Gunfighter Magnum (and REQs in general)

The Gunfighter Magnum was recently changed to a 6-shot-kill weapon in the Overtime update. This makes it the only precision weapon to have a 6-shot kill in the Halo 5 sandbox. Despite this, there is no medal for a 6-shot Gunfighter Magnum Perfect Kill. There is only the 5-shot Magnum Perfect Kill, which the Gunfighter cannot accomplish. This has bugged me since the update has released, as it is now impossible to earn a Perfect Kill with the Gunfighter Magnum.

On the topic of Magnums in general, every Magnum besides the basic weapon is an Ultra Rare or Legendary card. As Halo 5 already is very unwilling to award Ultra Rare or Legendary perma-REQs outside of the Greatest Hits pack, this means that most players will need to max out Silver Packs before even having a chance to get a different Magnum besides the base. Is it really worth it for a Magnum? I think that ll of them should be obtainable through Silver Packs, since the silenced and extra-ammo variants of every single other Loadout weapon are the same rarity as the base weapon.

I also think that it would make sense to have the base Loadout weapon in every class (AR, BR, SMG, and DMR) be common. The ones with special attachments can be higher rarities, but it simply takes forever to even get a basic DMR. Obviously, the H2BR is far more powerful and makes sense as a Mythic REQ.

In the realm of single-use REQs, several Rare REQs added in the more recent updates are ridiculously hard to get. The Anti-Air Wraith, Wasp, Sword Needler Warthog, and Wicked Grasp are well-nigh impossible to get without a certification, and are usually some of the very last Silver Pack-tier certifications awarded. Also, two of my friends have almost completed the Silver Pack grind (7 or less certifications to go), but are both missing the certifications for the Tundra, Urban, and Woodland Mongooses (Mongeese?). Is this common, or why are these 3 particular Mongoose variants so hard to get certifications for?

And as a last couple of things, the Anti-Air Wraith is listed as Rare but sells as an Ultra Rare, and the Sword Needler Warthog sells as an Uncommon, but is also listed as a Rare.

Gunfighter Magnum has always been a 6 shot kill. And Mongoose certifications can only be obtained in Bronze packs.

Part of me believes the Gunfighter Magnum has always been a 6-shot kill. I could be wrong though. In any case, you can still get a Perfect Kill with it. You just gotta land all 6 shots.

Yes, mongoose certifications can only be found in the bronze packs. I guess u could get lucky and get them via daily bonuses but I can’t remember if I got any that way. I would also recommend finishing the silver pack grind, then do bronze packs for the 2 mongooses. Then move onto the gold.

I got a few perfect gunfighter mag kills in the HCS playlist after the update, I get really REALLY happy when I do it, I think I only nailed it 3 or 4 times in total.

ya mongoose certs are only available in bronze packs and can be slightly annoying because of the rng of perms in bronze packs. ended up getting em in about 25-30 packs after i finished silver and realized i didnt have any of the certs.

> 2535457771652070;1:
> On the topic of Magnums in general, every Magnum besides the basic weapon is an Ultra Rare or Legendary card. As Halo 5 already is very unwilling to award Ultra Rare or Legendary perma-REQs outside of the Greatest Hits pack, this means that most players will need to max out Silver Packs before even having a chance to get a different Magnum besides the base. Is it really worth it for a Magnum? I think that ll of them should be obtainable through Silver Packs, since the silenced and extra-ammo variants of every single other Loadout weapon are the same rarity as the base weapon.
>
> I also think that it would make sense to have the base Loadout weapon in every class (AR, BR, SMG, and DMR) be common. The ones with special attachments can be higher rarities, but it simply takes forever to even get a basic DMR. Obviously, the H2BR is far more powerful and makes sense as a Mythic REQ.

Loadouts shouldn’t ever be unlockable, to begin with.

> 2535457771652070;1:
> In the realm of single-use REQs, several Rare REQs added in the more recent updates are ridiculously hard to get. The Anti-Air Wraith, Wasp, Sword Needler Warthog, and Wicked Grasp are well-nigh impossible to get without a certification, and are usually some of the very last Silver Pack-tier certifications awarded.

I agree. Also Phaetons are nigh-impossible to get even with a certification.

> 2535443291173526;4:
> Yes, mongoose certifications can only be found in the bronze packs. I guess u could get lucky and get them via daily bonuses but I can’t remember if I got any that way. I would also recommend finishing the silver pack grind, then do bronze packs for the 2 mongooses. Then move onto the gold.

I’ve never understood this advice. Why does anyone want mongoose certifications? If I could delete mine I would in a heartbeat. They’re just trash vehicles that seem to never get used. That’s why I frequently hear people praising Castle Wars for allowing them to finish their mongoose destroyer commendation.

The better advice, in my opinion, is to avoid bronze packs like the plague. If one only opens silvers, they’ll have a better pool of certifications to get weapons and vehicles from.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2535443291173526;4:
> > Yes, mongoose certifications can only be found in the bronze packs. I guess u could get lucky and get them via daily bonuses but I can’t remember if I got any that way. I would also recommend finishing the silver pack grind, then do bronze packs for the 2 mongooses. Then move onto the gold.
>
> I’ve never understood this advice. Why does anyone want mongoose certifications? If I could delete mine I would in a heartbeat. They’re just trash vehicles that seem to never get used. That’s why I frequently hear people praising Castle Wars for allowing them to finish their mongoose destroyer commendation.
>
> The better advice, in my opinion, is to avoid bronze packs like the plague. If one only opens silvers, they’ll have a better pool of certifications to get weapons and vehicles from.

Alot of people are completionists. They like things to be filled out 100%.

> 2533274817408735;9:
> > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > 2535443291173526;4:
> > > Yes, mongoose certifications can only be found in the bronze packs. I guess u could get lucky and get them via daily bonuses but I can’t remember if I got any that way. I would also recommend finishing the silver pack grind, then do bronze packs for the 2 mongooses. Then move onto the gold.
> >
> > I’ve never understood this advice. Why does anyone want mongoose certifications? If I could delete mine I would in a heartbeat. They’re just trash vehicles that seem to never get used. That’s why I frequently hear people praising Castle Wars for allowing them to finish their mongoose destroyer commendation.
> >
> > The better advice, in my opinion, is to avoid bronze packs like the plague. If one only opens silvers, they’ll have a better pool of certifications to get weapons and vehicles from.
>
> Alot of people are completionists. They like things to be filled out 100%.

I understand that mentality in a game with unlockable and earnable items. I don’t understand it in a game whose unlock system is based on gambling, luck, and grinding lol.

I don’t see how owning all the mongoose certs could give a sense of pride or accomplishment, but I suppose that’s the beauty of unique people. Everyone’s different.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> I’ve never understood this advice. Why does anyone want mongoose certifications? If I could delete mine I would in a heartbeat. They’re just trash vehicles that seem to never get used. That’s why I frequently hear people praising Castle Wars for allowing them to finish their mongoose destroyer commendation.
>
> The better advice, in my opinion, is to avoid bronze packs like the plague. If one only opens silvers, they’ll have a better pool of certifications to get weapons and vehicles from.

To be honest, this is exactly what I was thinking. I understand how some people are completionists who like to see 100%, but I don’t get that either, especially considering how it’s practically impossible to see that for weapon skins (Fire/Ice Unicorn, etc.) and armor (Olive helmet, Challenger, etc.) and how Mongoose certifications make you get more Mongeese in req packs…

I’m a completionist in other games (I always 100% Zelda games) but I never cared about completing my commendations or getting to rank 152 in Halo 5, unlike lots of people. I just want to play for the gameplay, I guess :thinking: Anyway, I just wanted to say I feel the same way as you do about this. Usually I tell people to skip bronze packs and start with silvers unless they feel a need to see that 100%

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2535443291173526;4:
> > Yes, mongoose certifications can only be found in the bronze packs. I guess u could get lucky and get them via daily bonuses but I can’t remember if I got any that way. I would also recommend finishing the silver pack grind, then do bronze packs for the 2 mongooses. Then move onto the gold.
>
>

I agree. I never get the bronze packs. Just did for the couple mongoose certs i was missing. And I agree that they are trash. I finished with the silver packs first then bought maybe 5 bronze just to get the few mongoose certs that were left then moved on to gold. If people are like me they want the 100% complete. That’s the only reason I wanted the mongoose certs. But i never uses them in game play. And since i buy gold packs only now, o never get a mongoose except for the daily bonus packs or if a commendation competition pack

Currently SR113 and I’ve not only not gotten the Wasp cert yet, but I haven’t got the chance to use it at all apart from 2 random vehicles. I don’t necessarily blame 343 for this but it still really annoys me, especially when my teammates in WZFF whip them out every round.

Can anyone direct me towards some type of guide that says which req cards unlock with what type of packs? I am just getting back into the game and wouldn’t mind working towards completion.

I used to think it was best to just redeem for gold packs with the RP.

> 2766496913967593;14:
> Can anyone direct me towards some type of guide that says which req cards unlock with what type of packs? I am just getting back into the game and wouldn’t mind working towards completion.
>
> I used to think it was best to just redeem for gold packs with the RP.

Bronze REQ Packs have a chance at a permanent unlock of Common quality
Silver REQ Packs have two permanent unlocks of Common, Uncommon, and/or Rare quality
Gold REQ Packs have two permanent unlocks of all qualities
Platinum REQ Packs have three permanent unlocks of all qualities

Here’s a spreadsheet that does a pretty good job of showing everything:

> 2533274863760549;15:
> > 2766496913967593;14:
> > Can anyone direct me towards some type of guide that says which req cards unlock with what type of packs? I am just getting back into the game and wouldn’t mind working towards completion.
> >
> > I used to think it was best to just redeem for gold packs with the RP.
>
> Bronze REQ Packs have a chance at a permanent unlock of Common quality
> Silver REQ Packs have two permanent unlocks of Common, Uncommon, and/or Rare quality
> Gold REQ Packs have two permanent unlocks of all qualities
> Platinum REQ Packs have three permanent unlocks of all qualities
>
> Here’s a spreadsheet that does a pretty good job of showing everything:
> Halo 5 REQs by Waypoint - Google Sheets

Thank you!

It looks like the last update to it was in 2016 - do you know if there has been more added since then?

> 2766496913967593;16:
> > 2533274863760549;15:
> > > 2766496913967593;14:
> > >
>
> Thank you!
>
> It looks like the last update to it was in 2016 - do you know if there has been more added since then?

There have been, such as the Halo: Reach helmets. Still, one of the most accurate listings of REQs you can find. An alternative would be this Google Chrome extension which connects to your Waypoint account andreads what REQs you do and don’t have. There is some inaccuracies with it, where it has some items marked as obtainable even though they’re not, so odds are you need less than it actually says.

I found the best way to most accurately check how many more packs you need is to count them manually.

Is the gunfighter magnum any good? I’ve never had any need to use it , I see a lot of people saying it’s rubbish?

> 2533274863760549;17:
> > 2766496913967593;16:
> > > 2533274863760549;15:
> > > > 2766496913967593;14:
> > > >
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > It looks like the last update to it was in 2016 - do you know if there has been more added since then?
>
> There have been, such as the Halo: Reach helmets. Still, one of the most accurate listings of REQs you can find. An alternative would be this Google Chrome extension which connects to your Waypoint account andreads what REQs you do and don’t have. There is some inaccuracies with it, where it has some items marked as obtainable even though they’re not, so odds are you need less than it actually says.
>
> I found the best way to most accurately check how many more packs you need is to count them manually.

Cheers, I think i’ll use the original google sheet you linked, and make some adjustments.