Griffball and Infection Updates?

Firstly regarding Griffball: are there ever going to be measures to prevent spawn camping? Perhaps putting the spawn behind the goal on an elevated platform but a killzone timer to force the players to advance.

Secondly regarding Infection: how often does 343 update the map list? The current map list is starting to feel a little tired.

Infection maps are picked from this submission thread. I agree its definitely time for some change.

I like infections maps but yes I could definitely use some more and take away power installation 04 and put in Trypal’s new map enshround

I’m surprised they haven’t removed Power Installation considering people can exploit the sparks coming out of the wall to get kills.

I thought they did remove Power Installation. I can’t remember the last time I played on it

> 2535409328941065;5:
> I thought they did remove Power Installation. I can’t remember the last time I played on it

I can confirm it’s still in rotation.

Honestly Infection can use an Update, playing the same thing can be very boring

There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game

Infection in halo 5 doesn’t do it for me. Since 343 took over the infection/flood has been bad.

> 2533274925853103;9:
> Infection in halo 5 doesn’t do it for me. Since 343 took over the infection/flood has been bad.

I miss alpha zombies sometimes. Infection as is seems balanced to give zombies a better chance and most of the humans anymore can only survive by finding choke points. I can’t do what I used to do in Reach Alpha Zombies, which was go zombie hunting.

> 2533274811192667;8:
> There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game

You sure there’s no way to prevent it? It seems to me that making a few alterations to the maps would take of it just fine.

> 2535409328941065;10:
> > 2533274925853103;9:
> > Infection in halo 5 doesn’t do it for me. Since 343 took over the infection/flood has been bad.
>
> I miss alpha zombies sometimes. Infection as is seems balanced to give zombies a better chance and most of the humans anymore can only survive by finding choke points. I can’t do what I used to do in Reach Alpha Zombies, which was go zombie hunting.

I promise you can still go zombie hunting and it is balanced while zombies have thrusters and very long lunge distance humans can pick up weapons to make it easier for example if you play on the map riptide you can stand on stage with sniper and swap between stage courtyard and top mid to hunt the zombies down or you can use shotgun and railgun and run around the map finding zombies although infection is full of sweats (like myself) I didnt like alpha zombies in halo reach because it seemed like every round was dead as it started unless zombies got some people at the beginning

I miss the flood models in halo 4, that was something I really enjoyed from 343s first infection.

Halo 3 GB spawn killing was worse. Players would easily get 100+ kills if they were a coordinated team.

> 2535409328941065;11:
> > 2533274811192667;8:
> > There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game
>
> You sure there’s no way to prevent it? It seems to me that making a few alterations to the maps would take of it just fine.

Making any dead zones for players would alter how the maps play out. changing the spawn points to a different location (height, platform, distance, etc.) will put respawning players too far from defending the bomb plant.

> 2533274811192667;15:
> > 2535409328941065;11:
> > > 2533274811192667;8:
> > > There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game
> >
> > You sure there’s no way to prevent it? It seems to me that making a few alterations to the maps would take of it just fine.
>
> Making any dead zones for players would alter how the maps play out. changing the spawn points to a different location (height, platform, distance, etc.) will put respawning players too far from defending the bomb plant.

I would think that players would take the extra 2 seconds it takes to jump down from a small ledge over the time it takes to get a spawn away from a guy spamming his gravity hammer.

> 2535409328941065;16:
> > 2533274811192667;15:
> > > 2535409328941065;11:
> > > > 2533274811192667;8:
> > > > There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game
> > >
> > > You sure there’s no way to prevent it? It seems to me that making a few alterations to the maps would take of it just fine.
> >
> > Making any dead zones for players would alter how the maps play out. changing the spawn points to a different location (height, platform, distance, etc.) will put respawning players too far from defending the bomb plant.
>
> I would think that players would take the extra 2 seconds it takes to jump down from a small ledge over the time it takes to get a spawn away from a guy spamming his gravity hammer.

There are multiple tactics to get away from being spawn killed. Also, go in with a team of people to help keep yourself from getting spawn killed. Personally, as a grifball player, those (2) seconds you state make the difference between winning and losing many games

> 2533274811192667;17:
> > 2535409328941065;16:
> > > 2533274811192667;15:
> > > > 2535409328941065;11:
> > > > > 2533274811192667;8:
> > > > > There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game
> > > >
> > > > You sure there’s no way to prevent it? It seems to me that making a few alterations to the maps would take of it just fine.
> > >
> > > Making any dead zones for players would alter how the maps play out. changing the spawn points to a different location (height, platform, distance, etc.) will put respawning players too far from defending the bomb plant.
> >
> > I would think that players would take the extra 2 seconds it takes to jump down from a small ledge over the time it takes to get a spawn away from a guy spamming his gravity hammer.
>
> There are multiple tactics to get away from being spawn killed. Also, go in with a team of people to help keep yourself from getting spawn killed. Personally, as a grifball player, those (2) seconds you state make the difference between winning and losing many games

What tactics can I use to get away from spawn killers?

> 2533274925853103;9:
> Infection in halo 5 doesn’t do it for me. Since 343 took over the infection/flood has been bad.

Yeah because Reach’s shooting fish in a barrel from an exploited spot with magnums was so much more fun. /s
It was heavily lopsided in the survivors’ favor and Bungie did next to nothing to fix it. H5 has had some issues, such as the invisible wall on that camping level, but it got patched for example. Reach and H4 were by far the worst for infection…

> 2535427658732937;13:
> I miss the flood models in halo 4, that was something I really enjoyed from 343s first infection.

I didnt care too much about their crab people design. The flood model in MCC’s H2A infection was much more intimidating while remaining lore-friendly

> 2535409328941065;11:
> > 2533274811192667;8:
> > There is no way to prevent Grifball Spawn killing. It has been a part of the game since Halo 3. The only things that may help is that rounds end when someone scores the ball instead of a constant game
>
> You sure there’s no way to prevent it? It seems to me that making a few alterations to the maps would take of it just fine.

Believe me that the Grifball community has tried everything you can think of and then some.

Everything that prevents spawn killing also comes with penalties to your time such as not being able to get carriers kills when needed.