Grenade Spam

Grenade Spam is one of the worst things about halo 5 and it needs to be fixed. There are 2 VERY simple options to fix it. The first option is to spawn with only one grenade just like in warzone, and the second option is to reduce the blast radius to 50%. Simple and easy to fix.

The blast radius is already quite small… easily dodged with sprint / thrusters if you see it coming.

As for the spam… it’s only really a problem if the enemy team know where you are… so keep moving and you should be all right.

The only issue I have with the grenades in Halo 5 is that the splinter ones… given they already create that floaty web of damage it is probably a bit much for them to instant kill as well. I know the plasma ones kill you as well… but at least you have a few seconds to finish of your kill (or rush at the enemy so you can take them with you). The splinters should only take down your shields (they could even have an EMP effect and keep them from regenerating for a period).

> 2533274891097288;1:
> Grenade Spam is one of the worst things about halo 5 and it needs to be fixed. There are 2 VERY simple options to fix it. The first option is to spawn with only one grenade just like in warzone, and the second option is to reduce the blast radius to 50%. Simple and easy to fix.

Exactly. I always get killed by one or two grenades thrown randomly at a door or just near me. Blast radius is too high!
They also seem to explode only when they are near you, for example: they explode immediately if you are close to them or bounce on the floor until they come near.
It’s so frustrating

> 2585548714655118;2:
> The blast radius is already quite small… easily dodged with sprint / thrusters if you see it coming.
>
> As for the spam… it’s only really a problem if the enemy team know where you are… so keep moving and you should be all right.
>
> The only issue I have with the grenades in Halo 5 is that the splinter ones… given they already create that floaty web of damage it is probably a bit much for them to instant kill as well. I know the plasma ones kill you as well… but at least you have a few seconds to finish of your kill (or rush at the enemy so you can take them with you). The splinters should only take down your shields (they could even have an EMP effect and keep them from regenerating for a period).

See grenades always seem to be in a lethal radius of me even if I thruster away. They always shred me yet I swear anytime I put a grenade near someone it either annihilates them or doesn’t get anything. Funny enough splinter grenades I don’t really have issue avoiding because they are normally consistent. Unless the person really nails the throw or you walk into it you should be fine.

Grenades are fine. Use your thrusters.

> 2533274831961512;4:
> > 2585548714655118;2:
> > The blast radius is already quite small… easily dodged with sprint / thrusters if you see it coming.
> >
> > As for the spam… it’s only really a problem if the enemy team know where you are… so keep moving and you should be all right.
> >
> > The only issue I have with the grenades in Halo 5 is that the splinter ones… given they already create that floaty web of damage it is probably a bit much for them to instant kill as well. I know the plasma ones kill you as well… but at least you have a few seconds to finish of your kill (or rush at the enemy so you can take them with you). The splinters should only take down your shields (they could even have an EMP effect and keep them from regenerating for a period).
>
>
> See grenades always seem to be in a lethal radius of me even if I thruster away. They always shred me yet I swear anytime I put a grenade near someone it either annihilates them or doesn’t get anything.

Must be the game’s fault…

Its supposed to be in the game

There is even a friendly fire callout about it

“Watch your grenade spam!”

Right now the grenades are perfectly balanced.

> 2533274866682248;6:
> > 2533274831961512;4:
> > > 2585548714655118;2:
> > > The blast radius is already quite small… easily dodged with sprint / thrusters if you see it coming.
> > >
> > > As for the spam… it’s only really a problem if the enemy team know where you are… so keep moving and you should be all right.
> > >
> > > The only issue I have with the grenades in Halo 5 is that the splinter ones… given they already create that floaty web of damage it is probably a bit much for them to instant kill as well. I know the plasma ones kill you as well… but at least you have a few seconds to finish of your kill (or rush at the enemy so you can take them with you). The splinters should only take down your shields (they could even have an EMP effect and keep them from regenerating for a period).
> >
> >
> > See grenades always seem to be in a lethal radius of me even if I thruster away. They always shred me yet I swear anytime I put a grenade near someone it either annihilates them or doesn’t get anything.
>
>
> Must be the game’s fault…

Never said it was did I? Just describing my experiences :wink: I find them inconsistent because they either murder you or are completely harmless

> 2533274941727894;3:
> > 2533274891097288;1:
> > Grenade Spam is one of the worst things about halo 5 and it needs to be fixed. There are 2 VERY simple options to fix it. The first option is to spawn with only one grenade just like in warzone, and the second option is to reduce the blast radius to 50%. Simple and easy to fix.
>
>
> Exactly. I always get killed by one or two grenades thrown randomly at a door or just near me. Blast radius is too high!
> They also seem to explode only when they are near you, for example: they explode immediately if you are close to them or bounce on the floor until they come near.
> It’s so frustrating

That would be grenade magnetism which I’m not sure is in the game or not, but I would bet that it is.

> 2533274831961512;10:
> > 2533274941727894;3:
> > > 2533274891097288;1:
> > > Grenade Spam is one of the worst things about halo 5 and it needs to be fixed. There are 2 VERY simple options to fix it. The first option is to spawn with only one grenade just like in warzone, and the second option is to reduce the blast radius to 50%. Simple and easy to fix.
> >
> >
> > Exactly. I always get killed by one or two grenades thrown randomly at a door or just near me. Blast radius is too high!
> > They also seem to explode only when they are near you, for example: they explode immediately if you are close to them or bounce on the floor until they come near.
> > It’s so frustrating
>
>
> That would be grenade magnetism which I’m not sure is in the game or not, but I would bet that it is.

Which is stupid. It takes no skill.

> 2533274941727894;3:
> > 2533274891097288;1:
> > Grenade Spam is one of the worst things about halo 5 and it needs to be fixed. There are 2 VERY simple options to fix it. The first option is to spawn with only one grenade just like in warzone, and the second option is to reduce the blast radius to 50%. Simple and easy to fix.
>
>
> Exactly. I always get killed by one or two grenades thrown randomly at a door or just near me. Blast radius is too high!
> They also seem to explode only when they are near you, for example: they explode immediately if you are close to them or bounce on the floor until they come near.
> It’s so frustrating

Maybe the grenades aren’t random and your movements are just predictable…

There’s no grenade span issue, people just need to learn the maps and player tendencies and adapt… It’s pretty easy to dodge grenades these days.

i think its fine and thats how all Halos are

i like the grenades i think Halo 5 grenade are balanced

When all I see is explosions because there’s eight grenades being lobbed at me and my team, there is absolutely something wrong. It’s so cheap and dumb when you and your team are holding an area and grenades swarm you like bees. They punish you for grouping up, but that’s what Halo is about. Team work. I don’t think grenades should go entirely, but maybe they should make arena game-types focused around actual skill instead of giving you two lethal and easily exploitable crutches. Kind of like how there’s shotguns in shotty snipers. The shotgun is a crutch for players who suck at close range sniper encounters. The only way to fix spam is to limit grenade capacity, and if you can’t live with that, then you’re part of the problem.

If an entire team had max capacity in all their grenade slots, they could throw twenty four grenades in total. That is B.S.

I’d say the grenades are pretty spot on. My only problem is Splinter’s but that’s only because they can auto-kill you.

Do not revive old threads.

> 2535472999144009;16:
> If an entire team had max capacity in all their grenade slots, they could throw twenty four grenades in total. That is B.S.

Except it’s not, because if they’re throwing all twenty four at you they aren’t throwing them at the other players on your team. You’ve heard the phrase ‘taking one for the team’ I assume? Halo is a team game; if you have to get blown higher than a -Yoink!--head on payday so that your teammates can go on unmolested, then you put on your grown up pants and take it.

it’s my weapon of choice. i can’t hit the side of a barn with anything else. Please don’t take this away from me too. especially in SWAT. that’s how i get everyone to one shot…