Grunts to be more Vicious?

Honestly i like the new Grunts and Elites, they look cool, detailed, and menacing. For once i feel like going to run up and melee a Grunt is going to get face ate off. I believe these grunts will be more vicious and have some use on the battlefield instead of just being grenade spammers. I can imagine these little freaks flanking you with overcharged plasma pistols and grenades while still looking silly and maintaing the sense of action on the battlefield. To me Grunts in previous Halo’s had no purpose but headshot magnets and they normally kept using the same jokes so it kinda didnt bother me that i busting caps in their ugly skulls especially when i knocked the mask out their mouth, because they looked just as worse then as they do now.

Sure, one might argue that they look like Locust from Gears, then again, it might not be a bad change. For the first time ever, a grunt has looked evil, alien and somewhat intimidating, and the elites even looked similar, more mean and evil. The grunts are great, up close in a dark area one of those guys might even make you panic ^^

I don’t think there is any problem with the way they look. Like I’ve said several times, at least they look threatening for once. Will they ACTUALLY be threatening? I don’t think they will, but who knows? We’ll have to wait to find out.

I like the grunts but the elites look a bit “naked”.
I like the cool armour they wear.

While I am happy that the character designer wants to experiment and change things up a bit, the thing I dislike about the grunts new design is that they look reptilian when they are supposed to be be more like arthropods. By all means experiment with the look but that is less experimenting and more so just scrapping key elements.

Grunts are comic relief. Not something to be feared.

> While I am happy that the character designer wants to experiment and change things up a bit, the thing I dislike about the grunts new design is that they look reptilian when they are supposed to be be more like arthropods. By all means experiment with the look but that is less experimenting and more so just scrapping key elements.
>
> Grunts are comic relief. Not something to be feared.

really? i thought they looked like arthropods still… i don’t really think those segments on their arms look like scales, but more like bone pieces and whatnot, kind of like the rock guy from fantastic four, his skin kind of looks like that.

The methane tubes that go into their nose are nasty lol. An interesting way to assassinate them would be to pull the tube out. I personally prefer the face mask.

> The methane tubes that go into their nose are nasty lol. An interesting way to assassinate them would be to pull the tube out. I personally prefer the face mask.

Different grunt ranks may even have different masks, we’ll just have to wait and find out. :slight_smile:

no grunts are supposed to be the comic relief! If they aren’t funny what is?

> no grunts are supposed to be the comic relief! If they aren’t funny what is?

Are they meant to be that in Halo 4?
I’m not so sure, having them as comic relief was a great way to get away with a very bad AI, one that can’t fight but has to run. Really, it might serve it’s purpose when it comes to cannon if they fear chief, but for gameplay it’s just boring.
They could always add a skull that makes grunt cowards, running away in panic when they see their own shadow, but when I play Halo I want a great story, and evil invading aliens should be evil, or at least fight for their lives.

Grunts can be thrown onto your face and you have to quicktime event them off.

Weird… They have lost their angles and their unique heads, oh and they really do look like mini Locusts (particularly Wretches and RAAM).

Grunts from Reach looked awesome in my opinion. They looked angular and solid, and they really did look like Grunts from previous games too despite their changes.

These new ones from H4… no they don’t look good at all.

I just don’t want to face bottomless clip, overcharge spamming Grunts again. That’s why I hated them in Reach. Or more accurately, hated the plasma pistol. It’s overcharge time is way too fast. The problem? It sucks when used by the player while it’s dangerous when used by the enemy. Avoiding it is also difficult due to slow movement and good tracking.

If anything, I hate Reach Jackals the most. They eat shots up and an army of them kills troopers faster than an army of Grunts!

> > no grunts are supposed to be the comic relief! If they aren’t funny what is?
>
> Are they meant to be that in Halo 4?
> I’m not so sure, having them as comic relief was a great way to get away with a very bad AI, one that can’t fight but has to run. Really, it might serve it’s purpose when it comes to cannon if they fear chief, but for gameplay it’s just boring.
> They could always add a skull that makes grunt cowards, running away in panic when they see their own shadow, but when I play Halo I want a great story, and evil invading aliens should be evil, or at least fight for their lives.

I found panicking Grunts in H3 and Reach to be annoying. I usually have to wait for them to stop moving so I can get a clean headshot on them. If Grunts panic, they should be a bit more predictable because their erratic movement was unpleasant to take advantage of.

i personally thought the old grunts added to the gameplay by lightning the mood but the elites look good

Great thing about novels: description…

I forget what book I read this in, but it was MC described the tiny aliens who jumped onto marines, one after another, and killed them while under all of their weight…

I like the new luck. Grunts are actually looking like I originally thought of when I read that.

miget krogan much lol

I don’t know how to feel, and I’m sure I’ll be repeating some other people concerns when I post mine, but here we go:

I’m not a fan of the Elite BDU no longer covering the entire Elite. I’m also not a fan of the Grunts suddenly looking reptilian.

> I don’t know how to feel, and I’m sure I’ll be repeating some other people concerns when I post mine, but here we go:
>
> I’m not a fan of the Elite BDU no longer covering the entire Elite. I’m also not a fan of the Grunts suddenly looking reptilian.

I think you’ll find a variety of armour where some cover the Elite and others don’t. The selection of screen shots so far are released for impact and change.

I’m sure we have many armour variations and enemies to explore still.

> > I don’t know how to feel, and I’m sure I’ll be repeating some other people concerns when I post mine, but here we go:
> >
> > I’m not a fan of the Elite BDU no longer covering the entire Elite. I’m also not a fan of the Grunts suddenly looking reptilian.
>
> I think you’ll find a variety of armour where some cover the Elite and others don’t. The selection of screen shots so far are released for impact and change.
>
> I’m sure we have many armour variations and enemies to explore still.

The only parts of the Elites that every lacked cover, in any Elite BDU, were the head and the hand (with a few exceptions). Now, we have entire armor without proper covering and “sleeves” of some sort. I’m also not a fan of the way Sangheili skins looks now.

In the end though, most of these are minor irritations.

> > > I don’t know how to feel, and I’m sure I’ll be repeating some other people concerns when I post mine, but here we go:
> > >
> > > I’m not a fan of the Elite BDU no longer covering the entire Elite. I’m also not a fan of the Grunts suddenly looking reptilian.
> >
> > I think you’ll find a variety of armour where some cover the Elite and others don’t. The selection of screen shots so far are released for impact and change.
> >
> > I’m sure we have many armour variations and enemies to explore still.
>
> The only parts of the Elites that every lacked cover, in any Elite BDU, were the head and the hand (with a few exceptions). Now, we have entire armor without proper covering and “sleeves” of some sort. I’m also not a fan of the way Sangheili skins looks now.
>
> In the end though, most of these are minor irritations.

True but with cannon lore having factions with limited resources like ships or resupply routes or weapons/armour caches etc I think this will fit into the differing “character loadouts” nicely.