Gun Game in Halo 4?

Now before you yell at me saying it isn’t cod or something, just think about it. Halo has some very unique and diverse weapons, and if they do it right, the gun game or maybe a game where everyone switches every 5 minuites would be a realy fun game for halo IMO.

I honestly never saw how its supposed to work in CoD. 75% of the weps are full auto and basically sameish. How about a gametype that gives you a random primary weapon (no power weapons) every kill you get but your ammo doesn’t go back up when the weapon swithches. In order to replenish your ammo you need to either pick up the ammo or get a kill with your secondary.

> I honestly never saw how its supposed to work in CoD. 75% of the weps are full auto and basically sameish. How about a gametype that gives you a random primary weapon (no power weapons) every kill you get but your ammo doesn’t go back up when the weapon swithches. In order to replenish your ammo you need to either pick up the ammo or get a kill with your secondary.

so basically a variation. That would be cool.

I just think that gun game would work better in halo because the guns are so different.

First of all gungame is from CS 1.6 not cod, second of all NO!

actually I take that back, it may have been CS source and later added to 1.6… it also may have came from quake. but definitely not cod

still no… I don’t think shields would allow it to work quite as well

No. Were not COD.

> actually I take that back, it may have been CS source and later added to 1.6… it also may have came from quake. but definitely not cod
>
> still no… I don’t think shields would allow it to work quite as well

what about with lowered shields, and increased speed? and decreased gravity

NO!! GODDAMNIT!!!

Wouldn’t work. In CoD secondaries aren’t really different from primaries, since you still need only a few shots to kill, but in Halo secondaries are much weaker than primaries.

What would the order of weapons be? I went outside for a smoke and thought about this for a minute and have no idea how it would go down… the shields are one issue… but I also don’t really see how it would be setup up weapon wise. What were your thoughts on this OP? What’s the list broken down for me? I’m puzzled… this is an honest question.

> I honestly never saw how its supposed to work in CoD. 75% of the weps are full auto and basically sameish. How about a gametype that gives you a random primary weapon (no power weapons) every kill you get but your ammo doesn’t go back up when the weapon swithches. In order to replenish your ammo you need to either pick up the ammo or get a kill with your secondary.

Bump.

Would probably actually work well. Shields aren’t really that big of an issue when the primary is the only changeing factor.

Pretty much just Fiesta.

I think it could be fun in Halo but I would include power weapons. Actualy I’d include all the weapons.

The madness it would become all due to the fact it is a Halo game being played by the Halo comunity.

> Pretty much just Fiesta.

Faster paced and more variable version of fiesta. I loved fiesta other than the power weapons.

> What would the order of weapons be? I went outside for a smoke and thought about this for a minute and have no idea how it would go down… the shields are one issue… but I also don’t really see how it would be setup up weapon wise. What were your thoughts on this OP? What’s the list broken down for me? I’m puzzled… this is an honest question.

Start out with weapons like BR or DMR where you can get weapons at all rangers, then go to needlers and weapons like that. Then assault rifle type weapons. Sniper type weapons, turret and machine gun weapons, pistols, shotguns, mele weapons, and then finally you can only mele with your gun and do no damage shooting.

I think 343’s already made such a mode. However, to confuse die-hard Halo fans they’ve changed the name to “Game Gun”, so that they give the impression that they’re not copying ideas from the ‘arch-nemesis’.

It would have to be a medium to small sized map… and I see shields as an issue because a lot of the kills would end up being melee kills… it seems in halo most people run at each other until the other person dies. In other gun games a few well placed shots will get the kill (cod, but not cs). There would be no grenades in a gun game either… unless grenades were one of the last weapons like in cs gungame - and even then we have 4 grenade types… do we use them all or how do we choose one? The other problem with shields is that it wouldn’t by a hyper fast deathmatch type game like gungame is…

I just honestly don’t see it working like gungame should. Also… what is the list of weapons and they order they would be in?

And then… do we incorporate melee as the last weapon ‘type’ like knives are in cs?.. or in vice versa (backward gun game) would melee be first?..

too many questions…

> > What would the order of weapons be? I went outside for a smoke and thought about this for a minute and have no idea how it would go down… the shields are one issue… but I also don’t really see how it would be setup up weapon wise. What were your thoughts on this OP? What’s the list broken down for me? I’m puzzled… this is an honest question.
>
> Start out with weapons like BR or DMR where you can get weapons at all rangers, then go to needlers and weapons like that. Then assault rifle type weapons. Sniper type weapons, turret and machine gun weapons, pistols, shotguns, mele weapons, and then finally you can only mele with your gun and do no damage shooting.

Nonono… i want an actual list… not just a general reference. BR and DMR at first?.. Those seem to be mid to high tier weapons… what about the snipers? Surely Snipers would have to come after the BR and DMR… carbine etc.

Does it go up or down from BR or DMR? What I mean by this is does it work its way down to pistols or go up to power weapons…

> Now before you yell at me saying it isn’t cod or something, just think about it. Halo has some very unique and diverse weapons, and if they do it right, the gun game or maybe a game where everyone switches every 5 minuites would be a realy fun game for halo IMO.

> Now before you yell at me saying it isn’t cod or something, just think about it.

> Now before you yell at me saying it isn’t cod

> it isn’t cod

> cod

GUN GAME IS FROM COUNTER STRIKE!

I believe you came here for community opinions and comment (correct me if I’m wrong), and I came here to be critical and ask for clarification. If you can’t really tell me what you want or how it would work in-game or even tell me how it would look on paper then how do you expect it to be implemented into the game? I’m not concerned about variations at this point… I wanna get to the root of how it would work in a classic gun game sense… the foundation of the thing, the meat and potatoes… etc. Bread and butter!!

One flaw with what you said is that you wish to have starting weapons be weapons that I would consider to be in the middle of the weapons sandbox… that’s not how it works. Maybe you are thinking about what I said and coming up with a list; which is cool, but I keep refreshing hoping for clarification. Where you at OP?? lol