Grifball Betray Boot

Back in the Halo 3/Reach days, I used to play a LOT of Grifball. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. I tried playing Grifball on Halo 5 a while back, but unfortunately, it’s screwed up. The gameplay is fine and all, but the boots for betraying are ridiculous. It’s Grifball, so you could accidentally betray one of your teammates standing behind/next to you (out of your view). You use your hammer, and BOOM, betrayel. This is a common thing for Grifball, but to have a boot option after 1 or 2 betrayals is ridiculous if you ask me. People will use that button just to screw with other people. That, or they are not familiar with how Grifball works, and they will get angry at you for betraying them, resulting in the same misuse of the boot button. This problem has actually caused me to stop playing Grifball on Halo 5 all together. I only played 3 or 4 games, but I already knew this would keep happening. It also doesn’t help that the Grifball server has so few people using it. Perhaps one of the reasons might be my reason for not playing Grifball as well. I encourage 343i to look into this, may they see it.

I know! and EVEN as the button defaults to “kick player” and is the same button as “jump” caused me to immediately boot players without meaning to!

Of course they should repair that, maybe ask for a confirmation for the expulsion, to go by the ball you end up betraying almost the whole team, and not to mention that it is full of bugs, and had only 4 respawns, it’s a farming game mode, annoying, that’s why i don’t play it anymore

you pretty much said it all; if you wanna make a griffball omelette, youre gonna have to break a few eggs. even if they are stupid enough to get a lot of betrayals, i find it rare to see someone intentionally doing it. we all get hammer happy. and another point worth mentioning is that if you boot someone for an accidental betrayal your team is instantly at a distinct disadvantage. its griffball bros we should just be able to smash stuff with wanton abandon

People would also exploit and go on betraying sprees

> 2533274826890965;5:
> People would also exploit and go on betraying sprees

Nah, I remember that I saw that behavior when most of the opposite team left the match.

its really hard not to get boot

> 2533274826890965;5:
> People would also exploit and go on betraying sprees

Seeing who I have on my team, I could see myself doing this.

The nature of Grifball will always have betrayals, accidental or not.

Simply they could just turn on phasing against team players in matchmaking, that would solve the problem. Griffball shouldn’t be about betraying…it’s just a way to ruin it for others. If people are that desperate to betray then they probably should stick to custom games.

I stopped after 3 tbh

betraying should be remove entirely

Play with headset and communicate

I kinda stip playing grifball a few weeks after release simply because i was getting bored of the same map over and over again. Plus you got people from contempt farming in there as well as that betrayal you mentioned. I ultimately think that it shouldve been removed a long time ago

Have they not resolved this problem still, oh my lord, it has been asked so many times to take off the Grifball booting but they have not even responded to it!!

I know they took of betrayal booting back around the Hammer Storm update, but was it really necessary to bring it back??

It’s stupid that its even an option in the first place for GrifBall.

I agree with this, I was one of the few people who kept the Reach community of Grifball up back in the day, but under a different name than I have now. Likewise I also was one of the first to make a post about this in the community, when Halo 5 Grifball dropped. I used to play a lot as well back in Reach, and dealt with many teammates betraying me and many farmers. I used to hate it but would put up with it and usually never came across those players again.

Now in Halo 5, I worry playing a match because someone jumps over me, or purposely jumps in front of me when swinging the hammer, and immediately boots me the second they die. I mean they were spamming the boot button immediately. It’s pretty obvious some of these players do it on purpose and are taking advantage of the betrayal system to get people temp banned or to be a troll. It should be like it was in previous Halo games, or turning off betrayal at the least. Grifball is Grifball, you’re bound to get hit with a hammer a few times, it shouldn’t be warranting of a boot.

I try to only play with friends in this game mode due to this because we know we won’t boot each other and that this happened as part of the game. We say oops sorry and go on. And that is how it should work. The betrayals need to be off or booting does one. Why? Players of video games are human, and a portion of those are highly immature.

Partially why I stopped after halo 3

> 2533274872316412;1:
> Back in the Halo 3/Reach days, I used to play a LOT of Grifball. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. I tried playing Grifball on Halo 5 a while back, but unfortunately, it’s screwed up. The gameplay is fine and all, but the boots for betraying are ridiculous. It’s Grifball, so you could accidentally betray one of your teammates standing behind/next to you (out of your view). You use your hammer, and BOOM, betrayel. This is a common thing for Grifball, but to have a boot option after 1 or 2 betrayals is ridiculous if you ask me. People will use that button just to screw with other people. That, or they are not familiar with how Grifball works, and they will get angry at you for betraying them, resulting in the same misuse of the boot button. This problem has actually caused me to stop playing Grifball on Halo 5 all together. I only played 3 or 4 games, but I already knew this would keep happening. It also doesn’t help that the Grifball server has so few people using it. Perhaps one of the reasons might be my reason for not playing Grifball as well. I encourage 343i to look into this, may they see it.

The issue is there are no shields in Halo 5 grifball. You can actually kill someone behind you with the swing of a hammer.
I stopped playing Grifball becuase of the booting.