Gunfighter Magnum Smart-Link

When the G.M. first came out, the smart-link function was removed, and the pistol could only be aimed with the sights. After the weapon tuning, this was changed so that the G.M. would have similar projection scope-in as the standard magnum. A small detail, but has anyone else noticed this, and has anyone else been a little disappointed this is gone? I felt that the G.M. felt really unique since it was the first version of the magnum where the all the attachments were removed, allowing you to use the pistol’s steel sights.

I think that might’ve been a bug, but it happened so long ago that I don’t really remember.

It wasn’t too significant for me.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> I think that might’ve been a bug, but it happened so long ago that I don’t really remember.

Weapon description says something along the lines of “Iron sights only, no Smart-Link module is attached”. Probably wasn’t a bug.

I did a little searching because I do remember the gunfighter magnum being talked about and it was a bug from the Overtime update that was never fixed. Below is a thread which lists all the minor bugs that happened and it’s included. We have to assume it’s a bug considering 343 never mentioned they changed it in any kind of update as far as I know and it just magically changed after the Overtime one.

Link.

> 2727626560040591;5:
> I did a little searching because I do remember the gunfighter magnum being talked about and it was a bug from the Overtime update that was never fixed. Below is a thread which lists all the minor bugs that happened and it’s included. We have to assume it’s a bug considering 343 never mentioned they changed it in any kind of update as far as I know and it just magically changed after the Overtime one.
>
> Link.

From what I remember the smart link update was part of the GM’s nerfs and buffs.

Yeah the smart link was a ‘buff’ for the gunfighter magnum in the weapon tuning update. Along they put extended magazine (which is nice) but also reduced the range and I believe they did something to the damage, dont exactly remember what. At least they made it so that 3 shots + melee is a kill.

The scope is a complete waste of time these days in the gunfighter. I almost never use the smart link, in contrast with the old gunfighter I did use the iron sights a lot.

I also don’t get why the hell a super soldier 500+ years into the future would have to compensate for ludicrous amounts of recoil. This plagues the Gunfighter and the stupid H5BR.

> 2727626560040591;5:
> I did a little searching because I do remember the gunfighter magnum being talked about and it was a bug from the Overtime update that was never fixed. Below is a thread which lists all the minor bugs that happened and it’s included. We have to assume it’s a bug considering 343 never mentioned they changed it in any kind of update as far as I know and it just magically changed after the Overtime one.
>
> Link.

Oh, you mean the change from Iron Sight to Smart-Link was a bug. I misunderstood. Yes, then that’s probably the case.

> 2535428854412134;6:
> From what I remember the smart link update was part of the GM’s nerfs and buffs.

> 2533274874385787;7:
> Yeah the smart link was a ‘buff’ for the gunfighter magnum in the weapon tuning update.

Do you know where it was mentioned that it was a buff? I looked in all the weapon tuning threads and the holographic scope being added wasn’t mentioned anywhere from what I read.

> 2727626560040591;10:
> > 2535428854412134;6:
> > From what I remember the smart link update was part of the GM’s nerfs and buffs.
>
>
>
> > 2533274874385787;7:
> > Yeah the smart link was a ‘buff’ for the gunfighter magnum in the weapon tuning update.
>
> Do you know where it was mentioned that it was a buff? I looked in all the weapon tuning threads and the holographic scope being added wasn’t mentioned anywhere from what I read.

I think it was never really explicitly mentioned anywhere. But what they did mention was the range nerf on the gunfigther. The smart link addition was kind of a counter balance for the range nerf so it would be possible to use it for a little bit longer distances than with only hipfire. I think the ranges of the weapons are modern hip < modern smart link < old hip < old iron sight. That’s why I called it a ‘buff’.

> 2533274874385787;11:
> > 2727626560040591;10:
> > > 2535428854412134;6:
> > > From what I remember the smart link update was part of the GM’s nerfs and buffs.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274874385787;7:
> > > Yeah the smart link was a ‘buff’ for the gunfighter magnum in the weapon tuning update.
> >
> > Do you know where it was mentioned that it was a buff? I looked in all the weapon tuning threads and the holographic scope being added wasn’t mentioned anywhere from what I read.
>
> I think it was never really explicitly mentioned anywhere. But what they did mention was the range nerf on the gunfigther. The smart link addition was kind of a counter balance for the range nerf so it would be possible to use it for a little bit longer distances than with only hipfire. I think the ranges of the weapons are modern hip < modern smart link < old hip < old iron sight. That’s why I called it a ‘buff’.

I don’t think the switch from iron sight to projection sight makes much of a difference in the weapon’s strength. Best argument I could see would be that the Iron Sights bring the weapon too close to the screen and is a little obstructive. I think the iron sights would behave just as similarly to the projection sight we have now with the recoil and range nerfs. From what I remember, scoping in with iron sights gave you as much zoom as the current smart-link.

I honestly think that it should be like the Halo 2/3 magnums in terms of zoom function. Its current zoom feels way too much like the original, just quicker to fire.

On a semi-related note, hence the spoiler, Halo 2/3 map remakes should contain Projection SMGs and Gunfighter Magnums for a more authentic feel.