Grunts Shrapnel mines

How many grunts do you need for effective use of shrapnel mines. Also what are they effective against besides choppers?

> 2533274973976464;1:
> How many grunts do you need for effective use of shrapnel mines. Also what are they effective against besides choppers?

I’d say 10 or so grunts is enough to justify shrapnel mines in Tech 1. They are excellent against all scout units and their slow effect helps to hunt down heroes. They do decent damage to Tech 2 vehicles but it’s best not to rely on them for your mid-game engagements.
They also do nice damage to infantry, but scouts are the preferred target.

On a side note, don’t get the Pack Brother upgrade; it doesn’t add much of anything and by Tech 2 you shouldn’t be making more than the occasional grunt to grab nodes.

Shrapnel mines are also fairly effective versus buildings in a pitch. Obviously don’t use them primarily for that, but if you need quick damage they can fulfill that purpose.

A tidbit of information that not many people know, Pack Brother grunts beat CT marines.

> 2533274830489835;4:
> A tidbit of information that not many people know, Pack Brother grunts beat CT marines.

That’s news to me, do they do more damage in general or just to infantry?

> 2535421224359683;5:
> > 2533274830489835;4:
> > A tidbit of information that not many people know, Pack Brother grunts beat CT marines.
>
> That’s news to me, do they do more damage in general or just to infantry?

1 Back bro grunt vs 1 CT marine, the marine will win. But there’s a 50 supply difference and in mass the grunts are far more effective vs infantry. They’re nowhere near as good vs air and slightly less effective vs vehicle. They still handle air well, but CT in comparison shreds. Their biggest weakness is vs vehicle, so if you go pack bro you want some hunter too.

I normally only go pack bro with Voridus and Decimus. With Vori the 550 power is so easy to afford if you just chuck a couple mines at a gen.