Grifball New Forge Maps Problems

I am very happy about the new Grifball maps but there are quite a few problems that could be fixed that I have encountered in the Forge Maps

1st Problem: The first thing I realized is that the new map “Grif Temple” does not show your team before the game, it just starts you on the map with the gravity hammer in your hand and you just go out onto the court to kill some scrubs. I liked on the Grifball Court it showed your team before and after the match once you won or were starting the game up. It doesnt make sense to have one map not have that and the rest to have the showing of your team.

2nd Problem: Grifball Court had a problem that 343 fixed but for some odd reason brought back. They the option “Mark the betrayer?” back into the new maps which is absolutely ridiculous considering it is Grifball and betraying your teammates is bound to happen. For some odd reason they decided to bring it back which is very dumb on their part. I am hoping they will fix this problem because I am guessing they may have had it as a default option on the new maps but if they keep it I might play a lot less Grifball because I don’t wanna play Grifball and be paranoid playing and accidentally killing teammate. Cause knowing Grifball you will get that rager on your team who will boot you from the game and I don’t want that

3rd Problem: I have realized that on the new map “Frontier” that once I spawned into the map, My whole team was stuck underneath the map. The thing the made me the most mad was that I was swinging my hammer and betrayed everyone on my team so they had the chance to play on the map as they respawned while I was stuck under the map. (if you want to see an example of what I’m talking about check my twitter account for the video on it under my account.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions about the new Grifball maps and what you think should happen with the ridiculous betrayal option and spawning underneath the map on “Frontier”

I just got online and started playing tonight, it put me on two new maps in grifball that are not very good. the first game I played (don’t now the map name its the one with the see thru floor)it glitched right out of the gate and thru me backwards off the map for a suicide, respawned , hit the same guy four times point blank and I died, something wrong with that. and no im not new to this game check my record. second game hits not counting, at moderate range or point blank and got gliched around the map, and so did the other players, and no its not my internet.

> 2535468124545381;2:
> I just got online and started playing tonight, it put me on two new maps in grifball that are not very good. the first game I played (don’t now the map name its the one with the see thru floor)it glitched right out of the gate and thru me backwards off the map for a suicide, respawned , hit the same guy four times point blank and I died, something wrong with that. and no im not new to this game check my record. second game hits not counting, at moderate range or point blank and got gliched around the map, and so did the other players, and no its not my internet.

Yeah its definently not you. Its the new Forge user Created maps that were made by the Halo fans. They aren’t professionals and im not hating on them at all. Just need 343 to tweak their maps a little bit and they will be fine. Im hoping they released them today so us users could have a sort of “mini beta testing” and report here if we have any issues which we have already

> 2533274925749417;3:
> > 2535468124545381;2:
> > I just got online and started playing tonight, it put me on two new maps in grifball that are not very good. the first game I played (don’t now the map name its the one with the see thru floor)it glitched right out of the gate and thru me backwards off the map for a suicide, respawned , hit the same guy four times point blank and I died, something wrong with that. and no im not new to this game check my record. second game hits not counting, at moderate range or point blank and got gliched around the map, and so did the other players, and no its not my internet.
>
>
> Yeah its definently not you. Its the new Forge user Created maps that were made by the Halo fans. They aren’t professionals and im not hating on them at all. Just need 343 to tweak their maps a little bit and they will be fine. Im hoping they released them today so us users could have a sort of “mini beta testing” and report here if we have any issues which we have already

Isn’t it 343’s responsibility to overlook these maps before adding them into matchmaking in the first place? Kind of silly if you ask me.

Id like to know if anyone has had any problems with the map ‘Crows court’ since RBG Persian and I spent 3 weeks making it perfect so no glitches like this would happen. Other forgers forged very lazily and left lots of issues with their maps but not being able to hit someone and teleporting is not the forgers fault, its actually connection issues.

> 2533274884969133;5:
> Id like to know if anyone has had any problems with the map ‘Crows court’ since RBG Persian and I spent 3 weeks making it perfect so no glitches like this would happen. Other forgers forged very lazily and left lots of issues with their maps but not being able to hit someone and teleporting is not the forgers fault, its actually connection issues.

Actually your Grifball map is actually one of the best ones. It has no glitches like you said you tried to master and it is fun to mess around on the sides. Also I was playing with a full fireteam and they were all wondering how to get to the turret at the victory screen. Any hints?

I have a feel that at the beginning of Grif Temple you die on purpose not a glitch. It’s an homage to old school Red vs Blue episodes - and they died or got hurt in stupid manners all the time. I thought it was funny.

I think frontier traps you so I hate that map

> 2533274818508074;7:
> I have a feel that at the beginning of Grif Temple you die on purpose not a glitch. It’s an homage to old school Red vs Blue episodes - and they died or got hurt in stupid manners all the time. I thought it was funny.

There is no death glitch on grif temple he was complaining about not being able to see himself before or after the match. I find this a childish thing to complain about. I as a forger am not concerned about what anyone looks like in their (or my own) armor and do not make these maps for the people who are concerned how much req they receive either. I make these maps for people who enjoy the game for the pure theme of fun.

> 2535468124545381;2:
> I just got online and started playing tonight, it put me on two new maps in grifball that are not very good. the first game I played (don’t now the map name its the one with the see thru floor)it glitched right out of the gate and thru me backwards off the map for a suicide, respawned , hit the same guy four times point blank and I died, something wrong with that. and no im not new to this game check my record. second game hits not counting, at moderate range or point blank and got gliched around the map, and so did the other players, and no its not my internet.

That particular problem is not the fault of the map or it’s creator. That is a connection issue and most likely on the side of the guy you were swinging at. I’ve run into that problem on 343 maps and even other game types.

I have a small problem with the map Bloodsport. While it is huge fun to have the ramps on both sides and get continual ground pound kills. You have to score by jumping into the goals from the side and it doesn’t always register, even if you fly right through it with the bomb. That cost my team a win last night. Lost by one point with 30 seconds left. We should have scored man… We had it. But no explosion and excitement was had. Only rage and bitterness were found.

> 2533274897488893;9:
> > 2533274818508074;7:
> > I have a feel that at the beginning of Grif Temple you die on purpose not a glitch. It’s an homage to old school Red vs Blue episodes - and they died or got hurt in stupid manners all the time. I thought it was funny.
>
>
> There is no death glitch on grif temple he was complaining about not being able to see himself before or after the match. I find this a childish thing to complain about. I as a forger am not concerned about what anyone looks like in their (or my own) armor and do not make these maps for the people who are concerned how much req they receive either. I make these maps for people who enjoy the game for the pure theme of fun.

Yeah but when you have all the other maps supporting the showing off of your team it is annoying to have 1 map that doesn’t. I believe High Charity also has the problem where you dont see yourself at the end of the game as well. Not a big deal and It wouldnt be super bad to not have it. Just would be nice if the creator added you jumping off the temple roofs onto the map. That would be awesome. And of course showing your team at the end of the game

bloodsport is good for pounds though

> 2533274925749417;12:
> > 2533274897488893;9:
> > > 2533274818508074;7:
> > > I have a feel that at the beginning of Grif Temple you die on purpose not a glitch. It’s an homage to old school Red vs Blue episodes - and they died or got hurt in stupid manners all the time. I thought it was funny.
> >
> >
> > There is no death glitch on grif temple he was complaining about not being able to see himself before or after the match. I find this a childish thing to complain about. I as a forger am not concerned about what anyone looks like in their (or my own) armor and do not make these maps for the people who are concerned how much req they receive either. I make these maps for people who enjoy the game for the pure theme of fun.
>
>
> Yeah but when you have all the other maps supporting the showing off of your team it is annoying to have 1 map that doesn’t. I believe High Charity also has the problem where you dont see yourself at the end of the game as well. Not a big deal and It wouldnt be super bad to not have it. Just would be nice if the creator added you jumping off the temple roofs onto the map. That would be awesome. And of course showing your team at the end of the game

So are all the other halo games suddenly bad because they didn’t show your characters at the beginning or end of each match?

> 2533274897488893;14:
> > 2533274925749417;12:
> > > 2533274897488893;9:
> > > > 2533274818508074;7:
> > > > I have a feel that at the beginning of Grif Temple you die on purpose not a glitch. It’s an homage to old school Red vs Blue episodes - and they died or got hurt in stupid manners all the time. I thought it was funny.
> > >
> > >
> > > There is no death glitch on grif temple he was complaining about not being able to see himself before or after the match. I find this a childish thing to complain about. I as a forger am not concerned about what anyone looks like in their (or my own) armor and do not make these maps for the people who are concerned how much req they receive either. I make these maps for people who enjoy the game for the pure theme of fun.
> >
> >
> > Yeah but when you have all the other maps supporting the showing off of your team it is annoying to have 1 map that doesn’t. I believe High Charity also has the problem where you dont see yourself at the end of the game as well. Not a big deal and It wouldnt be super bad to not have it. Just would be nice if the creator added you jumping off the temple roofs onto the map. That would be awesome. And of course showing your team at the end of the game
>
>
> So are all the other halo games suddenly bad because they didn’t show your characters at the beginning or end of each match?

No. It just kills the feel of the one game when all the other gamemodes and maps support it.

> 2533274925749417;6:
> > 2533274884969133;5:
> > Id like to know if anyone has had any problems with the map ‘Crows court’ since RBG Persian and I spent 3 weeks making it perfect so no glitches like this would happen. Other forgers forged very lazily and left lots of issues with their maps but not being able to hit someone and teleporting is not the forgers fault, its actually connection issues.
>
>
> Actually your Grifball map is actually one of the best ones. It has no glitches like you said you tried to master and it is fun to mess around on the sides. Also I was playing with a full fireteam and they were all wondering how to get to the turret at the victory screen. Any hints?

xD sry I only just saw this! If you can find a way to get to the turret I’d praise you :’) I spent hours making sure the map wasn’t broken lmao. Sry for extremely late reply :frowning: I never got a notification.