Grunt Birthday Party + What Armor Effects do you want in Halo 4?

First of all, I think that Bungie made a big mistake by making it the first available Armor Effect, it should definetley be swapped with the hearts. Confetti Explosion+"Yaaaaaaay] Flying Hearts.

I recently bought Halo Reach, and I was wondering, should I buy it? I’m only a Captain, and I want it because it just seems awesome, and not many people have it. I maybe see one person per lobby have it, if I’m lucky.

Part 2 of this thread:

Why is Halo 4 coming out so late? I mean come on, December of 2012!? Anyways, what kind of AE do you want to see in Halo 4? Make one up! I would want a spartan-ghost to pop out of my body and taunt people :smiley:

To sum it up:

1. Do you think GBP should be swapped with the flying hearts?
  2. Should I buy the GBP?
  3. Why is Halo 4 coming out so late? (Holiday 2012)
  4. Make your own AE!

I don’t want any armor effects whatsoever in Halo 4. The extra graphics that go on per each player only adds to the framerate issues that are oh so common on most Reach maps. Leave these effects to firefight and campaign.

They should not exist in Matchmaking, even in Reach.

I agree that Armor Effects shouldn’t be in Halo 4. Sure I use them myself but they just seem like a lame gimmick. I would much rather have a game not full of thunder clouded, flame headed, sewage clouded, heart splosion, yelling kids with confetti effects in this game.

> I agree that Armor Effects shouldn’t be in Halo 4. Sure I use them myself but they just seem like a lame gimmick. I would much rather have a game not full of thunder clouded, flame headed, sewage clouded, heart splosion, yelling kids with confetti effects in this game.

Agreed, and I like how you worded that.

Reach is a game full of gimmicks to appease the crowd of casuals aged 12-14 it was designed for, the very age bracket which can also judge the maturity level of the game designers. Who else could have thought of a game mechanism where a Spartan dies, and an ear piercing “YAY!” can be heard.

It should be like Halo 3. Just 343 can have flames etc.

make your own? sounds sick. how about a bunch of different default effects, then we get to tweak 1-2 (possibly 3) colors in the effects.

an example would be of changing the darkest color and the lightest color of flames.

possibly have your emblem (and all of them) pop up like the current hearts one does. tha’d also be sick.

RGB scale is what we need. screw having 32 colors or w/e when you could easily have 100000 lol.