Guardian weapons

How exactly does a guardian enforce a solar system? what kind of weapons does it have?

I imagine it has some kind of Star Destroyer like weaponry, able to take on entire fleets without a problem. They must have been created after the humans were defeated, but why they weren’t able to stop the Flood is what I’d like to know.

> 2533274875412897;2:
> I imagine it has some kind of Star Destroyer like weaponry, able to take on entire fleets without a problem. They must have been created after the humans were defeated, but why they weren’t able to stop the Flood is what I’d like to know.

I was thinking the same thing about the flood. Unless they were created after the flood war

Unlikely, if you have read the Forerunner trilogy you should see the in the end of Silentium the Isodidact (Bornstellar) is saying that they will withdraw themselves from galactic affairs. Probably they were created in peacetime to enforce the mantle against ‘lesser’ species like Humanity and Sangheili, might be effective against lower technological species but not good enough to fight the flood. Interesting question though, as to how they survived the war.

Though I will offer a theory to support you, maybe the Forerunners built the Guardians as they left or sent them from wherever they ended up so humanity could take control to enforce the mantle like Cortana has done.

I’d like to think the Forerunners left for another galaxy, maybe Path Kethona or something close by and could return one day, but I doubt that would happen in the series. Either way they had a surviving population after the war so hopefully they survived to modern times.