Grunt mech commendation

I’ve killed the grunt mech about half a dozen times now even getting the basic grunt kill medal and the legendary medal at the same time which shows I got the kill. But it doesn’t give me the commendation after the game . Was wondering is anyone else having this issue? Or what else I can do ? On one occasion in firefight I was literally the only person around attacking a grunt mech got the medals and again no commendation!!! Any help / advice ???

I’ve found that using either high rate of fire weapons (The Answer), or weapons with a lingering damage effect, like Void’s Tear, or the legendary H2 Beam rifle, seems to have the best success for me. For vehicles, I find the Mantis has the best rate of fire weapons, if not damage. The cool down for tank & wraith shots allows for other players to sneak in the killshot.

You have to actually land the killing blow. Everyone who helps kill it will get the medals like you say, but only the last shot counts towards the commendation

If you are getting the grunt kill medal when the boss is defeated, then it should count. I never got that medal and had it not count. Scorpions are good for this because you can just steal the final shot from your teammates.

Use an weapon with an high rate of fire and only attack if the health is already really low.
But it isnt the friendly way to do it.

> 2535408730995228;5:
> Use an weapon with an high rate of fire and only attack if the health is already really low.
> But it isnt the friendly way to do it.

It isn’t the friendly way to do it, but the way I saw it when I was going for this commendation is: If I complete all of my grunt mech kills, then that’s one less person for everyone else to compete with for them in the future. Also all my teammates could try that same strategy, although they rarely ever did.

I have noticed a glitch in warzone carnage reports where you have a boss kill medal, but it doesn’t give you credit for killing a boss and your boss takedowns is 0. I feel like this might be affecting the comendation

The Spartan Laser works extremely well, although you have a very small window to get the kill before anyone else.

only the last shot counts

> 2535406661860137;7:
> I have noticed a glitch in warzone carnage reports where you have a boss kill medal, but it doesn’t give you credit for killing a boss and your boss takedowns is 0. I feel like this might be affecting the comendation

not a glitch you have to land the killing blow

> 2535447040399614;10:
> > 2535406661860137;7:
> > I have noticed a glitch in warzone carnage reports where you have a boss kill medal, but it doesn’t give you credit for killing a boss and your boss takedowns is 0. I feel like this might be affecting the comendation
>
> not a glitch you have to land the killing blow

No, in warzone whenever you get a boss takedown medal in the carnage report, before the overtime update it would show how many boss takedowns you helped with. Now after the update, you could be at every boss your team gets, even getting the LAST hit on it, the carnage report could still say you had 0 boss takedowns even though you have a couple medals for killing bosses

For a lot of the boss commendations (particularly the Warden and Grunt Mech ones) you have to get literally the last shot on the boss to make progress on the commendation.

A few tips:

• Certain REQs are great for getting last shot on a boss. They do very high DPS and shoot decently quickly. Three of the best are the Light of Urs Fuel Rod Cannon, The Answer, and the Temple Wraith. - Make sure your gun is reloaded when the boss is reaching a critical health level. It feels awful to be left standing there reloading your answer or waiting for your Wraith to build up another shot while the enemy steals the kill from right under your nose. - It is possible to break the canopy over the grunt in the Grunt Goblin. Use a Spartan Laser and target the shielded area. This is especially effective when you get your teammates to help.

Ensure you hit the last shot. I recommend using the Scorpion.

So what comes up when you get the final shot ? And what appears in the carnage report afterwards?

> 2535473388643231;14:
> So what comes up when you get the final shot ? And what appears in the carnage report afterwards?

I’ve heard that the medal for getting the kill with the final shot has a slight difference to the medal you get for just participating in the kill. I have not idea if this is true though.

You should be able to tell if you get the final shot on a boss in-game, though, with the hit markers you see on your reticle; if you see a red “X” appear, it means you got the final shot. It only appears for like one frame, though, so it’s easy to miss.

> 2535473388643231;14:
> So what comes up when you get the final shot ? And what appears in the carnage report afterwards?

You get a grunt kill medal when you get the last shot. Also there will be the x in the center of your reticent like when you get any kill

They added that medal too late, personally I no longer play more this mode, but I recommend the scorpion.

> 2535406661860137;16:
> > 2535473388643231;14:
> > So what comes up when you get the final shot ? And what appears in the carnage report afterwards?
>
> You get a grunt kill medal when you get the last shot. Also there will be the x in the center of your reticent like when you get any kill

I’ve had the grunt kill medal come up before but still no award I will keep trying, many thanks

> 2535473388643231;18:
> > 2535406661860137;16:
> > > 2535473388643231;14:
> > > So what comes up when you get the final shot ? And what appears in the carnage report afterwards?
> >
> > You get a grunt kill medal when you get the last shot. Also there will be the x in the center of your reticent like when you get any kill
>
> I’ve had the grunt kill medal come up before but still no award I will keep trying, many thanks

That is why I brought up the bug I’ve seen in warzone, it may be affecting the commendation

> 2535406661860137;19:
> > 2535473388643231;18:
> > > 2535406661860137;16:
> > > > 2535473388643231;14:
> > > > So what comes up when you get the final shot ? And what appears in the carnage report afterwards?
> > >
> > > You get a grunt kill medal when you get the last shot. Also there will be the x in the center of your reticent like when you get any kill
> >
> > I’ve had the grunt kill medal come up before but still no award I will keep trying, many thanks
>
> That is why I brought up the bug I’ve seen in warzone, it may be affecting the commendation

That’s why I ask because I swear I’ve got the kill but not the commendation, makes no sense imo