Guilty spark new the covies 100k years ago?

So in the 11th terminal, guilty spark says to the Heretics, “Your species have become so dramatic in the last 100 thousand years”.

That is implying he new them that long ago… Can someone add more detail to that? What did they do that long ago? Is it in the books?

he was refering to the shanghelie specias itself no the entire covenant

> he was refering to the shanghelie specias itself no the entire covenant

What did the shanghelie species do 100k years ago with guilty spark?

They existed.

well the monitors know about the species and there goverment and religous harmony

> > he was refering to the shanghelie specias itself no the entire covenant
>
> What did the shanghelie species do 100k years ago with guilty spark?

Guilty Spark kind of observed and watched them without really interfering with their progress as a species, by never contacting them. He was kind of the creepy neighbor from next door.

It means that Guilty Spark was secretly watching the Elites in Halo 1 with their worragh and hup and aaahh and noooo and wort wort wort war cries and their sudden use of English in Halo 2 surprised him.

i think the monitor observed their ancestors, like humans 100 years ago and all that -Yoink!-

The Forerunners enjoyed playing god with other species, including humans and Sangheili; knew everything about them. So that said, it’s fair to assume 343 Guilty Spark was able to access databases about pre-Halo Sangheili. 100,000 years is just the time he’s been with the ring. So I think it’s fair to assume he’s comparing the Sangheili before the ring fired to the Covenant Sangheili.

> So in the 11th terminal, guilty spark says to the Heretics, “Your species have become so dramatic in the last 100 thousand years”.
>
> That is implying he new them that long ago… Can someone add more detail to that? What did they do that long ago? Is it in the books?

Read Cryptum and watch Halo: Legends. That will help you out a lot.

Far to complicated for one to explain right now, watch Halo Legends or read the books.

How is it complicated?

100,000 years before that terminal, the Elites were catalogued and indexed with every other sentient species. That’s how 343 knew of them.

I suppose if you want to dumb it down it’s simple as that.

> I suppose if you want to dumb it down it’s simple as that.

Well obviously the OP doesn’t need a full explanation. :slight_smile: