Grunt Mech Tuning

Finally got around to playing some regular Warzone and went up against the grunt mech bosses.

The regular grunt mech that spawns at the 8 minute on the beach?? Just ridiculous. It goes down way too slow. I’ve played games where it doesn’t get taken out until the 15 minute mark. That’s ridiculous! It’s a 100VP, high value boss. It should be tough, but it shouldn’t take that long for a boss to go down. It’s clearly broken. Needs to be tuned to be equivalent to other 100VP boss encounters.

Adding the Mythic Grunt Mech on top of that at the end of the match makes the game way too long.

Now, the Mythic Grunt Mech SHOULD be tough given that it’s worth 200VP, but the 100VP grunt mech is WAY too tough, especially for Spartans trying to take it out at the 8 minute. Not enough people have good enough reqs to do serious enough damage. Which is probably why it doesn’t get taken out until later - people wait until they actually have enough req levels to use something decent enough to try and take it out.

To take it out at a decent time, you need 75% of your team firing at it to take it out (that’s what we saw during the WZFF livestream, and it even took them a while to take it out). That’s fine at the end of the game, because those boss VP determine who is gonna win. But at the 8 minute, a team has other things to do rather than drop everything to take on a boss.

Anyway, what are y’alls thoughts about the 100VP Grunt Mech? Do you also agree it’s too much of a bullet sponge currently? Do you think it should be tuned down to be equivalent to other 100VP boss encounters?

Oh also, you could bring in WZFF tuning comments as well if you dig

I have completely ignored the grunt mech in regular warzone. I’m not going to risk a regular mantis or a scorpion on him just to chip away at his health for 4-5 minutes and probably lose my vehicle in the process. It diverts resources and personnel away from capturing or defending bases for way too long, or pulls way too many people and their best reqs away.

I typically go after any other boss, but the grunt mech is too tanky for heavy weapons (you’ll run out of ammo and barely scratch him) and destroys vehicles too easily. He’s really only worth going after when his health is down to a third or less.

> 2533274818796159;3:
> I have completely ignored the grunt mech in regular warzone. I’m not going to risk a regular mantis or a scorpion on him just to chip away at his health for 4-5 minutes and probably lose my vehicle in the process. It diverts resources and personnel away from capturing or defending bases for way too long, or pulls way too many people and their best reqs away.
>
> I typically go after any other boss, but the grunt mech is too tanky for heavy weapons (you’ll run out of ammo and barely scratch him) and destroys vehicles too easily. He’s really only worth going after when his health is down to a third or less.

Too true. Shows how broken the boss is. Not even worth attacking

It just needs its health lowered in both WZ and WZFF. It shouldn’t take forever and a day to bring down but it does. In WZFF I was in a Sword Wraith and there was another regular Wraith, a Scorpion, and two Ghost Ultras focusing on one Grunt Mech and it still took a good 2-3 minutes to kill (we had a Banshee clearing away the fodder for us).

> 2533274806055932;4:
> > 2533274818796159;3:
> > I have completely ignored the grunt mech in regular warzone. I’m not going to risk a regular mantis or a scorpion on him just to chip away at his health for 4-5 minutes and probably lose my vehicle in the process. It diverts resources and personnel away from capturing or defending bases for way too long, or pulls way too many people and their best reqs away.
> >
> > I typically go after any other boss, but the grunt mech is too tanky for heavy weapons (you’ll run out of ammo and barely scratch him) and destroys vehicles too easily. He’s really only worth going after when his health is down to a third or less.
>
>
> Too true. Shows how broken the boss is. Not even worth attacking

He’s fine in firefight. 8 people with scorpions banshees and wraiths can take him down no problem.

In warzone, you’re likely to lose a base or two devoting that much time, attention and reqs on one boss. It’s really only worth it if it wins the game faster than you would get triple capped and cored by ignoring everything else, or if he’s already weak.

> 2533274818796159;6:
> > 2533274806055932;4:
> > > 2533274818796159;3:
> > > I have completely ignored the grunt mech in regular warzone. I’m not going to risk a regular mantis or a scorpion on him just to chip away at his health for 4-5 minutes and probably lose my vehicle in the process. It diverts resources and personnel away from capturing or defending bases for way too long, or pulls way too many people and their best reqs away.
> > >
> > > I typically go after any other boss, but the grunt mech is too tanky for heavy weapons (you’ll run out of ammo and barely scratch him) and destroys vehicles too easily. He’s really only worth going after when his health is down to a third or less.
> >
> >
> > Too true. Shows how broken the boss is. Not even worth attacking
>
>
> He’s fine in firefight. 8 people with scorpions banshees and wraiths can take him down no problem.
>
> In warzone, you’re likely to lose a base or two devoting that much time, attention and reqs on one boss. It’s really only worth it if it wins the game faster than you would get triple capped and cored by ignoring everything else, or if he’s already weak.

True that bro.

i learnt to just leave the mech alone in regular warzone, ppl passing by tend to chip away at its health periodically, while i keep an eye on its health so that i can swoop in at low health and secure the kill for my team…

> 2533274818796159;6:
> > 2533274806055932;4:
> > > 2533274818796159;3:
> > > I have completely ignored the grunt mech in regular warzone. I’m not going to risk a regular mantis or a scorpion on him just to chip away at his health for 4-5 minutes and probably lose my vehicle in the process. It diverts resources and personnel away from capturing or defending bases for way too long, or pulls way too many people and their best reqs away.
> > >
> > > I typically go after any other boss, but the grunt mech is too tanky for heavy weapons (you’ll run out of ammo and barely scratch him) and destroys vehicles too easily. He’s really only worth going after when his health is down to a third or less.
> >
> >
> > Too true. Shows how broken the boss is. Not even worth attacking
>
>
> He’s fine in firefight. 8 people with scorpions banshees and wraiths can take him down no problem.
>
> In warzone, you’re likely to lose a base or two devoting that much time, attention and reqs on one boss. It’s really only worth it if it wins the game faster than you would get triple capped and cored by ignoring everything else, or if he’s already weak.

8 people with tanks can take about anything out but he’s probably going to bring down 5 or 6 of them in the process. During regular warzone if you sent 8 people to deal with him you’re not going to win the match. In WZFF the chances of everyone having the REQ points intact for that are slim. If they are going to keep him that strong, up the point value in regular and ditch the knights guarding him for grunts in WZFF as he’s not even the main boss(usually two hunters spawning at the spire).