Gun Assassinations?

I’m surprised nobody has discussed this yet. Gun assassination’s, it’s as simple as that. Turning someone around, and then shooting them in the head with a shotgun.

It wouldn’t work with every weapon. Just Magnum, Shotgun, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, Railgun, Promethean weapons. And maybe some others, but I’d love to see this in Halo 4.

Magnum Assassination - Sprint up behind enemy player, grab enemy player by shoulder, put an entire mag into the enemy’s helmet. Then pistol whip enemy players helmet.

Shotgun Assassination - Turn around enemy player by pulling back their shoulder, shoot them in the chest disabling their shields and then strike them in the helmet with the butt of the Shotgun.

Light Rifle (Promethean) - Turn enemy player around, make a stabbing motion at the enemy’s stomach, fire Light Rifle(Promethean), then push them away and watch them turn to ash.

Those are just few! What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

Will it take a round?

An assassination should not use up ammo, personally.

A simple but fun to watch one with the AR would be bringing the butt of the gun up and down down onto the back of your opponent’s head with a nice, loud crack sound.

I’d rather just to go stabby rip stab stab on them. If I’m assassinating someone, I want to keep my stealthiness, and going guns blazing on their face would eliminate that for me.

> I’d rather just to go stabby rip stab stab on them. If I’m assassinating someone, I want to keep my stealthiness, and going guns blazing on their face would eliminate that for me.

But you can probably hear when somebody assassinate a player, you could hear it clearly in Reach.

I hope they Plasma Pistol has its own melee animation, not the punch…

Assassinations are glorified melee attacks, they don’t involve shooting at all.

I want to see one where the spartan is pushed to his/her knees, and then shot in the back of the head with a magnum.

Double post.

> I want to see one where the spartan is pushed to his/her knees, and then shot in the back of the head with a magnum.

I’d like to see that in the campaign, and Elite takes a Marine’s Magnum and shoots him in the back of the head.

How about this?

Gravity hammer: Hit the ground below the enemy, causing them to fly in the air, then jump up and smash them down to the ground.

Needler: Take the top of the gun and bash it into the side of the Spartan’s head, then watch all the needles explode.

> How about this?
>
> Gravity hammer: Hit the ground below the enemy, causing them to fly in the air, then jump up and smash them down to the ground.
>
> Needler: Take the top of the gun and bash it into the side of the Spartan’s head, then watch all the needles explode.

Excellent.

I believe Gears of War did something similar.

That doesn’t really make it a bad idea, though. I support this.

> How about this?
>
> Needler: Take the top of the gun and bash it into the side of the Spartan’s head, then watch all the needles explode.

I’ve actually wanted this to happen ever since CE…

OK, here is my idea.

Assassination animation: Player melees other player in the back and holds down melee button witch begins standard assassination. But, during the animation you press the right trigger causing your Spartan to knock the victim to the ground and shoot him in the head with whatever weapon is in your hand to further animate the assassination.

This extended animation would be optional of course, the same way the assassination is optional in Reach. But this prolonged animation, if completed uninterrupted, would result in a bonus medal and yield more points.

> > How about this?
> >
> > Needler: Take the top of the gun and bash it into the side of the Spartan’s head, then watch all the needles explode.
>
> I’ve actually wanted this to happen ever since CE…
>
> OK, here is my idea.
>
> Assassination animation: Player melees other player in the back and holds down melee button witch begins standard assassination. But, during the animation you press the right trigger causing your Spartan to knock the victim to the ground and shoot him in the head with whatever weapon is in your hand to further animate the assassination.
>
> This extended animation would be optional of course, the same way the assassination is optional in Reach. But this prolonged animation, if completed uninterrupted, would result in a bonus medal and yield more points.

That could work with any weapon, even better!

> How about this?
>
> Gravity hammer: Hit the ground below the enemy, causing them to fly in the air, then jump up and smash them down to the ground.
>

These two sound great, but the gravity hammer one is too long. Perhaps the player just shoves the gravity hammer through the enemy or something like that?

> > How about this?
> >
> > Gravity hammer: Hit the ground below the enemy, causing them to fly in the air, then jump up and smash them down to the ground.
> >
> > Needler: Take the top of the gun and bash it into the side of the Spartan’s head, then watch all the needles explode.
>
> These two sound great, but the gravity hammer one is too long. Perhaps the player just shoves the gravity hammer through the enemy or something like that?

It’s about as long as the Reach assassination from the side where the victim slowly turns and you stab him from the front. Except it’s harder to yoink. So I don’t think it’s that bad.

Just as long as it doesn’t create a bloody mess, We don’t need to turn Halo into a Gore-fest like GoW

> I’d rather just to go stabby rip stab stab on them. If I’m assassinating someone, I want to keep my stealthiness, and going guns blazing on their face would eliminate that for me.

Stabby rip stab stab you say?

> > How about this?
> >
> > Gravity hammer: Hit the ground below the enemy, causing them to fly in the air, then jump up and smash them down to the ground.
> >
>
> These two sound great, but the gravity hammer one is too long. Perhaps the player just shoves the gravity hammer through the enemy or something like that?

I’ve always wanted one where you stab (but not actually impale) them in the back of the knee with the hilt/handle so the drop down to their knees and then you spin the hammer in your hands so that the blade on the back of the hammer is facing them and then bring that down into their shoulder (like the brute does in ODST)