Other devs would have kept things like that, backpack reloading, and BLB in. Rocket Jumping was a glitch originally, now it is an actual feature of Quake. Combos in Street Fighter weren’t even intentional.

Yes, 343i should definitely remake H2 so the forums explode with posts about superbouncing, ghosting, modding, and button glitches.

However, I would really love a Halo 2: Anniversary like HCEA. The same campaign with improved visuals and audio, online co-op, some little gimmicks and bonuses like terminals and skulls (that you can turn on/off once found) and a few H2-based MP maps for the then current Halo game.

The Halo 2 remake idea sure has become popular lately… I wonder… will 343i actually do it?

This is beyond ignorant along with the guy that said a Halo 2 remake would bring back standbying. They took more skill than any game you’ve ever put into your xbox kid. Standbying is also still here, you just don’t notice because well let’s be honest, nobody plays this game. You can standby in every game, along with host boot, It has nothing to do with the game besides the og Xbox was piss easy to stand by with not just Halo 2. People like you have killed this game with your ignorance.

We don’t need it in my option.

> We don’t need it in my option.

it’s in my opinion LOL

Only if they finish the spectator mode code that was in the original Halo 2. Then H2 gets picked up by MLG (At least if the game is left the same, besides fixing the netcode to take care of some of the actual network cheating). Halo 2 was THE pinnacle of Competitive gaming and MLG, and I have no doubts that it would be picked up again, and would likely bring back old pros like Ogre 1 & 2, Roy, Lunchbox, and many more.

> Only if they finish the spectator mode code that was in the original Halo 2. Then H2 gets picked up by MLG (At least if the game is left the same, besides fixing the netcode to take care of some of the actual network cheating). Halo 2 was THE pinnacle of Competitive gaming and MLG, and I have no doubts that it would be picked up again, and would likely bring back old pros like Ogre 1 & 2, Roy, Lunchbox, and many more.

Spectator mode?

Your mouth to 343’s ears. I love the maps from Halo 2, along with a great Sidewinder/Avalanche remake (gosh I loved me some Avalanche)…

Microsoft, 343.

Do you UNDERSTAND how much even thinking we will get something like this makes my money finger itch to get my hands on it? Do you want hordes, nay millions of people demanding that you TAKE THEIR MONEY and then STICK AROUND and sing your praises to your face?

PS: All you have to do is be true to Halo, and include the “Fishstick” controller setting for the COD fans. THAT’S all they need to get comfortable with the game, not a poor substitute for what they already have on the COD game scene.

With Love,
Your Mom,
~AnonomissX~

Just give me a game where I can punish the enemy for even the small mistakes. No one should be able to just “run” to solve all their problems. You should be forced to suffer or try to go clutch in the situation you put yourself in. That’s what Halo was. Now it’s sprint city.

> Just give me a game where I can punish the enemy for even the small mistakes. No one should be able to just “run” to solve all their problems. You should be forced to suffer or try to go clutch in the situation you put yourself in. That’s what Halo was. Now it’s sprint city.

There is too much wrong with Halo 4, no matter how much 343 fix, no matter how much jewlery they put on that dog turd of a halo game it is still going to be dog turd.

Literally the ONLY VIABLE option left for 343 and fans is that of an EXACT H2 remake with a modern day netcode with full protection against standbyers with active 343 banhammers.

and the amazing thing is. It’s right up Microsoft’s alley. The idea is seriously popular and even if they do -Yoink- up the idea of a perfect H2 remake they’ll still get a crapton of $ from hopefull eager waiting old school halo fans. It is LITERALLY a win win situation for 343/-Yoink!- if they do this.