Guardian/Didact Theory. *spoiler*

I have a feeling that the e3 bird we saw is the Didact (digitised and taken form of a guardian sentinel like creature) and has taken command of the other sentinel like creatures (the latest box art poster style) as you can see the differences.

The way chief grabs cortanas chip when he sees the big bird makes me think chief was thinking “You did this, you killed my friend, this is for you cortana”

So the Didact in the bigger form of that Bird

In control of the smaller bird like sentinels + Prometheans(new and old classes and types) + Jul.

I’m doubtful that halo 5 will concentrate much on flood or MB. but perhaps set the setting for it. there is far to many other things going on with all the other factions i dont see how it will make its way into H5!

EDIT SPOILERS:

THE DIDACT IS NOT DEAD!! before i get comments like he died in comics bro! …

He is still considered a threat by chief and says contained.

Plus didacts bio reads " Digital essence"

That’s what I’ve thought for a long time until the cover art was revealed and Josh Holmes basically said that they are Guardians. Since the E3 one looked different from the cover art, and since its plural, there has to be more than one. Which would mean they’re not all the Didact.

> 2533274877056440;2:
> That’s what I’ve thought for a long time until the cover art was revealed and Josh Holmes basically said that they are Guardians. Since the E3 one looked different from the cover art, and since its plural, there has to be more than one. Which would mean they’re not all the Didact.

Im not saying they’re all the didact. I understand guardians are plural, im assuming that the e3 2013 bird (which was also orange lighted like the didact is) and the fact is cosmetically different would be the didact in control of the other guardians that too are cosmetically different and blue lighted.

Im 100% certain there will be more than one, just the box art one looks way smaller than the e3 2013 one, and the cosmetic differences and colour differences. And the fact that the didact is confirmed to make a presence (which obviously wont be from his previous body form.) What else would it possibly be besides and AI.

I think its one of the Guardians, maybe the Didact is controlling them

I’m still not sure if Josh’s quote, “The answer is in plain sight” confirms of it being a Guardian. I think it was more of a sarcastic, tease answer by saying “it is what it is. That’s all you’re getting.” It very well may be a Guardian but I think the Guardians subtitle has nothing to do with them constructs. I think it has to do with Chief’s role in the universe as well as other characters.

What could the role of these “Guardians” be, anyway?

• Protect all life against the flood?
  • Miniature version of a Halo weapon?
  • Catalog all DNA of sentient creatures and carry it to the Ark?

Didact Equals DERP DERPITY DERP

Your theory is cool, but I just wanna say that the Didact did not kill Cortana. She died naturally and Chief would not think otherwise

Well one could argue that the Didact was a guardian of the Forerunners. So yes I think it is the Didact. (Although not totally because of that reason, I’ve seen other evidence pointing to it.)