Griffball

Ok so I’m just jumping back into gaming so I’m super rusty. Halo was my favorite shooter for the longest time and I loved the change of pace with Griffball specifically. Its been so long that of course I’m gonna suck and the matchmaking community isn’t a forgiving one. I’ve gotten pretty messed up messages from gamers telling me to quit playing in so many ways. I miss the days when I wasn’t the noob. But alas, here we are. Griffball was my favorite get away from grinding other achievements and challenges but now it seems like its gotten just as hardcore as Team Slayer! Was it always like this and I just didn’t notice? Is the lag on MY hammer specifically 1/2 second behind everyone else? AND HOW, HOW ARE PEOPLE MAGICALLY FLYING THROUGH THE AIR LIKE THE HAMMER IS A NIMBUS 3000?
Anyone with any tips and tricks on how to get better would be greatly appreciated!

In halo 3:

aim at floor with hammer
Jump
slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
profit

Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.

> 2535447979542749;2:
> In halo 3:
>
> aim at floor with hammer
> Jump
> slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
> profit
>
> Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.

This also works quite well in reach. Hammer jumps can get you 3/4 of the way across court.

Who cares? It’s not as though there is anything riding on a game of Grifball. It’s not ranked and the rewards don’t seem that different, win or lose. You usually can rack up a bunch of medals even while being killed constantly.

Even if it’s a casual gametype, I still try my best to win, and I’m glad others are enthused and motivated to win rather than idling or disconnecting. And it is good that you aspire to improve, OP.

But if others are taking it so seriously that they are chewing you out and telling you to quit the game, I think the problem is with their attitude, not yours.

> 2535447979542749;2:
> In halo 3:
>
> aim at floor with hammer
> Jump
> slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
> profit
>
> Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.

I am definitely going to try this! Getting a gauge on the proper distance to strike is gonna be my next hurdle. Some people seem to have it down to a science. Thank you for the tips good sir.

> 2533274798142730;4:
> Who cares? It’s not as though there is anything riding on a game of Grifball. It’s not ranked and the rewards don’t seem that different, win or lose. You usually can rack up a bunch of medals even while being killed constantly.
>
> Even if it’s a casual gametype, I still try my best to win, and I’m glad others are enthused and motivated to win rather than idling or disconnecting. And it is good that you aspire to improve, OP.
>
> But if others are taking it so seriously that they are chewing you out and telling you to quit the game, I think the problem is with their attitude, not yours.

Agreed, there are some seriously sucky attitudes. The real kicker is that it’s never because we lost. Every time I’ve gotten a discouraging message, it’s from the team that won or it’s from my matched teammates after we have won and I have the lowest kill score. Neither of which makes sense to me! I can’t get better if I don’t keep practicing so I’ll keep at it for the love of the grind! Thank you for your valuable weigh in.

> 2533274808701072;3:
> > 2535447979542749;2:
> > In halo 3:
> >
> > aim at floor with hammer
> > Jump
> > slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
> > profit
> >
> > Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.
>
> This also works quite well in reach. Hammer jumps can get you 3/4 of the way across court.

This explains the serious air I been seeing! The gravity in some of the maps seems really low as well as I’ve noticed I can be launched clear out of the arena even if the hit itself didn’t kill me. Especially if I’m the ball carrier in the middle of a jump.
Do you aim at the persons head or feet for the most accurate strike?

Riding the hammer wave is a must with sweaty grifballers

> 2533274796695769;7:
> > 2533274808701072;3:
> > > 2535447979542749;2:
> > > In halo 3:
> > >
> > > aim at floor with hammer
> > > Jump
> > > slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
> > > profit
> > >
> > > Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.
> >
> > This also works quite well in reach. Hammer jumps can get you 3/4 of the way across court.
>
> This explains the serious air I been seeing! The gravity in some of the maps seems really low as well as I’ve noticed I can be launched clear out of the arena even if the hit itself didn’t kill me. Especially if I’m the ball carrier in the middle of a jump.
> Do you aim at the persons head or feet for the most accurate strike?

Please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks

> 2533274880633045;9:
> > 2533274796695769;7:
> > > 2533274808701072;3:
> > > > 2535447979542749;2:
> > > > In halo 3:
> > > >
> > > > aim at floor with hammer
> > > > Jump
> > > > slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
> > > > profit
> > > >
> > > > Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.
> > >
> > > This also works quite well in reach. Hammer jumps can get you 3/4 of the way across court.
> >
> > This explains the serious air I been seeing! The gravity in some of the maps seems really low as well as I’ve noticed I can be launched clear out of the arena even if the hit itself didn’t kill me. Especially if I’m the ball carrier in the middle of a jump.
> > Do you aim at the persons head or feet for the most accurate strike?
>
> Please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks

I Thought I was just replying to to people. The only option seems to be “Quote” and “:Report”. None of them say “Reply”, except if I wanted to reply to my own original post. I see the “Edit” option but again only as an option for the original post as well so I thought I was supposed to use the “Quote” option as a “Reply” Button. Am I using it wrong? I didn’t know how to respond to this without pressing the “Quote” button again so I apologize in advance. I’m not trying to piss off mods. Having to actually look at the word “Quote” be typed with actual quotation marks this many times is enough to send most off the edge. Do know that I take this risk in earnest.

> 2533274796695769;10:
> > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > 2533274796695769;7:
> > > > 2533274808701072;3:
> > > > > 2535447979542749;2:
> > > > > In halo 3:
> > > > >
> > > > > aim at floor with hammer
> > > > > Jump
> > > > > slam hammer into floor almost as soon as you start jumping
> > > > > profit
> > > > >
> > > > > Also griffball is more competitive due to it being rotated in and out of modes.
> > > >
> > > > This also works quite well in reach. Hammer jumps can get you 3/4 of the way across court.
> > >
> > > This explains the serious air I been seeing! The gravity in some of the maps seems really low as well as I’ve noticed I can be launched clear out of the arena even if the hit itself didn’t kill me. Especially if I’m the ball carrier in the middle of a jump.
> > > Do you aim at the persons head or feet for the most accurate strike?
> >
> > Please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
>
> I Thought I was just replying to to people. The only option seems to be “Quote” and “:Report”. None of them say “Reply”, except if I wanted to reply to my own original post. I see the “Edit” option but again only as an option for the original post as well so I thought I was supposed to use the “Quote” option as a “Reply” Button. Am I using it wrong? I didn’t know how to respond to this without pressing the “Quote” button again so I apologize in advance. I’m not trying to piss off mods. Having to actually look at the word “Quote” be typed with actual quotation marks this many times is enough to send most off the edge. Do know that I take this risk in earnest.

You can quote multiple people in the same reply. So, after typing this to you, if I wanted to quote another person, I would just go to their reply and click “Quote” again and their reply would appear in a box below this.