Guilty Spark

Any idea where 343 Guilty Spark(Chakas) fits in on Halo 5? I got nothing, last thing we know he highjacked a UNSC Ship

Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.

Frankly I don’t think anyone has any idea. There hasn’t been any new information about him since that short story depicting his escape from UNSC “custody”.

To be honest though I’m not sure if we’ll be seeing him in ‘Halo 5’. There’s already going to be a lot going on with Locke, the Chief being AWOL (and possibly framed as a traitor for currently unknown reasons), and the Arbiter all being involved in the story somehow. Spark is in search of the surviving Forerunners, so while that might come to fruition in the games eventually it seems like a bit much for this upcoming title to fit in. Particularly since no groundwork has been laid for his return in more recent tie-in media.

Pretty sure that guy is dead

> 2533274889350043;2:
> Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.

The funny thing is that I PERSONALLY had an argument with CloneBoyOllie (who made that theory) about certain aspects he overlooked or didn’t consider.

> 2533274882999606;5:
> > 2533274889350043;2:
> > Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.
>
>
> The funny thing is that I PERSONALLY had an argument with CloneBoyOllie (who made that theory) about certain aspects he overlooked or didn’t consider.

It’s a pretty solid theory compared to most others. It has flaws but it’s really good.

> 2533274889350043;6:
> > 2533274882999606;5:
> > > 2533274889350043;2:
> > > Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.
> >
> >
> >
> > The funny thing is that I PERSONALLY had an argument with CloneBoyOllie (who made that theory) about certain aspects he overlooked or didn’t consider.
>
>
> It’s a pretty solid theory compared to most others. It has flaws but it’s really good.

Yeah, because it’s complex, but that’s the point. People are mainly praising the complexity. Hell, half the people who watch Halo Follower videos go there to learn lore that they never knew before. When people who already know a lot of stuff, it’s easy to derail certain things that they say.

> 2533274889350043;2:
> Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.

Why do people still listen to that channel? This is a serious question. I’m not trying to troll, I’m generally curious. He’s been proven and shown to be such a joke, why do people take him seriously at all? I could see if people were new to the scene and hadn’t heard about his ridiculousness, but I’m pretty sure most of Waypoint knows the channel is a joke when it comes to actual news about Halo and yet people still follow (pun not intended) him like he’s their religious icon.

Can’t anyone just stay dead?! You can get much more dead than being splasered, and Guilty Spark still managed to come back?
Now I have even less hope for Halo 5s story. Halo 4 was just complete fan service for all the people who read the books, and they didn’t explain a lot of stuff. I don’t want that biz to go down with Halo 5.

343 making a return would be pretty cool!

> 2533274839151243;8:
> > 2533274889350043;2:
> > Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.
>
>
> Why do people still listen to that channel? This is a serious question. I’m not trying to troll, I’m generally curious. He’s been proven and shown to be such a joke, why do people take him seriously at all? I could see if people were new to the scene and hadn’t heard about his ridiculousness, but I’m pretty sure most of Waypoint knows the channel is a joke when it comes to actual news about Halo and yet people still follow (pun not intended) him like he’s their religious icon.

Usually he’s fastest to news that’s why I watch him. Only reason.

> 2533274889350043;11:
> > 2533274839151243;8:
> > > 2533274889350043;2:
> > > Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.
> >
> >
> >
> > Why do people still listen to that channel? This is a serious question. I’m not trying to troll, I’m generally curious. He’s been proven and shown to be such a joke, why do people take him seriously at all? I could see if people were new to the scene and hadn’t heard about his ridiculousness, but I’m pretty sure most of Waypoint knows the channel is a joke when it comes to actual news about Halo and yet people still follow (pun not intended) him like he’s their religious icon.
>
>
> Usually he’s fastest to news that’s why I watch him. Only reason.

Greenskull and Halo Canon are better IMO

> 2533274882999606;12:
> > 2533274889350043;11:
> > > 2533274839151243;8:
> > > > 2533274889350043;2:
> > > > Nothing as of yet. Halo Follower, hold on don’t bash them, put out a video of a halo 5 theory that someone (they gave credit if I remember correctly) came up with and Guilty Spark/Chakas fits in it. The gravemind also fits in too.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Why do people still listen to that channel? This is a serious question. I’m not trying to troll, I’m generally curious. He’s been proven and shown to be such a joke, why do people take him seriously at all? I could see if people were new to the scene and hadn’t heard about his ridiculousness, but I’m pretty sure most of Waypoint knows the channel is a joke when it comes to actual news about Halo and yet people still follow (pun not intended) him like he’s their religious icon.
> >
> >
> >
> > Usually he’s fastest to news that’s why I watch him. Only reason.
>
>
> Greenskull and Halo Canon are better IMO

Yea Greenskull is better. Halo canon is good because he covers lore that I’m not gonna get.

> 2533274812492056;9:
> Can’t anyone just stay dead?! You can get much more dead than being splasered, and Guilty Spark still managed to come back?
> Now I have even less hope for Halo 5s story. Halo 4 was just complete fan service for all the people who read the books, and they didn’t explain a lot of stuff. I don’t want that biz to go down with Halo 5.

Halo 4 explained exactly as much as it needed too for a new player to follow the story. 343’s personality core survived at the Ark and reconstituted itself so the core personality of Chakas would take over.

343 Guilty Spark is certainly dead, but Chakas has been freed by Spark’s death. It’s kinda like how Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker are considered two different people.

> 2533274889350043;11:
> Usually he’s fastest to news that’s why I watch him. Only reason.

Well, considering most his news comes from waypoint, waypoint should be faster…

> 2533274964189700;15:
> > 2533274889350043;11:
> > Usually he’s fastest to news that’s why I watch him. Only reason.
>
>
> Well, considering most his news comes from waypoint, waypoint should be faster…

I check YT first. If there’s news then I come here to discuss.

I heard my name come up here, I know I’m late to the party but if you need clarification on any aspects of that theory, I will be happy to elaborate. A lot of my points originated from connections I personally made when re-watching the “Origins” stories in Halo: Legends - including the rebirth of Guilty Spark in a physical form, and the location of the Gravemind post-war.

There is also a lot of talk in this thread about HaloFollower being ONE guy. Even if you are only referring to the Youtube channel, there are other HF members that work on the videos. In fact, Chris wasn’t even the one who covered my theory. A lot of the videos that get made there are taken from the articles published on the HaloFollower website, which often gets overlooked by a lot of our audience. If you have any queries with the theory itself, feel free to message me here or leave a comment on the original article on the site. We are much more likely to see your comment on the site, than on Youtube.

Thanks.

We killed the -Yoink- out of that guy in Halo 3. Remember? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmKTXKyf-OY

"Spark was not completely destroyed, however. Between 2553 and 2557, the UNSC detected a transmission from the ruins of Installation 00 and deployed the UNSC Rubicon from Luna to conduct a further investigation. A Remote Contact Team recovered an extremely damaged armature, believed by the team to be the source of the signal picked up by the initial investigative group. The device was actually the broken, barely active remains of 343 Guilty Spark.

After properly calibrating their AI translator, the human team began to interrogate Spark, hoping to gain insight into the ancient human-Forerunner relations and the Didact. Spark, acknowledging the humans as “the true Reclaimers” and claiming that his duty was to eventually testify to Reclaimers when given the opportunity, proceeded to describe the events that led to his former human self becoming a monitor. Over the course of his narrative, he constantly accessed the ship’s information stores, breaching the firewalls without effort, much to the ONI team’s dismay. As a result of the extensive damage he had sustained, Spark’s memory was heavily splintered and barely functional; for example, he was unable to remember many of the preceding events, only learning of his recent interactions with the humans after tapping into their records and even then, assuming the monitor in question being a separate duplicate of himself.

After Spark had finished his story, his robotic shell finally powered down and was jettisoned into space by order of the ONI team commander. Before this, however, he had successfully managed to upload his data stream into the ship’s computers, disabled its AI, and took full control of the vessel. Having come to the conclusion that the Librarian was alive as a result of long study, and that he had need for the ship and its crew, Spark put them to sleep and set course to where he believed the Librarian could be found."

(Source: Halo Nation | References Halo: Primordium)

They wouldn’t bring him back in the Lore if they didn’t have a reason for him to exist right now…