Grunt Goblin should be the model for bosses

Seriously. All other boss fights are stale in comparison

He is the only encounter that has interesting mechanics for a group dynamic to overcome.

Vehicles/Basic AI enemies = snore

I like fighting against phantoms too they are fun. Now that I think about it all the covenant are fine except banshees. The prometheans just suck.

I totally agree with this! I love fighting the Grunt Goblin.

Grunt Goblin is truly a treat that keeps on giving!

No doubt the grunt mech is the best boss we have now (imo). But I think having the goblin grunt also makes warden eternal more enjoyable because now we have variety. When all we had was the warden things felt a bit stale. With variety it makes all of the bosses more fun. I also really like the phaeton/knight combo boss fights in firefight. Makes you keep track of enemies in the air and on the ground. Imo 343 nailed the -Yoink- out of the firefight update, so much fun.

I think it’s one of the laziest designs in terms of gameplay mechanics yet. It has defences for everything.

> 2533274860062662;6:
> I think it’s one of the laziest designs in terms of gameplay mechanics yet. It has defences for everything.

Laziest wut?? I’m genuinely baffled by what your definition of lazy is. Please elaborate.

> 2533274797413165;1:
> Seriously. All other boss fights are stale in comparison
>
> He is the only encounter that has interesting mechanics for a group dynamic to overcome.
>
> Vehicles/Basic AI enemies = snore

This is why I was confused that people wanted a Boss fight for that one Elite dude. It would pointless, since you’d just kill him almost instantly anyways because he’s just a normal Elite.

At least he’s in Warzone now, as a generic boss.

> 2533274886531207;7:
> > 2533274860062662;6:
> > I think it’s one of the laziest designs in terms of gameplay mechanics yet. It has defences for everything.
>
>
> Laziest wut?? I’m genuinely baffled by what your definition of lazy is. Please elaborate.

As i said he has defences for everything to cause difficulty for difficulty sake. Long range he jumps, targets multiple players at one time, close range emp, destroys vehicles in no time. As with every boss in this game there’s no intelligence to the gameplay, it’s just chip away at the ridiculous health whilst he does large amounts of damge. Not only that but you’ll also be spammed by a ton of regular enemies. If you think it’s great more to you, i don’t. At the end of the day it’s a difference of opinion.

Something tells me it’s just another way for us to use up reqs ( just like firefight) so we have to buy more to keep up.

> 2533274860062662;9:
> > 2533274886531207;7:
> > > 2533274860062662;6:
> > > I think it’s one of the laziest designs in terms of gameplay mechanics yet. It has defences for everything.
> >
> >
> > Laziest wut?? I’m genuinely baffled by what your definition of lazy is. Please elaborate.
>
>
> As i said he has defences for everything to cause difficulty for difficulty sake. Long range he jumps, targets multiple players at one time, close range emp, destroys vehicles in no time. As with every boss in this game there’s no intelligence to the gameplay, it’s just chip away at the ridiculous health whilst he does large amounts of damge. Not only that but you’ll also be spammed by a ton of regular enemies. If you think it’s great more to you, i don’t. At the end of the day it’s a difference of opinion.

How does that make the grunt mech more lazy? A boss that counters multiple attack styles is more intuitive. Warden could be an argument for lazy cause it’s basically a damage sponge that only attacks what is front of it. Please describe what a non lazy boss would be like, because I can’t picture a more challenging and immersive boss than one that leaps towards enemies, has a multiple enemy attack, and directly counters vehicles than the grunt mech.

> 2533274886531207;11:
> > 2533274860062662;9:
> > > 2533274886531207;7:
> > > > 2533274860062662;6:
> > > > I think it’s one of the laziest designs in terms of gameplay mechanics yet. It has defences for everything.
> > >
> > >
> > > Laziest wut?? I’m genuinely baffled by what your definition of lazy is. Please elaborate.
> >
> >
> > As i said he has defences for everything to cause difficulty for difficulty sake. Long range he jumps, targets multiple players at one time, close range emp, destroys vehicles in no time. As with every boss in this game there’s no intelligence to the gameplay, it’s just chip away at the ridiculous health whilst he does large amounts of damge. Not only that but you’ll also be spammed by a ton of regular enemies. If you think it’s great more to you, i don’t. At the end of the day it’s a difference of opinion.
>
>
> How does that make the grunt mech more lazy? A boss that counters multiple attack styles is more intuitive. Warden could be an argument for lazy cause it’s basically a damage sponge that only attacks what is front of it. Please describe what a non lazy boss would be like, because I can’t picture a more challenging and immersive boss than one that leaps towards enemies, has a multiple enemy attack, and directly counters vehicles than the grunt mech.

Other bosses are ONLY damage sponges. Maybe Grunt Goblin counters a lot of things, but he’s still the only interesting encounter.

I enjoy Knights as well. Their weak points offer a tiny window to instakill them when they break. Knights are well-made as well. I can’t really speak for the Goblin because I’ve only sorta-fought him once.

> 2533274797413165;1:
> Seriously. All other boss fights are stale in comparison
>
> He is the only encounter that has interesting mechanics for a group dynamic to overcome.
>
> Vehicles/Basic AI enemies = snore

But what about the mech grunt birthday party?

Poor guy.

I like how he yells at me while I fight him.