ground pound... heh..

i pretty much expected this, and so far every prediction i had about this ability has turned out to be true…

A. Mostly pointless, the hover time leaves you too vulnerable in anything harder than Campaign on Easy…

B. Forget ever landing it reliably in PvP, if your enemy is aware of you in particular you will never land it.

C. its used twice in the first cutscene… and it looks silly there too… what with the thrusters not really pushing you down and not with enough force to create a shockwave even given the increased weight of the armor… (it takes alot of speed and force to do that) i guess they could use a explosive discharge of the shields, but that would be even dumber…

D. as a purely gameplay element, it doesnt really have much use when its faster to just shoot someone…

thusfar, not impressed with this one ability. the rest are fine but this one just feels tacked on to imitate something else…

so… i want to see it done well… i want to see any videos of this “done right” as i no doubt know people will come in here to tell me, i want to see strategy that involve it…

i think im going to make a push for curiosity sake to make heavy use of this ability… i want to see if it really has something to offer, or is just what thus far it appears to be.

silly.

I believe Ninja had a nice overkill while using a ground pound on the last enemy. He went into an airborne assassination on one enemy and directly transitioned into a ground pound. Might be in a video on his twitch channel I will see if I can find it and post it here.

> 2732317809657592;1:
> i pretty much expected this, and so far every prediction i had about this ability has turned out to be true…
>
> A. Mostly pointless, the hover time leaves you too vulnerable in anything harder than Campaign on Easy…
>
> B. Forget ever landing it reliably in PvP, if your enemy is aware of you in particular you will never land it.
>
> C. its used twice in the first cutscene… and it looks silly there too… what with the thrusters not really pushing you down and not with enough force to create a shockwave even given the increased weight of the armor… (it takes alot of speed and force to do that) i guess they could use a explosive discharge of the shields, but that would be even dumber…
>
> D. as a purely gameplay element, it doesnt really have much use when its faster to just shoot someone…
>
> thusfar, not impressed with this one ability. the rest are fine but this one just feels tacked on to imitate something else…
>
> so… i want to see it done well… i want to see any videos of this “done right” as i no doubt know people will come in here to tell me, i want to see strategy that involve it…
>
> i think im going to make a push for curiosity sake to make heavy use of this ability… i want to see if it really has something to offer, or is just what thus far it appears to be.
>
> silly.

That should be it. It wasn’t a direct transition but it was still pretty good.

I’ve used it multiple times in MP. I got a triple kill with it stopping the flag from entering the enemies base on a Truth CTF game. Also, I have clambored up to a ledge jumped and used the ground pound to kill someone chasing me.

It has its uses, just have to find the right time to drop it on someone.

I think I have only used it once, but I am shy to try it for some reason. I am just trying to get my aiming skills better first before tackling combos and whatnot.

I agree that it’s mostly pointless because when you see a guy below you the first instinct in Halo is to drop down and shoot the guy. I use everything else that’s new, especially the thrusters because they can get you out of a bad situation quickly, but with the ground pound it’s not really worth it to me because if the guy gets out of range or I miss he’s just gonna turn around and shoot my head off. It doesn’t really fit and I don’t see many people using it at all.

It’s useless, but hey, I get to feel like Mario, jumping and ground pounding and shouting “wahoo!” all over the place.

Maybe for you. I’ve used it loads of times and think it’s great.

I have played about 100 matches and I’ve really only used it once. I agree that it has it’s uses, but you have to be creative with it.

It has its uses, for sure. Obviously it leaves you vulnerable while it powers up… It’s gotta be balanced.

Every time I land a ground pound on an enemy player or NPC it feels so satisfying to see their body go flying in the air like a rag doll.

I like the idea of the Ground Pound but it needs a lot of improvement.

They should increased the damage radius and add a “shock” radius which leaves opponents stunned.

Currently playing the game on Legendary after finishing it on Heroic.
While on Heroic I could use it a few times, it’s mostly useless on Legendary.
Hover time, as you said, leaves you too vulnerable. On Legendary, two hits in the air get you killed so you can never use it mid-action.
The only use case is when the enemy hasn’t seen you yet. This only happens in situations that were MADE for the ground pound. You guys know what I mean. Standing on an elevated edge, listening to grunts mumbling stuff.

Pretty sad, because I like the feature itself, but it should get some tweaking to leave opponents stunned in a wider area so you can survive the “getting back up” animation.

In multiplayer I already landed some nice multikill ground pounds, but the chances to do that are very rare. When enemy players are distracted and nobody sees you coming you might get a chance, but just like on Legendary campaign you are just too vulnerable while ground pound is charging. In multiplayer it should have a wider area of effect, too.

> 2732317809657592;1:
> i pretty much expected this, and so far every prediction i had about this ability has turned out to be true…
>
> A. Mostly pointless, the hover time leaves you too vulnerable in anything harder than Campaign on Easy…
>
> B. Forget ever landing it reliably in PvP, if your enemy is aware of you in particular you will never land it.
>
> C. its used twice in the first cutscene… and it looks silly there too… what with the thrusters not really pushing you down and not with enough force to create a shockwave even given the increased weight of the armor… (it takes alot of speed and force to do that) i guess they could use a explosive discharge of the shields, but that would be even dumber…
>
> D. as a purely gameplay element, it doesnt really have much use when its faster to just shoot someone…
>
> thusfar, not impressed with this one ability. the rest are fine but this one just feels tacked on to imitate something else…
>
> so… i want to see it done well… i want to see any videos of this “done right” as i no doubt know people will come in here to tell me, i want to see strategy that involve it…
>
> i think im going to make a push for curiosity sake to make heavy use of this ability… i want to see if it reallley has something to offer, or is just what thus far it appears to be.
>
> silly.

I’ve killed a good amount of people with it, love the ground pound