Guys, give up. They won.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

I agree. If they have a patch for in game skill ranking and better balance the weapons which this one they are working on, then I’ll play as much as I did in Bungies games.

Maybe have less chaotic map layouts too.

Halo 3 successful?

I consider Halo 3 the start of the downfall of Halo.

Halo 2 is a truly successful Halo game.

> Halo 3 successful?
>
> I consider Halo 3 the start of the downfall of Halo.
>
> Halo 2 is a truly successful Halo game.

H2 was awesome, but H3 put Halo on a different level. Popularity and the competitive side.

> Halo 3 successful?
>
>

A game that had 800K+ unique players on daily for days on end is absolutely successful in my book.

Halo 3 was easily the best 360 game of all time. It had nearly a million players on at times and the community on the forums was BOOMING. I remember posting a thread on Bungie.net back in the Halo 3 days and it would be bumped to the second or third page before I even got back to the topic listings!

I miss those days :frowning:

From what I’ve seen Microsoft is in deep -Yoink-. So many people for various valid reasons are done supporting them.

Always online, not nearly as many exclusives, paying for online, horrible support, etc.

I’m beginning to agree.

> From what I’ve seen Microsoft is in deep Yoink!. So many people for various valid reasons are done supporting them.
>
> Always online, not nearly as many exclusives, paying for online, horrible support, etc.
>
> I’m beginning to agree.

Have you been under rock? Always online was fake. It was revealed that Microsoft never planned such feature from the start.
Oh and Adam Worth is -Yoink-, never represented Microsoft.

> Halo 3 successful?
>
>

you must have meant to say Reach.

Halo 3 was amazing and is still very much classic halo.

For a Team created by Microsoft to continue their most popular franchise, they just tarnished it.

Maybe MS is struggling when it comes to their IP’s profit, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they told the devs that they’re planning a yearly release at the cost of quality.

> > Halo 3 successful?
> >
> > I consider Halo 3 the start of the downfall of Halo.
> >
> > Halo 2 is a truly successful Halo game.
>
> you must have meant to say Reach.
>
> Halo 3 was amazing and is still very much classic halo.

Classic Halo. Not good Halo.

> > > Halo 3 successful?
> > >
> > > I consider Halo 3 the start of the downfall of Halo.
> > >
> > > Halo 2 is a truly successful Halo game.
> >
> > you must have meant to say Reach.
> >
> > Halo 3 was amazing and is still very much classic halo.
>
> Classic Halo. Not good Halo.

Halo 3 is great Halo. Reach and Halo 4 are the definition of not good Halo.

> > Halo 3 successful?
> >
> > I consider Halo 3 the start of the downfall of Halo.
> >
> > Halo 2 is a truly successful Halo game.
>
> A game that had 800K+ unique players on daily for days on end is absolutely successful in my book.

I don’t consider population numbers as to what is successful, unless you are telling me Cod is the best thing to ever happen to video games.

> > > Halo 3 successful?
> > >
> > > I consider Halo 3 the start of the downfall of Halo.
> > >
> > > Halo 2 is a truly successful Halo game.
> >
> > A game that had 800K+ unique players on daily for days on end is absolutely successful in my book.
>
> I don’t consider population numbers as to what is successful, unless you are telling me Cod is the best thing to ever happen to video games.

Best thing ever and successful are completely different things.

I agree with MasterKiller, Halo 2 was the pinnacle of Halo. Halo 3 was good but horrifically overrated. He makes a good point with his population argument

Keep in mind that most of this is OPINIONS people

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

I am back to playing Halo 3

-Move along-

@OP

I would not say that MS/343i won, because they were always in the drivers’ seat and there was never any competition to begin with.

I don’t understand why you feel you ever had to defend the XBOX, Halo, or any other product. Products defend themselves by the quality of their offerings.

As for the point of which next gen console to buy, you do raise a very interesting point. If Halo 5 is made for the next gen XBOX, I may not buy either.

For me to fork out money for both the next gen XBOX and Halo 5, I have to see solid evidence in the form of customer feedback (uh, that would be all of you guys) raving about Halo returning to its roots.

BTW, I don’t see Halo ever returning to its roots. Josh @ GDC13 stated that they (the 343i staff) believe they know what is best for a winning strategy. That was the final straw that convinced me that they just don’t get it and never will.