Griffball has been 343ed

Why couldn’t they just remove thruster pack and ground pound?

>Haven’t even played it yet
>Already complaining

> 2533274808210415;2:
> >Haven’t even played it yet
> >Already complaining

I call it “Don’t fix what’s not broken”

I dunno if we’re being a little too harsh, I mean 343i Grifball is going to be better than no Grifball.

> 2533274844459001;3:
> > 2533274808210415;2:
> > >Haven’t even played it yet
> > >Already complaining
>
>
> I call it “Don’t fix what’s not broken”

They haven’t 343i’d it at all. Grifball has always evolved to take advantage of the game’s mechanics and abilities. Halo 5 has thrusters and ground pound and so Grifball will utilize them.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> > 2533274844459001;3:
> > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > >Haven’t even played it yet
> > > >Already complaining
> >
> >
> > I call it “Don’t fix what’s not broken”
>
>
> They haven’t 343i’d it at all. Grifball has always evolved to take advantage of the game’s mechanics and abilities. Halo 5 has thrusters and ground pound and so Grifball will utilize them.

This and it sounds awesome!

People need to stop living in the past.

This is Halo 5, you can’t expect them to dumb down the game. Jeeze.

They’re not fixing they’re polishing :stuck_out_tongue:

Noooooooo you were the chosen one

Tell you what. Play it first, Then if you don’t like it come back and voice your opinion. If enough people don’t like it 343 should be able to just flip those switches in the playlist to turn the abilities off.

Personally I think its going to be good addition to the game. The only downside is that forgers will need to build taller arenas to make use of it. No more simple rectangular or square boxes for us.

I think that it would add a new dynamic to the game, instead of just running around and pounding people with the grav hammer.

Actually…I joined Nokyard’s custom game a few weeks ago, and found myself on a sweet Grifball map he had been forging. He was testing out placement of man cannons at two spots on the midway sidelines, to allow players to use them to turn and ground pound enemies, including the ball carrier (of course, future ball at that point). Interesting use of the mechanic, and I could not get the hang of it, but other players were pulling off sweet mid air reversals of direction for the ground pound after launch. Had to hold my tongue from my usual salty game talk, as he was broadcasting on Twitter and I didn’t want to make more of an -Yoink- of myself :wink:

Grifball talk…now my Forge mojo is coming back, I made so many of them in Halo Reach for the fun and joy of it. I put a killball in one just to annoy :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274808210415;2:
> >Haven’t even played it yet
> >Already complaining

Exactly. This latest generation of kids. It’s tiring.

Can’t wait i think the thruster packs and ground pounds will add a new layer of strategy to the game

Oh im gunna have some fun with the ground pound in this.

> 2533274844459001;3:
> > 2533274808210415;2:
> > >Already complaining
>
>

343 doesn’t know the meaning of that sentence. “it’s not broken? don’t worry we will fix it.” -343

> 2533274844459001;1:
> http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/02/12/february-halo-5-update-will-pack-griffball-more/
>
> Why couldn’t they just remove thruster pack and ground pound?

You know what else sucks? Halo 6 and 7! Man they blow! Why couldn’t they just leave the thruster pack alone and why do we have insert future feature here easing up our games! Ugh… You suck 343!

Why wouldn’t you want thrusters and GP in grifball? All Grifballs had their own taste. I wonder if we’ll still be able to throw the ball though. Did y’all really expect a barebones grifball? Maybe in another variant lol, but this was expected and hinted at earlier.

> 2533274844459001;3:
> > 2533274808210415;2:
> > >Already complaining
>
>

I call it “Old things break easier than new things”

> 2533274921838152;19:
> > 2533274844459001;3:
> > > 2533274808210415;2:
> > > >Haven’t even played it yet
> > > >Already complaining
> >
> >
> > I call it “Don’t fix what’s not broken”
>
>
> I call it “Old things break easier than new things”

Well that’s just not true, my old phone survived 6 years, my new phone cracked in 4 weeks!!.
Anyway. Grifball has adapted as people have said already, and they said they pulled what could be called Grifball expects to help with the design and playtest, while it may have thrusters we don’t know at what power level, duration, recharge time, it will have ground pound, but again, what power level, charge time?

Original Grifball made do with what they had at the time, if they waited until later it would have been different from the start. I’m going to try it because I decide if the charges are good or bad.
And who knows, maybe only the ball carrier can ground pound!