Guys I got some questions about the Covenant

Ok so I’m running through CE campaign and i was wondering something.

The humans get to the weapons cache on 343 guilty spark right and they find the flood. But not before the covenant find out before them. And the hard way.

BUT I read somewhere before Halo CE the covies had "rudimentary " knowledge about the flood. So this leads to me to 2 conclusions. Some type of forunner artifact or something they found led them to acquire knowledge about the flood. Or they had encountered the flood before. In that case how the he’ll could they have held their covenant together this long? How did they fight the flood so effectively?

Help, answers, please anyone.

> 2533274813071248;1:
> Ok so I’m running through CE campaign and i was wondering something.
>
> The humans get to the weapons cache on 343 guilty spark right and they find the flood. But not before the covenant find out before them. And the hard way.
>
> BUT I read somewhere before Halo CE the covies had "rudimentary " knowledge about the flood. So this leads to me to 2 conclusions. Some type of forunner artifact or something they found led them to acquire knowledge about the flood. Or they had encountered the flood before. In that case how the he’ll could they have held their covenant together this long? How did they fight the flood so effectively?
>
> Help, answers, please anyone.

The only example I can think of is from Halo Wars. Maybe the Covenant forces in that game that encounter the Flood get some basic information back to the rest of the Covenant. We know how that ends up getting contained. That, or maybe a Forerunner terminal told them about it, but of course being religious, they often misinterpret the actual information.

Anyway, we know that the Covenant don’t actually have a weapon’s cache there(in the novelization of Halo CE, an Elite lies about it to draw them into a trap), so the Covenant must have stumbled upon the Flood by mistake - the monitor in Halo: CE talks about how the Covenant are very adamantly trying to force their way into restricted areas on the ring. Probably for religious/exploratory reasons.

> 2533274974033696;2:
> > 2533274813071248;1:
> > Ok so I’m running through CE campaign and i was wondering something.
> >
> > The humans get to the weapons cache on 343 guilty spark right and they find the flood. But not before the covenant find out before them. And the hard way.
> >
> > BUT I read somewhere before Halo CE the covies had "rudimentary " knowledge about the flood. So this leads to me to 2 conclusions. Some type of forunner artifact or something they found led them to acquire knowledge about the flood. Or they had encountered the flood before. In that case how the he’ll could they have held their covenant together this long? How did they fight the flood so effectively?
> >
> > Help, answers, please anyone.
>
> The only example I can think of is from Halo Wars. Maybe the Covenant forces in that game that encounter the Flood get some basic information back to the rest of the Covenant. We know how that ends up getting contained. That, or maybe a Forerunner terminal told them about it, but of course being religious, they often misinterpret the actual information.
>
> Anyway, we know that the Covenant don’t actually have a weapon’s cache there(in the novelization of Halo CE, an Elite lies about it to draw them into a trap), so the Covenant must have stumbled upon the Flood by mistake - the monitor in Halo: CE talks about how the Covenant are very adamantly trying to force their way into restricted areas on the ring. Probably for religious/exploratory reasons.

Ah ok so they were probably just as I’ll prepared as the UNSC was?

> 2533274813071248;3:
> > 2533274974033696;2:
> >
>
> Ah ok so they were probably just as I’ll prepared as the UNSC was?

Probably. If anyone DID know, they didn’t tell the lower-ranked units, which would explain why they’re shown to be heavily fearful of the Flood.