Grifball Betrayal Booting

I have been waiting a long time for Grifball to be released in Halo 5. It is still fun until you get booted for betraying. Whenever you have a gametype with a one hit kill weapon with splash damage and friendly fire, you will betray teammates a LOT.
The betrayal booting system works fine in other game modes. If you kill your teammates enough to get booted, you are probably doing so intentionally. However in Grifball you will betray your teammate unintentionally. We are smashing gravity hammers on the ground everywhere-its going to happen.

I would like 343 to bring back the forgive system. Instead of a system that regards all betrayals as malicious intent, Players should be able to forgive or boot a player who betrayed them a number of times.

I completely agree with this thread! I’m currently playing a game and after two betrayals I get booted like come on some people need to realize that it’s grif ball it’s going to happen! Why do they have to boot? It’s like “Oh a message” *continues to press A. They need to move the boot button to the bottom rather it being the first damn button they press to get the message out of the way…

I always try to select no for most people, but if i get killed for no reason once by that person, (like no enemies around) i’ll probably boot them.

WHAT THE -Yoink- 343? I just got booted for betraying in grifball. Seriously what. the. -Yoink-.

> 2533274865822283;4:
> WHAT THE -Yoink- 343? I just got booted for betraying in grifball. Seriously what. the. -Yoink-.

Please don’t necropost.

Happy New Year!

I know in the past I’ve ACCIDENTALLY booted people in grifball. I get so into it and am well aware that betrayals happen but I’ll be button mashing right about the time the boot screen pops up and I’ll “accept” and POOF my team mate is gone. I’d like to think this is the case for a lot of the people being booted. How could someone not be aware that betrayals happen in grifball, right?

My biggest complaint is that there is NO OPTION to boot in golf. At first I really liked that game but now it seems like all I run into are people that want to betray the whole time. Some of it is accidental. Everyone running up to hit the ball and what-not but there are plenty of examples of people just running up behind you and smacking you with the club when no on else is around. I can’t even enjoy it anymore, unfortunately.

Betrayals are inevitable in Grifball; why not remove the boot system in that mode entirely?

> 2535429593088083;7:
> Betrayals are inevitable in Grifball; why not remove the boot system in that mode entirely?

Yeah its a little annoying to have that feature in grifball, but i can imagine that if they didnt, certain annoying people would kill friendlies ‘for fun’ all through the match. So I guess they cant really just remove the feature. I dont tend to have much issues with being betrayed, it happens probably once/twice a match and usually due to the opening seconds where everyone runs in so hard to avoid.