Grenades in Halo: Reach.

I think I speak for all of us when I say grenades need to be nerfed.

Instead of grenades, they’re more like mini-nukes. It’s obvious that they need to be tweaked for the TU.

If you think different, give me your thoughts, I’ll gladly read them.

> I think I speak for all of us when I say grenades need to be nerfed.
>
> Instead of grenades, they’re more like mini-nukes. It’s obvious that they need to be tweaked for the TU.
>
> If you think different, give me your thoughts, I’ll gladly read them.

Sure they do decent damage but the blast radius is pretty small. They used to be mini-nukes in the beta, and if you recall how they were back then you can hardly call them mini-nukes today.

Grenades need a nerf.

> > I think I speak for all of us when I say grenades need to be nerfed.
> >
> > Instead of grenades, they’re more like mini-nukes. It’s obvious that they need to be tweaked for the TU.
> >
> > If you think different, give me your thoughts, I’ll gladly read them.
>
> Sure they do decent damage but the blast radius is pretty small. They used to be mini-nukes in the beta, and if you recall how they were back then you can hardly call them mini-nukes today.

If you compare them to the finished product, you can see that they’re nearly identical.

grenades? we dont have grenades in reach. we have mini nukes.

nerf the SUPER FAST fuse time. thats where the majority of the problem lies.

I never understood how they could bleed through shields, but melee can’t.

Yep, they are way too powerful. The problem is compounded by the slower movement speed and jump height compared to previous Halo games.

The problem lies in Armor Abilities. With Armor Lock (tossing frags so you can kill the locker when he comes out), Jet Pack (Radius is large to hit people in any height), sprint (increases radius to hit people running away), camo (increases radius to find campers).

I still think they need to be nerfed, but I think the answer lies in the AA’s.

solution= blast radius bigger+less damage

Grenades aren’t that bad as-is. I used to be one of their biggest detesters, but I’ve since found an even bigger gripe in bloom, and… Well, I’ll be frank here. I adapted to the grenades. I don’t really get frustrated by them anymore.

> I think I speak for all of us when I say grenades need to be nerfed.

No, you don’t. You merely speak for those who can’t wrap their heads around the fact that grenades are not just harmless firecrackers but potent explosives.

A longer fuse time (More in Line with CE.) less damage at the edges of the blast, and you’ve fixed the problem. They still kill grunts/damage players at the edge, but to take shields down it would have to be close, like in Halo 3.

I think if we get a bloom option in the TU, then grenades will be good. I would like a longer fuse time though.

I think all they need is a predictable fuse time (at all times, shooting nades should be extremely rare) and health to recharge.

That’s the issue with nades. Health stays low, so one grenade can kill. I say remove ALL health packs and have health recharge slowly.

> The problem lies in Armor Abilities. With Armor Lock (tossing frags so you can kill the locker when he comes out), Jet Pack (Radius is large to hit people in any height), sprint (increases radius to hit people running away), camo (increases radius to find campers).
>
> I still think they need to be nerfed, but I think the answer lies in the AA’s.

All of Reach’s problems lie in AAs, bloom, and slow kill times.

> grenades? we dont have grenades in reach. we have mini nukes.
>
> nerf the SUPER FAST fuse time. thats where the majority of the problem lies.

^^This.

Half of my deaths in Reach come from grenades or grenades play a significant part in my death its ridiculous.

I particularly have issue with the reduced bounce the grenades have in Reach, especially when thrown on the forge world terrain. It’s very easy to throw a grenade directly at a player and since the grenade will practically stick to the ground and has a short fuse time it’s usually impossible to doge (unless you’ve got armor lock). I think making the grenade’s coefficient of restitution higher would bring back some of the tactical feel they had in Halo 3. A decrease in damage would go a long way too since grenades can kill a person if they have full shields and low health. To be frank, Halo 3 had the best grenades in the series and it was one of those things that shouldn’t have been changed to begin with.

> I particularly have issue with the reduced bounce the grenades have in Reach, especially when thrown on the forge world terrain. It’s very easy to throw a grenade directly at a player and since the grenade will practically stick to the ground and has a short fuse time it’s usually impossible to doge (unless you’ve got armor lock). I think making the grenade’s coefficient of restitution higher would bring back some of the tactical feel they had in Halo 3. A decrease in damage would go a long way too since grenades can kill a person if they have full shields and low health. To be frank, Halo 3 had the best grenades in the series and it was one of those things that shouldn’t have been changed to begin with.

Well if you wanna nerf the damage they should up the blast radius. It’s very small as of now.

One frag grenade shouldn’t:
+Kill you when you are full shield with red-bar health
+Kill you when you have 80% shields with full health

Frag grenades should:
+Be more bouncy like in Halo 2 and 3
+Have a smaller blast radius
+Have a longer fuse
+Not cause temporary deafness (I HATE THIS!)
+Not even sound so powerful

Reach grenades are by far the most powerful compared to any Halo, their damage needs tweaked and so does their mechanism.

Mini-nukes sound better then the gernades now since halo takes place in the future. they should have kept flame grenades from halo 3.