Grenades, they're game breaking

Discuss, in my opinion these mini-nukes need to go in the TU as they simply break the game. Im quite tired of being 5 meters away and having my shields wiped by a nade spammer and then getting killed by the already OP pistol which is supposed to be secondary or BR.

I’m going to make a more detailed post of this explaining a lot of reasons my they should be able to be loaded on fallouts fat man.

Wouldn’t say they’re gamebreaking. Their power is a necessity given movement abilities. They’re probably just a little too prevalent, and if the count on map can drop (by reducing the number available on map and making dropped grenades disappear quicker) it should clean up the issue.

I see absolutely no difference in the H5 grenades and past games. I saw your record you play MCC. You should definitely know small team slayer has always been as much about grenades as it has been about gun play. Go play H2 anniversary maps and you will see what I’m talking about

go play Halo 2 Anniversary if you want hand nukes lol

> 2533274844297232;1:
> Discuss, in my opinion these mini-nukes need to go in the TU as they simply break the game. Im quite tired of being 5 meters away and having my shields wiped by a nade spammer and then getting killed by the already OP pistol which is supposed to be secondary or BR.

so you are upset some one used a nade to take out your shields and shoot you with a pistol to finish you off which has been a strategy in halo since halo…?

just making sure i am reading that right.

You should only spawn with one of these at most. Instead we have two on spawn and are able to spam twice as often. I mostly play warzone and the spam is very intense.

> 2533275021804951;5:
> go play Halo 2 Anniversary if you want hand nukes lol

They’re more like cluster bombs, since you can hold twice as many in that game. Reach is the game that had mini-nukes.

I personally use a ton of grenades so I’m kinda bias toward having loads of them. At the same time though, being able to carry six at a time does seem to be a bit much. It’s also extremely annoying when teammates don’t bother to check themselves for even a split second before lobbing everything they got down the hallway… and effectively killing, or setting up the kill of a fellow spartan.

These grenades are just as OP as they were in the Halo Reach Beta. For those that played, you will know what I mean.

I do agree to a certain extent. They are quite reminiscent of the grenades from CoD4:MW. I remember there was a ship map called wet work where everyone would toss the grenades at the beginning and be showered with kills. Not much different in H5 on certain maps.

The Nades are fine in my opinion. There are way more ways to get away from them now than ever before. As far as I know the main nade drama was that there was a bottle neck in Warzone Assault and apparently they are loading people out with one nade to counter that for that specific playlist on the incoming update.

I dont feel the grenades are overpowered in H5. I’m rarely hit by them tbh. I play a lot of WarZone not sure if that factors.

I think friendly fire grenade damage needs to be reduced getting a kills and then getting killed by a teammates grenade because they are trying to get a kill is rather annoying

> 2533275010968401;6:
> > 2533274844297232;1:
> > Discuss, in my opinion these mini-nukes need to go in the TU as they simply break the game. Im quite tired of being 5 meters away and having my shields wiped by a nade spammer and then getting killed by the already OP pistol which is supposed to be secondary or BR.
>
>
> so you are upset some one used a nade to take out your shields and shoot you with a pistol to finish you off which has been a strategy in halo since halo…?
>
> just making sure i am reading that right.

When you’re no where close to the blast radius of that grenade and it knocks 50% of your shields, yes theres a problem when that consistently happens. I see your condescending tone.

> 2533274792778614;11:
> I do agree to a certain extent. They are quite reminiscent of the grenades from CoD4:MW. I remember there was a ship map called wet work where everyone would toss the grenades at the beginning and be showered with kills. Not much different in H5 on certain maps.

lol that was a nae festival then people would have that terrible perk Martyrdome to make it worse. My two least favorite perks in the history of my FPS’s.

COD MW - Matrydome. Have a nade release from your colon upon death. Nade will release even if you don’t have one in your cache.

Halo Reach - Armor Lock. Become the invincible pansy you have always wanted to be. It literally deflects everything and rejouv’s your armor. You can pansify your way to victory while waiting for your friends to help and slow gameplay down to a crawl if your teammates have it too! The pansy defenders of Armor Lock stated that they loved it because it reduced melee and nades. When the defenders were asked what they do when they come out of Armor Lock 95% replied “Melee or nade”. I asked them if they wanted some Tea to go with their Hypocrisy?

nothing op about the grenades. Turn up your volume or buy some headphones, the grenade bounce sound is a dead giveaway for incoming grenades. If you aren’t saving your thruster to avoid grenades then you will die to grenades… a lot. The only time grenade “spam” kills me is if I’m sprinting into a choke point, a foolish mistake… it means you need to slow your game down and use range and teamwork to your advantage.

The blast radius is needed because of all the tools at your disposal to avoid or mitigate damage. A perfectly thrown grenade is going to end up in a kill or no shields, not much spam about it… its map awareness and getting hail mary kills chuckin touchdown grenades like tom brady… But that sort of undermines my argument… cuz he’s a cheater.

But seriously, nothing more rewarding then putting shots on a player, evaluating his escape route in a split second, and throwing an amazing grenade for the cleanup. Absolutely nothing spammy about it… its all skill and halo grenades are my favorite thing in the series.

> 2533274836439997;14:
> I think friendly fire grenade damage needs to be reduced getting a kills and then getting killed by a teammates grenade because they are trying to get a kill is rather annoying

Agree totally with the above

also complaining about nade spam in… warzone of all things? lol… theres a railgun with half the charge time, two bullets per clip, and an airburst function if you miss… plus its an uncommon card. its called the whiplash and its proof why grenades should be the least of your worries in warzone :smiley:

> 2533274934264802;7:
> You should only spawn with one of these at most. Instead we have two on spawn and are able to spam twice as often. I mostly play warzone and the spam is very intense.

They’re patching this in the next big update this week. Everyone only spawns 1 grenade per life.