Grenades, grenades, grenades!

How many different types of grenades would you want to see in Halo 4? Most Halo games just had two, for the sake of keeping it simple.
However, I enjoyed the variety in Halo 3. Spike and fire grenades kept the game fresh (though fire grenades were just for custom games).

Frag grenades will most definitely be returning, but the same can’t be said about plasma grenades. If forerunner-esque grenades are introduced, it won’t be hard to implement more than a couple different types.

So let’s hear from the community. Thoughts? Ideas?

I predict that we will see Plasma Grenades as they are the Elites main grenade so it is highly likely we will see them return to help fight the new threat.

Personally though, I would love to see Frag, Spike & Fire grenades return, by the looks of it, in Reach, Bungie fixed the Fuel Rod Gun lag from Halo 3 so it’s safe to say 343i could fix the Firebomb grenade lag from Halo 3 for Halo 4.

Man,. I thought you were selling grenades. :stuck_out_tongue:

OT: I would love to have the Spike grenade back. If nothing else it made for some interesting screenshots.

> Man,. I thought you were selling grenades. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> OT: I would love to have the Spike grenade back. If nothing else it made for some interesting screenshots.

Agreed. But not so much because of screenshots but because it was fun to use it for booby traps. Run to end of corridor with opponent chasing you, stick spike grenade into wall ahead of you, turn around corner, get a kill. ^^

> > Man,. I thought you were selling grenades. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > OT: I would love to have the Spike grenade back. If nothing else it made for some interesting screenshots.
>
> Agreed. But not so much because of screenshots but because it was fun to use it for booby traps. Run to end of corridor with opponent chasing you, stick spike grenade into wall ahead of you, turn around corner, get a kill. ^^

Yeah, they were just really fun over all.

i miss the spike grenades too! i’d love it if there were stickies, spikes, and incendiary grenades in MM…that’d be a LOT of fun.

> i miss the spike grenades too! i’d love it if there were stickies, spikes, and incendiary grenades in MM…that’d be a LOT of fun.

I learned I shouldn’t be allowed to play with fire from my flame grenades experiences. :frowning:

What about new grenades? The possibilities are endless…
Like, a remote detonation grenade that you could stick onto enemies! Or you could just throw it on the ground, but that wouldn’t be as fun.

> > i miss the spike grenades too! i’d love it if there were stickies, spikes, and incendiary grenades in MM…that’d be a LOT of fun.
>
> I learned I shouldn’t be allowed to play with fire from my flame grenades experiences. :frowning:

oops! sounds like someone had a lot of fun with them! :smiley:

How about a grenade that, upon detonation, brings down the shields of nearby players (but can’t kill them), and also renders Powerups, Equipments, and AAs useless for a few seconds.

> How about a grenade that, upon detonation, brings down the shields of nearby players (but can’t kill them), and also renders Powerups, Equipments, and AAs useless for a few seconds.

Sounds like the EMP effect of the Grenade Launcher minus the AA part.

> > How about a grenade that, upon detonation, brings down the shields of nearby players (but can’t kill them), and also renders Powerups, Equipments, and AAs useless for a few seconds.
>
> Sounds like the EMP effect of the Grenade Launcher minus the AA part.

Yeah, but it wouldn’t be a Grenade Launcher, just something that you pick up off the ground.

> > > How about a grenade that, upon detonation, brings down the shields of nearby players (but can’t kill them), and also renders Powerups, Equipments, and AAs useless for a few seconds.
> >
> > Sounds like the EMP effect of the Grenade Launcher minus the AA part.
>
> Yeah, but it wouldn’t be a Grenade Launcher, just something that you pick up off the ground.

I would love it, mainly for the AA stopping power.

I’d like to see a proximity grenade/mine that you can toss and stick to things similar to plasma grenades, though due to it’s power it would probably be limited to a pick up weapon similar to other power weapons.

> > How about a grenade that, upon detonation, brings down the shields of nearby players (but can’t kill them), and also renders Powerups, Equipments, and AAs useless for a few seconds.
>
> Sounds like the EMP effect of the Grenade Launcher minus the AA part.

EMP grenades sound like a great addition. That’s basically what people use grenades for anyway, plus taking away the ability to kill with grenades would end a lot of grief.

QUITE POSSIBLE NEW GREDNADES!!! when exploring new enemies and areas we were given new item to add to the arsenal. halo two we met he sentinals and bungie wants us too go into depth with the covenant. boom we get sentinal beams and we start to getting wepon matches. human br covenant carbine, human sniper rifle, covenant beam rifle, human smg covenant needler (i think). as we go into halo 3 we are now faced with brutes instead of elites so we get the flame grenades the hammer spikers brute shot spike grenade. odst we go into odst weaponry (spelled that wrong) and the same even with halo wars we even got new vehicles. halo 4 we are on fore runner planet who at one point went to war had battels and still have those weapons around. have you seen halo legends? i honestly do belive those laser like weapons used in that movie will make an apperance in the game. and most likly they will have some new type of granade that was used for the fore runner.

> QUITE POSSIBLE NEW GREDNADES!!! when exploring new enemies and areas we were given new item to add to the arsenal. halo two we met he sentinals and bungie wants us too go into depth with the covenant. boom we get sentinal beams and we start to getting wepon matches. human br covenant carbine, human sniper rifle, covenant beam rifle, human smg covenant needler (i think). as we go into halo 3 we are now faced with brutes instead of elites so we get the flame grenades the hammer spikers brute shot spike grenade. odst we go into odst weaponry (spelled that wrong) and the same even with halo wars we even got new vehicles. halo 4 we are on fore runner planet who at one point went to war had battels and still have those weapons around. have you seen halo legends? i honestly do belive those laser like weapons used in that movie will make an apperance in the game. and most likly they will have some new type of granade that was used for the fore runner.

Laser grenade!

How on earth would laser grenades work?

> How on earth would laser grenades work?

It will shoot laser beams at anyone within a small AoE. I only really said it as a joke.

I say bring them all back from Halo3 along with some new ones for Halo4. Pleas 343 don’t make them way over powered like they are in reach, instead make them fun.