Grenades should...

Grenades should work like melee. Unless you are right on top of a grenade, two grenades to pop shields and one to kill. No bleed through.

Grenades should be used to weaken a foe before a firefight or kill a wounded foe.

Wow, that would be REALLY underpowered. A grenade released a large explosion and, last I checked, explosions are fatal.

> Wow, that would be REALLY underpowered. A grenade released a large explosion and, last I checked, explosions are fatal.

This.

I really don’t understand why people are complainign so much about grenades. What I do understand, however, is what kind of people complains. And as far as I’m concerned, there are three groups:

1. spammers who simply have luck
  2. people who know when, how and where to throw a grenade
  3. people that neither know when/where to throw and also don’t have much luck

And I really don’t mean that in a derogatory sense or anything like that. Honestly not. But the only ones among my friends who complain about grenades are from the 3rd group. The ones who die significantly more because of grenades than they get kills with them.

So, in my opinion, nerfing grenades doesn’t solve anything. It’s the same like complaining about the sniper rifle being overpowered because some people can use it more effectively than others. Should it be nerfed because of that? No. Instead you should practice with it so you can use it more effectively yourself.

I think the grenades and sniper are right, but the DMR is too useless so the best way to get kills is grenades rather than unreliable nadeheadshot

Also melee shouldn’t work like melee, no bleedthrough is terrible. It’s one of the main issues in reach.

> Wow, that would be REALLY underpowered. A grenade released a large explosion and, last I checked, explosions are fatal.

not when your a super-human soldier with giant metal armor and an alien shield, when you spawn with TWO grenades every time you respawn.

> > Wow, that would be REALLY underpowered. A grenade released a large explosion and, last I checked, explosions are fatal.
>
> not when your a super-human soldier with giant metal armor and an alien shield, when you spawn with TWO grenades every time you respawn.

Canon does not exist inside Multiplayer, in Campaign, elites don’t die from sticky/frag grenade when it’s at their feet on Heroic/Legendary.

In Multiplayer it’s fine.

no, just, no.

I do use granades like melee…

in my file share i have a video where i threw a granade at someone and killed him. :confused:

Just give the grenades the same power as in Reach, but only give people one grenade. That solves your grenade spamming problem right there.

> > Wow, that would be REALLY underpowered. A grenade released a large explosion and, last I checked, explosions are fatal.
>
> not when your a super-human soldier with giant metal armor and an alien shield, when you spawn with TWO grenades every time you respawn.

I know. I don’t know why people try to bring reality into a game about super soliders fighting aliens. All I care about is balanced gameplay. You should be getting team shot, not team naded. Without Armor Lock, these overpowered grenades need a little damage reduction.

I think they worked great in Halo 3, 1 granade to down shields. 2 to kill.

> > > Wow, that would be REALLY underpowered. A grenade released a large explosion and, last I checked, explosions are fatal.
> >
> > not when your a super-human soldier with giant metal armor and an alien shield, when you spawn with TWO grenades every time you respawn.
>
> I know. I don’t know why people try to bring reality into a game about super soliders fighting aliens. All I care about is balanced gameplay. You should be getting team shot, not team naded. Without Armor Lock, these overpowered grenades need a little damage reduction.

Umm, no there fine the way they are.
Soooooo, The rocket shouldnt be a one hit kill?
That makes a giant explosion. But your a super soldier with metal armour and an alien shield. lol

Halo CE grenade damage + Halo 3 grenade timers=bad
Halo CE grenade damage + Halo CE grenade timers=good.

Grenades need to be stronger. (more like Halo CE)

Do you spawn with 2 rocket launchers? No, you don’t. It is a power weapon that has to be fought for and acquired off the map. Something that every player spawns with should not be so powerful.

Now that you mention it Rocket launchers also need to be stronger. Back on the grenade topic I understand what you mean, you cant have everyone spawning with power weapons but honestly they need to be stronger than Reach grenades. It’s tricky to find the right balance.

I like how Grenades are currently handled in Arena. I believe it’s just one off spawn but if you want more you can go get them. I think that helped to reduced the about of grenade lobbing.

If you thought I was being serious about the rocket thing I wasnt lol

Grenades are actually useful in Reach. They should stay the same in Halo 4.