Grenades blowing up in my hand!

So tired of attempting to “chuck a nade” and having it blown up in my hand because of crap shots that miss my actual Spartan!

This has been in the game since at least Halo 2, if not Halo 1.

> 2533274793189265;2:
> This has been in the game since at least Halo 2, if not Halo 1.

No, it hasn’t.

Exploding grenades was introduced in Halo 4.

> 2533274819302824;3:
> > 2533274793189265;2:
> > This has been in the game since at least Halo 2, if not Halo 1.
>
>
> No, it hasn’t.
>
> Exploding grenades was introduced in Halo 4.

Lol what? Nooo we’ve been able to shot and detonate grenades since at least halo 3

…But nowhere near as severe in Halo 5.

It has got to do something with the hitboxes being off or bullet magnetism being weird.

> 2533274819302824;3:
> > 2533274793189265;2:
> > This has been in the game since at least Halo 2, if not Halo 1.
>
>
>
> No, it hasn’t.
>
> Exploding grenades was introduced in Halo 4.

That is incorrect, in campaign ODST, in MP, Reach.

When you see the animation to throw a 'nade, aim for the hand… It’s a rarely used nuance of the game but it’s been there for aboot 5 years now.
If the enemy has a BR and you decide to toss a 'nade… You’re likely to get your hand blown off (figuratively speaking).

Yeah I know it is not a new feature to halo BUT it happens way to frequently in ĥ5!

> 2533274881015020;5:
> …But nowhere near as severe in Halo 5.
>
> It has got to do something with the hitboxes being off or bullet magnetism being weird.

This

> 2533274898131165;8:
> > 2533274881015020;5:
> > …But nowhere near as severe in Halo 5.
> >
> > It has got to do something with the hitboxes being off or bullet magnetism being weird.
>
>
>
>
> This

… But hitboxes are not off, nor is magnetism. What we experience is often server latency when our shots “bend too far.” Of course other bugs here and there can happen but the majority of times it is desynced info brought on by Beta code AND being matched off data-centre.

What could be true is that grenades have a priority percentage given to them so that 'nades are hit more frequently than the body or head when all 3 have a chance to be hit simultaneously according to the reticle coverage and the spread of a BR’s burst.

… Hmmm, on a thought; it could be the arc to which 'nades are now tossed. There is definitely more whip to a 'nade toss and it may be leaving player hands in trajectories more prone to direct lines of fire.

I suppose they want to cut down on spamming nades in close quarters and getting a random kill from the grave, but it is far too severe. If I know how to bounce a grenade with the right trajectory to make it go exactly where I want, I should be able to. It was fine the way it was in the older games, a sharp eye is well rewarded there. In H5 you just spray randomly at them and you’ll explode the grenade. It’s punishing grenade use instead of rewarding a good shot.

And come to think of it, I think grenades have either a bigger hitbox, more magnetism, or whatever when in the hand or soon after leaving it, because I’ve tried to shoot grenades flying far through the air and it didn’t happen, and it was on a Pegasus match when the whole enemy team was at red base and throwing a hail of way too many grenades down upon us and I was plenty far away to have enough time to practice on many, and it never happened. It only happens when in the hand or very close to the thrower of the nade.