Ground Pound Too Easy?

So I find that using ground pound is extremely easy to get kills with. It saved my life countless times, when I should have been dead. I also use the Halo 4 control scheme, meaning that I would have to use my left hand to aim my ground pound.

I just want to know what the community feels about it. Do you think it’s a gimmick like the slide or is it overpowered?

At first I was terrified when I heard about the ground pound because it was terrible in Destiny. Luckily after playing many rounds of H5 beta, I think the ground pound is balanced perfectly.

There shouldn’t be any splash damage, you should be punished for missing.

Needs to be remapped off of crouch.

I would say 343i was successful in implementing the Thruster abilities as nuances rather than “have-to’s”.

Only burst thrustering is useful when in direct combat, otherwise everything else is about having situational advantage in the first place. The sound of GP is literally a dead giveaway. I think I was damaged maybe 3 or 4 times, killed twice, max. And capitalising on a missed GP is all but guaranteeing a free kill.

I use it more as of an escape and/or intercept ability than to directly attack the opponent. If I have height and know they’re running or spawning near a low location, GP’ing to a door/portal to get in some shots is extremely fun to do. As well, if I’m elevated and being approached by superior forces, rather than sprinting, GP’ing over a killbox instead of running through run can allow for recharging shields sooner.

I find ground pound to be fairly balanced as it stands right now. It’s difficult to use properly, and more often than not, you’ll end up missing or getting shot out of the air before you manage to do anything. However, if you do manage to master the ability, you can get some nice kills with it. Even then, it only happens about once a game, max, if you’re lucky.

You need to be in the right spot at the right time to use it effectively, and then be quick about it. If that doesn’t demonstrate balance in the ability, I don’t know what does.

I like it very much tbh

Also, there is a bug at times were I would ground pound directly onto a guy but he survives. It happened to me 4 times during the beta.

> 2533274808386392;6:
> I find ground pound to be fairly balanced as it stands right now. It’s difficult to use properly, and more often than not, you’ll end up missing or getting shot out of the air before you manage to do anything. However, if you do manage to master the ability, you can get some nice kills with it. Even then, it only happens about once a game, max, if you’re lucky.
>
> You need to be in the right spot at the right time to use it effectively, and then be quick about it. If that doesn’t demonstrate balance in the ability, I don’t know what does.I’m not trying to brag or anything, but I can get 4+ ground pound kills in one game if I want to.

Didn’t use it once and was never a victim of it, that being said, it seems like a cool addition that subtracts nothing and is plausible story-wise. But I agree that there should be no splash damage.

It worked great in the beta. Now we just need to see about the vehicles…

I have only been ground pounded twice, and I have only successfully done it one or two times myself. I rarely saw it ever attempted, and rarer still, actually being successful.

And that was with only being ranked Oynx, I would imagine semi-pro and pro it happens even less.

Imo - this is primarily a gimmick ability for the masses and serves little to no purpose to the core gameplay.

> 2787272447958470;2:
> At first I was terrified when I heard about the ground pound because it was terrible in Destiny. Luckily after playing many rounds of H5 beta, I think the ground pound is balanced perfectly.

It’s not. I have a way to execute the GP in about half a second. Maybe less.