Grif ball betrayals

Ive been booted from at least 3 games of grifball because ive betrayed people and theyve choosen to kick me…
Everyone has gravity hammers and everyone is going to the same or similar locations: to kill grif.
Ive had the message to boot people from the game many times per game but I don’t because it is unstoppable with the damage gravity hammers do especially when team mates go for the same player.
Please remove the betrayal bootings for grifball

> 2535431611542698;1:
> Ive been booted from at least 3 games of grifball because ive betrayed people and theyve choosen to kick me…
> Everyone has gravity hammers and everyone is going to the same or similar locations: to kill grif.
> Ive had the message to boot people from the game many times per game but I don’t because it is unstoppable with the damage gravity hammers do especially when team mates go for the same player.
> Please remove the betrayal bootings for grifball

What would be worse, a Teammate kicking you for betraying as mentioned in this post, or a Teammate constantly betraying you off spawn without consequences? I think the Later is worse in my opinion.

This has been said a ton of times already.

But for the time being, you should try better hammer control. I’m very careful with my hammer and I rarely betray, and have only been booted once. Sometimes you can be the solution to your own problem! :slight_smile:

Betrayals shall remain on, the booting system for Grifball is being changed in a future update

Oh Magoo, not another Grif betrayal / boot thread.

> 2690096563135647;2:
> > 2535431611542698;1:
> > Ive been booted from at least 3 games of grifball because ive betrayed people and theyve choosen to kick me…
> > Everyone has gravity hammers and everyone is going to the same or similar locations: to kill grif.
> > Ive had the message to boot people from the game many times per game but I don’t because it is unstoppable with the damage gravity hammers do especially when team mates go for the same player.
> > Please remove the betrayal bootings for grifball
>
>
> What would be worse, a Teammate kicking you for betraying as mentioned in this post, or a Teammate constantly betraying you off spawn without consequences? I think the Later is worse in my opinion.

Actually this is worse.
An accidental swing here and there and then BAM! kicked with the possibility of a ban

This isnt the first time grifball was in a game, this system worked well enough in Reach and Halo 4.

Another thread bc it should be fixed. Everyone is flying into the same space with a gravity hammer and things happen. It takes away from the fun that the game should be

This could already be the current setup but I believe that 343 should implement an update where each playlist has an independent threshold for betrayals before giving the option to boot the player. In my opinion, the betrayal threshold should be implemented server-side so that 343 could change the number of betrayals-before-boot on the fly without requiring a game update. Any game logic that can be offloaded to the servers so we don’t need to wait for a game update to be approved for adjustments to come through should be implemented this way. They did something similar in Halo 4 with weapon tuning so that they could adjust weapon damage on the fly.

While I haven’t actually done this yet, I’ve come very close to accidentally booting people by not realizing the option came up in the heat of the moment so I could see someone booting you by accident. I agree it needs to go and now. Griffball obviously wasn’t play tested very well at all.

There should be no betrayal in Grifball

> 2690096563135647;2:
> > 2535431611542698;1:
> > Ive been booted from at least 3 games of grifball because ive betrayed people and theyve choosen to kick me…
> > Everyone has gravity hammers and everyone is going to the same or similar locations: to kill grif.
> > Ive had the message to boot people from the game many times per game but I don’t because it is unstoppable with the damage gravity hammers do especially when team mates go for the same player.
> > Please remove the betrayal bootings for grifball
>
>
> What would be worse, a Teammate kicking you for betraying as mentioned in this post, or a Teammate constantly betraying you off spawn without consequences? I think the Later is worse in my opinion.

How about turning off friendly fire altogether?

For what it’s worth:

> betrayal bans have been tuned, but team is aware of how big an issue… this is and working on a bigger fix for the game mode. thanks for reaching out. @Brav

yep. I have lost a few ultra rare boosts because of this bs

The Hammer is tooooooo good.

> 2560081931056311;3:
> This has been said a ton of times already.
>
> But for the time being, you should try better hammer control. I’m very careful with my hammer and I rarely betray, and have only been booted once. Sometimes you can be the solution to your own problem! :slight_smile:

this made me laugh but i hate when teammates kill me …

> 2533274944914658;13:
> yep. I have lost a few ultra rare boosts because of this bs

Same here, that’s the only problem I have with this. But I just never use boosts for grifball now.

Problem: teammates killing each other in Grifball
(Simple) Solution: Remove “Friendly Fire” from Grifball

I’ve never been booted, just keep betrayals at a maximum of 2 or 3 per game. It really isnt that hard guys. I would much rather be kicked than put up with people runnin aorund slaughtering me without any repercussion

> 2533274862181038;12:
> For what it’s worth:
>
>
>
>
> > betrayal bans have been tuned, but team is aware of how big an issue… this is and working on a bigger fix for the game mode. thanks for reaching out. @Brav

Thanks glad their actually sorting it

> 2533274921838152;18:
> I’ve never been booted, just keep betrayals at a maximum of 2 or 3 per game. It really isnt that hard guys. I would much rather be kicked than put up with people runnin aorund slaughtering me without any repercussion

But its not on purpose its people going into the same location and just trying to take out the enemy with 3 team mates doing the same thing.
Gravity hammers cause instanious death to anyone nearby and when 3 or 4 people are right next to you betrayls are going to happen and its unfair for you to be booted with a risk of ban when its not like its on purpose