Griffball is ruined

Am I the only one who isn’t really enjoying the “new” Griffball mechanics? Griffball pro just feels so much slower and less interesting to me, I wish they would have just made a separate playlist for it. Just can’t get into the new play style for it, I feel like a glass cannon that has been handicapped, I loved the speed and now that limited with what they took out and tweaked, I just want old Halo 5 Griffball back.

can’t you just play something else if it boring to you?
If you dont like it dont play it?
was that any help?
srsly?

can’t you just play something else if it boring to you?
If you dont like it dont play it?
was that any help?
srsly?

> 2533274885241057;1:
> Am I the only one who isn’t really enjoying the “new” Griffball mechanics? Griffball pro just feels so much slower and less interesting to me, I wish they would have just made a separate playlist for it. Just can’t get into the new play style for it, I feel like a glass cannon that has been handicapped, I loved the speed and now that limited with what they took out and tweaked, I just want old Halo 5 Griffball back.

I haven’t played grifball since update, but I’ll check it out.
So what are precisely the new mechanics, and what are they like?

> 2533275074596704;4:
> > 2533274885241057;1:
> > Am I the only one who isn’t really enjoying the “new” Griffball mechanics? Griffball pro just feels so much slower and less interesting to me, I wish they would have just made a separate playlist for it. Just can’t get into the new play style for it, I feel like a glass cannon that has been handicapped, I loved the speed and now that limited with what they took out and tweaked, I just want old Halo 5 Griffball back.
>
> I haven’t played grifball since update, but I’ll check it out.
> So what are precisely the new mechanics, and what are they like?

They removed spartan charge, removed increased lunge with sprint, lowered health, and higher damage. In my opinion it made it just so slow feeling compared to how action packed it felt before. Just can’t enjoy it as much as the pre update version.

> 2535471049165824;3:
> can’t you just play something else if it boring to you?
> If you dont like it dont play it?
> was that any help?
> srsly?

I liked grifball before, of course I can just play something different. Doesn’t stop me from complaining about the removal of things I enjoyed about the gametype. Just as nothing stops you from making snarky remarks for no reason.

> 2533274885241057;6:
> > 2535471049165824;3:
> > can’t you just play something else if it boring to you?
> > If you dont like it dont play it?
> > was that any help?
> > srsly?
>
> I liked grifball before, of course I can just play something different. Doesn’t stop me from complaining about the removal of things I enjoyed about the gametype. Just as nothing stops you from making snarky remarks for no reason.

Aside from the removal of Spartan Charge the base running speed has not changed. It may ‘feel’ slower due to decreased gravity which increases jump height, but you go from standstill to maximum speed 90% sooner. Grif runs 9.4% faster in the new version. Spartan Charge should have never been in the game.

You can see the complete changes here.

I don’t like it. The lower gravity is my main problem. It’s now way to easy to score by just blasting yourself into the air with a hammer strike and then ground pounding into the score zone.

> 2533274806698520;8:
> Aside from the removal of Spartan Charge the base running speed has not changed. It may ‘feel’ slower due to decreased gravity which increases jump height, but you go from standstill to maximum speed 90% sooner. Grif runs 9.4% faster in the new version. Spartan Charge should have never been in the game.
>
> You can see the complete changes here.

It may “run faster” on paper, but it definitely feels slower and the games to me seem to get so drawn out compared to old grifball, less action. You can be a purist about the spartan charge, but I still think they should have made two game types for it for those of us who did ENJOY it.

It only feels slower.to you. It is not actually slower.

Having Spartan Charge in Grifball is like having tackling in Basketball. It may be fun to some, but it has no place in Basketball. You don’t need to be a Basketball purist to see that.

> 2533274806698520;11:
> It only feels slower.to you. It is not actually slower.
>
> Having Spartan Charge in Grifball is like having tackling in Basketball. It may be fun to some, but it has no place in Basketball. You don’t need to be a Basketball purist to see that.

But its not Basketball…

why take out spartan charge? It’s part of halo 5…

> 2533274885241057;5:
> > 2533275074596704;4:
> > > 2533274885241057;1:
> > > Am I the only one who isn’t really enjoying the “new” Griffball mechanics? Griffball pro just feels so much slower and less interesting to me, I wish they would have just made a separate playlist for it. Just can’t get into the new play style for it, I feel like a glass cannon that has been handicapped, I loved the speed and now that limited with what they took out and tweaked, I just want old Halo 5 Griffball back.
> >
> > I haven’t played grifball since update, but I’ll check it out.
> > So what are precisely the new mechanics, and what are they like?
>
> They removed spartan charge, removed increased lunge with sprint, lowered health, and higher damage. In my opinion it made it just so slow feeling compared to how action packed it felt before. Just can’t enjoy it as much as the pre update version.

that’s just disappointing :frowning:

I like it, less sublimity BS in play and the physics wirk so much better. It plays a lot more like actual griffball, the original h5 version had tacked on gimmicks and just ruined my enjoyment for it.