Ground Pound using Melee. No air assassinations?

I liked using Ground Pound but now it’s located on the melee button. That means no more air assassinations. I’m bummed. They should have mapped it differently.

Edit:
Tap to punch, hold to start charging your ground pound.

If you’re in the air and you hit “melee”, you will melee. If you hold “melee” while in the air, you will go into ground pound mode

> 2533274877056440;2:
> …
> You have to hold it down.

But if you just press the melee button momentarily doesn’t it perform a beat down midair.

Can you confirm there isn’t a window where if a player is within assassination screen, holding melee will allow for the hammer-fist kill? Many actions in Halo are relative-position sensitive, ie, reloading or boarding!

I’m pretty sure air assassinations are still in, you know like as halo reach and 4 had, you just jump and hold melee behind another aerial person?

I mean how else can you suprise those just hovering in midair? You don’t just ground pound everything, its like saying you can no longer melee in the air itself…

Short note:

All actions in Halo are context based, meaning that only when specific criteria are fulfilled or around in the environment, can you commit such acts such as you can only hijack if an enemy in a vehicle is in a position where it would be like if you tried to enter normally. Otherwise like dual wielding, only able to do it when you are actively holding a compact weapon and standing around another.

Its been like this ever since halo 2, its been here for over 10 years in every game since with actions like these.

> 2533274922858087;4:
> > 2533274877056440;2:
> > …
> > You have to hold it down.
>
>
> But if you just press the melee button momentarily doesn’t it perform a beat down midair.

No. You had to hold it. You’ll still be able to do an air assassination, no problem. If you’re looking at the players back in the air, and hold the melee button, you’ll assassinate him. If you’re not, but hold it, you’ll initiate a ground pound. Of course, I’m speculating all of this, but it makes sense, seeing as how it’s fairly simple to accomplish.

> 2533274873783305;7:
> > 2533274922858087;4:
> > > 2533274877056440;2:
> > > …
> > > You have to hold it down.
> >
> >
> > But if you just press the melee button momentarily doesn’t it perform a beat down midair.
>
>
> No. You had to hold it. You’ll still be able to do an air assassination, no problem. If you’re looking at the players back in the air, and hold the melee button, you’ll assassinate him. If you’re not, but hold it, you’ll initiate a ground pound. Of course, I’m speculating all of this, but it makes sense, seeing as how it’s fairly simple to accomplish.

If it were to work like that (meaning that you couldn’t activate ground pound while looking upwards) I wouldn’t be so upset. I hope they implemented it in that fashion.

I dont think it would be that hard for them to code it such that using the melee button within assassination range of someone while in midair will perform an assassination instead of a GP.

I got used to ground pound on the crouch button personally.

thank goodness. i really hated getting stuck in ground pound mode while i was trying to jump around.

> 2533274809220485;10:
> I got used to ground pound on the crouch button personally.

I would have said they could just make it a toggle like for stabilisers.

I was relieved when I found that out, I had B set to crouch and that is not easy to ground pound with.

In regards to air assassinations, you’ll be able to do them if you’re behind another person. It’s not like the game will think that you’re trying to ground pound straight through an enemy, especially if you’re not even looking down towards the ground.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> If you’re in the air and you hit “melee”, you will melee. If you hold “melee” while in the air, you will go into ground pound mode

Aka you can’t air assasinate which is what he said and im I’m bummed too.

> 2533274922858087;1:
> I liked using Ground Pound but now it’s located on the melee button. That means no more air assassinations. I’m bummed. They should have mapped it differently.

i can still do air assassinations, but the medals dont show up for me

> 2533274879147246;15:
> > 2533274922858087;1:
> > I liked using Ground Pound but now it’s located on the melee button. That means no more air assassinations. I’m bummed. They should have mapped it differently.
>
>
> i can still do air assassinations, but the medals dont show up for me

Old post is old. Don’t bring back the dead