Grenades aka plasma complain thread.

1 guy can take out a wart hog with a plasma pistol and 2 plasma grenades, which he gets at start. Seems different from every halo I’ve ever played. Plasma sticks to enemies and vehicles and seems to have largest blast radius or at least most damage. And then I only get one pulse grenade. I wish it were opposite.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not bump/necropost threads.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Bump for specialization threads

To offset all the loadouts, plasma pistols, stickies etc. not to mention the grenade perks, the vehicles should do more damage or buff the health. Yes I know you can use operator, but shouldn’t have to run that spec to be able to compete with infantry.

> 1 guy can take out a wart hog with a plasma pistol and 2 plasma grenades, which he gets at start. Seems different from every halo I’ve ever played. Plasma sticks to enemies and vehicles and <mark>seems to have largest blast radius</mark> or at least most damage. And then I only get one pulse grenade. I wish it were opposite.

Wrong, that would be frag, or maybe even the…uh…Promeathean Grenade. Yeah i forgot it’s name.

Though it IS true, and has been highlighted many time on this forum; the Plasma Grenades should not be a Spawn grenade. Must like Halo 3 ODST and back, should have been earned on the battlefeild.

Since they cant do that

Reduce it to One, almost seems logical.

If you like driving vehicles and don’t like getting EMPed, make an Operator class when you play big team or any game mode with vehicles.
Done.

Oh I have my wheel man perk on 3 of my 5 loadouts. I just feel like I have to drive like a -Yoink!- because every one on big team has plasmas and stickies I want more road trips.

Its more like encouraging everyone to be a noob with the pp on vehix. The logic applied here appears to be way too much with nerfings across the board that dont make much sense, while others are more needed. Way too easy to plasma burst vehix, way too easy to take out hogs, kill cams showing you died but werent shot nor did you feel you couldve been shot despite low aim assist measures, grenade perk doesnt seem to help get kills when thrown in a crowd at all.

Bottom line: there’s just way too few moments of joy with missed kills from over nerfing everything. And would it hurt to add a custom controller layout, I never use crouch anymore. Theres just so much wrong with this game that I dont know where to start, minus the maps, those seem to work.

As long as you drive really really fast and don’t stop you should be fine. It’s hard to hit a fast mover with an EMP or a sticky.

Don’t stop for ANYTHING. Stop hitting obstacles by accident. (Drive good) Stop trying to splatter people. Don’t stop so your gunner can shoot that guy who’s shields are down. If somebody on your team gets in the way then run him over. He shouldn’t have been standing there. ALWAYS KEEP MOVING.

These are rules I follow and I rarely get killed unless I screw up or someone happens to get a lucky shot/throw.

Pulse grenades have the smallest blast radius, the longest time detonation AND they blatantly telegraph the blast radius allowing the enemy to easily get out of the way. To top it all off you only get 1.

There is literally nothing useful about them.

Frags have the biggest blast radius but they are the hardest to hit a moving vehicle with.

People could do the same thing in Invasion in Halo: Reach. Nobody ever complained about it, so it must not have been a big problem. So why is it suddenly a big problem now?

Also, stickies have the smallest blast radius of all the grenades. Frags have the largest.

> As long as you drive really really fast and don’t stop you should be fine. It’s hard to hit a fast mover with an EMP or a sticky.
>
> Don’t stop for ANYTHING. Stop hitting obstacles by accident. (Drive good) Stop trying to splatter people. Don’t stop so your gunner can shoot that guy who’s shields are down. If somebody on your team gets in the way then run him over. He shouldn’t have been standing there. ALWAYS KEEP MOVING.
>
> These are rules I follow and I rarely get killed unless I screw up or someone happens to get a lucky shot/throw.

Sure id like to see a Race playlist, but all of those things you mentioned are things aimed at being productive in one form or another as a driver. Simply speeding around a map does nothing good sir. Basically they want us to not have fun, awesome. Yay PP loadouts!

> People could do the same thing in Invasion in Halo: Reach. Nobody ever complained about it, so it must not have been a big problem. So why is it suddenly a big problem now?
>
> Also, stickies have the smallest blast radius of all the grenades. Frags have the largest.

I wouldn’t say no one complained about it…

or the feather light weight of the warthogs that would flip after a few dmr shots… which can still happen some how.

Bullets do practically nothing to vehicles.

It’s very hard to hit a moving vehicle with any frag/pulse grenade.

Plasma grenades are the anti-vehicle. It is necessary for balance. I don’t understand how that doesn’t make sense. The plasma grenade takes so long to explode if it doesn’t stick to an individual that it is practically useless in person to person (or people to people) battles.

Everyone who likes driving vehicles complains about plasma pistols and plasma grenades. You relaize how relatively useless they are for everythign BUT taking out vehicles right? I’m sorry your vehicle can’t be the never-ending tank of destruction you want it to be, but that’s fair…

my problem is with the plasma nades off spawn, because now every noobs spawns with them and panic spam throws them in CQC. and that’s to the super throw glitch and the massive hit boxes its easy as hell for on of them to sticky you.

the plasma pistol is fine as is, since there are no sttic spawns really anymore. the load out pistol is needed for anti-vehicular combat. especial since you rarely get a S-laser, SD, or Rockets when you actually need them to combat joy riders.

admittedly the noob combo shotting is annoying but Ive seen very little of it. especial since all the nubs found out about the OP boltlock

I agree with adsin15. I frequently use plasma pistol and plasma grenades on my anti-vehicle loadout, with mobility and a jetpack which allows me to close the distance between me and a vehicle very quickly. That being said, a skilled hog or ghost driver can still give me a lot of trouble, killing me four or five times before I successfully land an EMP and start sticking.

If you’re in a hog, it’s all about driving circles around them, or simply driving past them if the terrain won’t allow for a safe takedown. With ghosts, you can strafe easily and take them down yourself, but the key is to always keep good distance.

Splattering. Everyone loves to splatter. Some people want the Verdant visor, others just like a messy windshield, but the fact is splattering puts you at risk. Don’t splatter someone if they see you coming, because it’s only too easy for them to jump and stick. Only go in for a splatter if they are distracted and don’t see you charging at them. If they are preoccupied, then by the time they see you on their radar, it’s too late to jump. Splat. Other than that, splattering should be a last resort or coincidental offense, never your primary means of attack. Ghosts and hogs have guns for a reason.

Honestly, if you’re driving a Warthog and you get EMP’d and stuck twice, you need to get yourself a new gunner. The turret is able to kill someone faster than they are able to shoot off a PP and throw two grenades (at least it always has in my experience). A turret gunner is supposed to protect his vehicle, that’s his main priority. If he is letting you get hit by an overcharged PP and letting that same guy stick you not once, but twice, ditch him and find someone better.

> As long as you drive really really fast and don’t stop you should be fine. It’s hard to hit a fast mover with an EMP or a sticky.
>
> Don’t stop for ANYTHING. Stop hitting obstacles by accident. (Drive good) Stop trying to splatter people. Don’t stop so your gunner can shoot that guy who’s shields are down. If somebody on your team gets in the way then run him over. He shouldn’t have been standing there. ALWAYS KEEP MOVING.
>
> These are rules I follow and I rarely get killed unless I screw up or someone happens to get a lucky shot/throw.

This!

And shooters should know to never turn around and try to finish somebody off. If you don’t get a kill, ignore it and keep looking forward. Never swing around, or you’ll just get both people killed. This combined with your driver not stopping, and going FAST is where it’s at.

If more people followed these rules, they’d rack up an insane amount of kills.

I don’t think having plasma grenades in starting loadouts is that much of an offset. If u pick explosives two we’ll placed frags can kill an opponent. If the the plasma grenade doesn’t stick to the opponent, it hardly does any damage in my opinion. I think the bigger issue here Is the ordinance set up.

at least it’s 2 plasma grenades now. playing hemorrhage on reach, i remember taking down tons of warthogs with just 1. i’d let the rest of the team go and betray each other for the wraith and snipe and go pick up the plasma pistol almost every game. :stuck_out_tongue:

hell, 1 plasma rarely even takes down a ghost, now.

With out the anti-vehicle load out, vehicles are just overkill in this game. Sigh, its so sad that we have rock-paper-scissors rather than an arena shooter!