Grifball

Well done guys you’ve successfully ruined Grifball

I get the whole no one should team kill idea, trust me I reaaallly do

But the whole betrayal booting thing? the whole purpose of the gametype is to smash the -Yoink- out of the enemy team with massive shock wave inducing hammers

so i ask you this.

Is it MY FAULT if my “teammates” decide to stand next to me?

If you really want to stop teamkilling in grifball, turn off Friendly Fire? It’s not really fair if some -Yoink- teammate stands too close to the BIG, SCARY HAMMER, WHICH HE ALSO HAS IN HIS HAND, gets hit, dies then gets salty

This may have came off as a bit of a rage but currently waiting 47 mins on a ban being lifted because of the afore mentioned problems
I just want to reiterate, I totally get it if its INTENTIONAL TEAM KILLING but come on…

I think FF should stay, but betrayal booting has definitely got to go. There is no honor system when dealing with the internet. People can’t be trusted to not kick a teammate for accidental teamkilling in griffball, even if doing so is against their best interests.

Many times I have been booted for unaware teammates blindly running into my swings. However I do think booting should remain, but at a more flexible standard.

In the past, there have been times where teammates would purposely betray since they want the other team to win. I would want the boot option available for those times. So perhaps just have the boot option available if a particular player reaches about 10 betrayals in a certain time period or something like it.

What do you guys think will happen if booting is removed? Seriously? You’re opening the gates for every troll on xbl to join grifball and ruin it for everyone else. You guys are going to kill grifball just cause you can’t figure out that smashing your hammer by team mates is a bad idea.

> 2533274886531207;4:
> What do you guys think will happen if booting is removed? Seriously? You’re opening the gates for every troll on xbl to join grifball and ruin it for everyone else. You guys are going to kill grifball just cause you can’t figure out that smashing your hammer by team mates is a bad idea.

I can tell you blindly posted this since my post actually implies that I want booting to stay.

since posting this, quit halo, opened it again, checked my time

+1 hour on top

apparently 343 dont like getting hate on the interwebs :smiley:

We need to correct or find a system for people who do spawn kill. The parties are unplayable and those who make it to the pros take while they are BIG s***.
Put a delay of 2-3 sec once you start or we advance a few meters.
It irritates me that people are anti-play.

I completely agree with OP. I only play grifball with buddies for this very reason. So dumb there’s team killing in such a game mode.

Grifball is broken…lets see bans for unaware teammates running into hammer swings…
intended team kills…
and I played a match not long ago. And there was this guy with grenades in grifball court like wtf come on grenades in grifball this has gotta be a glitch or something

“Aim before you shoot”

> 2533274960895018;1:
> Well done guys you’ve successfully ruined Grifball
>
> I get the whole no one should team kill idea, trust me I really do
>
> But the whole betrayal booting thing? the whole purpose of the game type is to smash the -Yoink- out of the enemy team with massive shock wave inducing hammers
>
> so i ask you this.
>
> Is it MY FAULT if my “teammates” decide to stand next to me?
>
> If you really want to stop team killing in grifball, turn off Friendly Fire? It’s not really fair if some -Yoink- teammate stands too close to the BIG, SCARY HAMMER, WHICH HE ALSO HAS IN HIS HAND, gets hit, dies then gets salty
>
> This may have came off as a bit of a rage but currently waiting 47 mins on a ban being lifted because of the before mentioned problems
> I just want to reiterate, I totally get it if its INTENTIONAL TEAM KILLING but come on…

OP i feel your pain. I fix your spelling error. You think by now that 343i would fix the Grifball betrayal booting by removing it from game by doing the Update on Halo 5.

> 2535405450804460;10:
> “Aim before you shoot”

Aim? Where? Hammer shoot?.. Are you telling me that Grifball is Swat?.. haaaaaahhhhaaaa >_>…

Needs to be fixed !!!

this is horrendous, I might just give up on grifball

after last nights shenanigans, decided I’d play a game of grifball see if i can have a nice relaxed game
half way through the game guess what happens?
triple smash but ones a team mate he gets salty af
Kicked

Hit with this:
http://imgur.com/tUVmGV7

One game, kicked from one -Yoinking!- game…

343 please I urge you to fix your -Yoink-

[Edit] Thanks to 343 for adding the file browser today so I can show them, with their own tools, just how broken this banwave is!

Check out why im banned for 6 hours:

> <em>https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=BRNJLF95#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_BRNJLF95_04936e45-e3de-42ce-8555-cb4e5934be46</em>

> 2533274886531207;4:
> What do you guys think will happen if booting is removed? Seriously? You’re opening the gates for every troll on xbl to join grifball and ruin it for everyone else. You guys are going to kill grifball just cause you can’t figure out that smashing your hammer by team mates is a bad idea.

Not trying to be a -Yoink- here, but it’s really obvious you only picked some words of the OP to -Yoink- about

What I was trying to say is that I can’t always be held responsible if my idiot team mate wants to try and grind on me in a game with AoE weapons

Grifball is basically a type of situation where its

Kill or be Banned

(In accordance with the rules listed there, I’ve moved my Grifball comments to THE OFFICIAL HALO 5 “WHY WAS I BANNED?” THREAD)

Do betrayal kills count as kills? For your K/D and other stats.

> 2533274851995276;16:
> (In accordance with the rules listed there, I’ve moved my Grifball comments to THE OFFICIAL HALO 5 “WHY WAS I BANNED?” THREAD)

link?

> 2533274875982754;17:
> Do betrayal kills count as kills? For your K/D and other stats.

obviously not

> 2535469600463812;9:
> Grifball is broken…lets see bans for unaware teammates running into hammer swings…
> intended team kills…
> and I played a match not long ago. And there was this guy with grenades in grifball court like wtf come on grenades in grifball this has gotta be a glitch or something

Another map exploit. Had a team of 3 do this 2 matches in a row. Add that to the broken lifts, JIP spawns outside the court, and phasing into blocks… it’s a 10/10 game mode