Grenades are still OP.

I love the Beta and the TU settings so far. It helped bring joy back into Halo for me. However, there are still a few things to look at. One of them is the grenades.

Grenades are still OP. Grenades are still being spammed left and right (especially on Arena Zealot). While spamming is the fault of the players themselves, the grenades are still too powerful. I swear at some point in the game it became all about grenades, because every time someone sees me they throw like 3 grenades, and I know I can’t get away because the radius is too big and the fuse is way too short.

The grenade issue still needs to be addressed. I just wanted to bring that up.

They sohuld reduce the blast radious

> They sohuld reduce the blast radious

They should make they like Halo 3 frags and be done with it.

> > They sohuld reduce the blast radious
>
> They should make they like Halo 3 frags and be done with it.

> They sohuld reduce the blast radious

Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!

>
> Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!

Increasing fuse times would make them almost entirely useless.

> > > They sohuld reduce the blast radious
> >
> > Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!
>
> Increasing fuse times would make them almost entirely useless.

Oh yes, CE grenades were “useless”.
/sarcasm

It always comes down to the “useless” argument when someone doesn’t want something to change (like Armor Lock). Increasing them even by one second wouldn’t make them useless. It’d make them balanced. Right now, they are too powerful and they blow up too quickly.

>
> Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!

this. fuse time is the biggest problem. the second biggest problem is the slow movementspeed in reach (and small jump height)

> > > They sohuld reduce the blast radious
> >
> > Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!
>
> Increasing fuse times would make them almost entirely useless.

i hope you are trolling. i really do.

> > > > They sohuld reduce the blast radious
> > >
> > > Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!
> >
> > Increasing fuse times would make them almost entirely useless.
>
> Oh yes, CE grenades were “useless”.
> /sarcasm
>
> It always comes down to the “useless” argument when someone doesn’t want something to change (like Armor Lock). Increasing them even by one second wouldn’t make them useless. It’d make them balanced. Right now, they are too powerful and they blow up too quickly.

CE frags were spammed. They only got kills when thrown in bunches. Their use was largely skill-less. It helped that you could almost cover an entire room with being able to carry EIGHT grenades.

Halo 2-3 made grenade use much more skillful. Quick fuse and small blast radius. You had to be good to get the full benefit of your grenades.

Adding a full second to fuse times is a drastic jump. I would almost never waste my time with them. Frags need to be useful mid combat. Long fuse times decrease their viability in chaotic situations.

> > > > They sohuld reduce the blast radious
> > >
> > > Not only that. They need to up movement speed and increase the fuse times. While it is true that H:CE grenades were more powerful, your character moved faster than in Reach and the fuse time was longer, so you had a chance to dodge it. In Reach, they blow up like less than a second once they first hit the ground. And sometimes they seem magnetic, almost like they are drawn to you!
> >
> > Increasing fuse times would make them almost entirely useless.
>
> i hope you are trolling. i really do.

I don’t under stand how that doesn’t make sense. You will NEVER hit me with a single frag if you increase the fuse times by a full second. NEVER.

No, grenades are fine, actually I think they are still not enough powerful ( they were in HR Beta ). It’s really easy to avoid them, so easy that AR is useless compared to sprint or jetpack. I’m serious .

Moreover I’m confident more people prefers strong grenades instead or weak grenades, look at the population in The Arena, it was more played when we started with 2 grenades .

> No, grenades are fine, actually I think they are still not enough powerful ( they were in HR Beta ). It’s really easy to avoid them, so easy that AR is useless compared to sprint or jetpack. I’m serious .
>
> Moreover I’m confident more people prefers strong grenades instead or weak grenades, look at the population in The Arena, it was more played when we started with 2 grenades .

Just because folks like to start with 2 frags doesn’t necessarily mean they like the frags as they are. I do like that they are very useful. But they just feel like a crutch. Much like melee attacks. How would I change frags?

Shorter fuse(Halo 3 style)
Smaller blast Radius
Better vs shields
Not as much bleed through damage(Halo 3 style)

This would make frags more of a set up weapon.

What complainers don’t seem to realize IS that halo 3 nades DO damages through shield !!

In Halo 3 : 2 hits by BR + nade = death
In Reach : 2 hits by DMR + nade = death

The problem can be remedied by increasing the movement and jump height…

Right, that’s the main difference (+ the health ) from H3 .

> No, grenades are fine, actually I think they are still not enough powerful ( they were in HR Beta ). It’s really easy to avoid them, so easy that AR is useless compared to sprint or jetpack. I’m serious .
>
> Moreover I’m confident more people prefers strong grenades instead or weak grenades, look at the population in The Arena, it was more played when we started with 2 grenades .

That is the single worst analysis I have ever seen.

There are many other reason why the arena fails… not the grenade count, LOL!

“confident more people prefers strong grenades instead or weak grenades, look at the population in The Arena”

I agree : this sentence is stupid but nothing has also proved that weaker grenades attract more players ( keep in mind that the active forum’s population is less than 1 % of the total halo Reach population )

> What complainers don’t seem to realize IS that halo 3 nades DO damages through shield !!
>
> In Halo 3 : 2 hits by BR + nade = death
> In Reach : 2 hits by DMR + nade = death

Blast radius in Halo Reach is huge though. This makes it an easier kill.

Also, Halo 3 had health regeneration. You really didn’t need to worry about getting killed by a single frag once your shields recharged.

these threads die too fast because mostly everyone agrees. let’s keep this one alive :slight_smile: