Grenades are useless

I don’t like grenades in Halo 4. Right now they’re almost useless:

• They are just weak. No instant kill except for Plasma sticking to the opponent. Why are those called grenades then? Should be “petard” because all they make is distraction, instead of being usefull weapon. Making it’s default blast radius like it’s in Explosive Support Upgrade would be step in the right direction.
  • There is an indicator - like in some military shooters. Difference is, in military shooter grenades are lethal. So what’s the point?
  • Only 2 grenades per spawn, and without Resupply Tactical Package, it’s hard to find more. So right now grenades are not only underpowered, but also rare = useless.

Oh, and Promethean Grenade is garbage. It should burn and explode faster or something.

God, no. We don’t want another Reach.

the grenades are fine, ive been in plenty of matches where people loved spamming 2 or sometimes 3 frag grenades at me in an effort to kill me, and the pulse grenade isn’t useless it’s my favorite grenade i love throwing it where someone is about to go and breaking their shields, turning them into a 1 shot

Nope; Very very wrong. At team based games granades will piss you off. They are abudant like rocks and the ammount of damage is ridiculous.

> God, no. We don’t want another Reach.

Yeah, I hated NUKE nades in Reach. No thank you.

No they aren’t, there really is a reason why I prefer Resupply over the other Tacticals. In every Halo game nading has been a really big aspect of gameplay, now I now what you are trying to say though. Nades aren’t such a big part of Halo in Halo 4, at least compared to the other Halo games. That’s because of the Armor Abilities and Sprint.

NADES are the LEAST OF Halo 4’s problems…

Grenades are FINE.

If anything, we need stickies removed from spawning loadouts because they help ruin BTB, along with the DMR, Light Rifle, Plasma Pistol, and Active Camo.

> No they aren’t, there really is a reason why I prefer Resupply over the other Tacticals. In every Halo game nading has been a really big aspect of gameplay, now I now what you are trying to say though. N<mark>ades aren’t such a big part of Halo</mark> in Halo 4, at least compared to the other Halo games. That’s because of the Armor Abilities and Sprint.

Am I the only one here who always gets in a match where people LOVE throwing grenades at me?!? I mean around every corner there is someone with an AR throwing 3 grenades at me and killing me .

> Grenades are FINE.
>
> If anything, we need stickies removed from spawning loadouts because they help ruin BTB, along with the DMR, <mark>Light Rifle,</mark> Plasma Pistol, and Active Camo.

:l… i wont let you take my light rifle away from me… how does the light rifle ruin BTB anyway?

Sorry man you are in the minority here. Grenades are perfect right now in halo 4. That’s one thing that doesn’t need fixed in this game.

> Am I the only one here who always gets in a match where people LOVE throwing grenades at me?!? I mean around every corner there is someone with an AR throwing 3 grenades at me and killing me .

I don’t run into those guys too much but obviously that is their play style, sounds like to you need to keep your distance between them with your Light Rifle and you’ll be fine.

But to be on topic, Grenades are fine! The Grenade spam in Reach was insane!

> Grenades are FINE.
>
> If anything, we need stickies removed from spawning loadouts because they help ruin BTB, along with the DMR, Light Rifle, Plasma Pistol, and Active Camo.

Anything else? While we’re at it we can remove turrets, vehicles, AA’s, and scenery to hide behind. We’ll all sit in a big white room with AR’s and spam each other. Just because you keep getting killed by these things doesn’t mean they need to be removed. If that was the way things worked, there’d be no reason to leave the lobby because nothing would be left in the game.

Just… No.

I agree the grenades are weak sauce. Might as well throw oranges and hope to hit them in the solar plexus. I think the grenades are not intended to be weak but it’s just another instance of poor programming in the game and the result is weak grenades.

In trying to balance the gameplay, I think grenades should play a bigger role in the game because timing and placing grenades takes skill. Instead we get spastic ZAP POW BLEEP from everyones Spartan lasers and other power weapons from ordinance drops.

And if I Steve Young one more sticky grenage right through an enemy one more time…my God this is frustrating

They are excellent for trashing vehicles and if you can land a sticky(good luck with lag).But yeah they are pretty weak against someone on foot.

Grenades are fine. OP, you want beefed up grenades? Take Explosives and Resupply. Works like a charm especially on smaller, 4v4 or Regicide maps alongside a decent Automatic weapon. Practice starting every firefight with a grenade, your opponent starts with weakened shields or no shields and goes down easy. Defensive grenades to help you lose a pursuing enemy. Enemy playing hide-and-seek with you around a pillar or rock while he waits for his shields to recharge? Throw a grenade one side and you run around the other side; keep’s them pinned down while you charge them. A neatly-thrown grenade can bag you a nice double kill in FFA if you hang back and let the other weaken eachother. And of course, the old favourite, if you’re losing a fight leave a sticky grenade on your opponent’s face as a parting gift.

Man, I couldn’t imagine Halo without grenades. They’re integral to how I play most game modes and as valuable as ever.

Nope nades are fine the way they are :T

Grenades are useless because we get near infinite sprint. One of my only complaints about this game is the speed. No more instant spawn and nerf the exessive sprint any way possible

> God, no. We don’t want another Reach.