Grenade Physics?

Please tell me I’m not the only one who absolutely hates the grenade physics in this. They either don’t bounce at all or bounce way too far. I’m at the point now that if I see a grenade thrown at me, I run towards the guy who threw it, rather than back up (which typically worked in other Halos) because it is likely to bounce too far and kill me if I back up Add the fact that you can’t pick up grenades from people and you basically have a game where the grenades are not reliable enough to use. Frankly, grenades separate great players from good ones. However, without any consistent physics engine that makes sense, grenades are less of a factor.

I’m talking about frags btw, but plasmas also bounce more than they used to. Pulses are just bad.

Pulse grenades are fun IMO.

But about frags, I think they’re fine but I’ve mostly just chucked 'em in the hill.

Nice to know someone else has noticed.

It affects me in two ways:

-grenade jumping feels awkward (like in Reach)
-5 times dying in campaign reverts you back 2 checkpoints. Grenades are less reliable for this because they might bounce away or just damage you slightly

The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.

> The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.

That makes no sense at all.

> > The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.
>
> That makes no sense at all.

Im refering to multiplayer, it is a battlefield simulation coming from a room on the Infinity spaceship. You can see the hologram of the ship when you go to War games. Previous halos were real time, real spartans and real maps.

> > > The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.
> >
> > That makes no sense at all.
>
> Im refering to multiplayer, it is a battlefield simulation coming from a room on the Infinity spaceship. You can see the hologram of the ship when you go to War games. Previous halos were real time, real spartans and real maps.

What I’m saying is that it makes no sense to alter the game’s overall physics for canon like that. Also, the ship itself could probably alter gravity in the combat deck to its engineers’ will.

> > > The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.
> >
>
> Im refering to multiplayer, it is a battlefield simulation coming from a room on the Infinity spaceship. You can see the hologram of the ship when you go to War games. Previous halos were real time, real spartans and real maps.

you´re just saying it´s a game inside a game… duh
your logic fails horrible

Pulse Grenades are god for KOTH on the smaller maps.

> >
>

Oh no! Think about all the really dead Spartans who died pointlessly because of Grifball! The humanity!

Obviously the makers of the “Super-Ball” bought the “UNSC Fragmentation Grenade” product and made them according to their own schematics.

> > > > The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.
> > >
> > > That makes no sense at all.
> >
> > Im refering to multiplayer, it is a battlefield simulation coming from a room on the Infinity spaceship. You can see the hologram of the ship when you go to War games. Previous halos were real time, real spartans and real maps.
>
> you´re just saying it´s a game inside a game… duh
> your logic fails horrible

Inception…but in a game :o

I think it’s -Yoink- that they dumbed down the blast radius AND added an indicator.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I think it’s bullsh*t that they dumbed down the blast radius AND added an indicator.

> > > > The physics of every aspect in the game suck because its a battlefield simulation coming from a room on a spaceship. This is why everything seems “off”. You have to realize your not playing an arena shooter anymore.
> > >
> > > That makes no sense at all.
> >
> > Im refering to multiplayer, it is a battlefield simulation coming from a room on the Infinity spaceship. You can see the hologram of the ship when you go to War games. Previous halos were real time, real spartans and real maps.
>
> What I’m saying is that it makes no sense to alter the game’s overall physics for canon like that. Also, the ship itself could probably alter gravity in the combat deck to its engineers’ will.

This is 343i’s way of “Reinventing” Halo multiplayer. This is also why you notic everything is so fast paced.

And Clown Coll, thats exactly what im saying…it wasn’t my idea it was 343i’s. Where the hell do you think ordinance’s come from, their essentially beamed into the game like Star Trek…and this is why you can literally change the weapons right in front of you with a specialization. I could go on and on.

I haven’t noticed anything TOO weird about grenade physics, but, once, I threw Plasma and it went straight through the guy, must’ve been some weird -Yoink- glitch, and I still got the kill.

> I think it’s bullsh*t that they dumbed down the blast radius AND added an indicator.

To be honest, that grenade indicator screws me up more than it helps me currently.
But I’ll get used to it eventually, I suppose.

> Nice to know someone else has noticed.
>
> It affects me in two ways:
>
> -grenade jumping feels awkward (like in Reach)
> -5 times dying in campaign reverts you back 2 checkpoints. Grenades are less reliable for this because they might bounce away or just damage you slightly

LoL what grenade jumping? I only gained about 1 foot extra height with a frag. I tried 4 times with a plasma grenade and they all ended in my explosive death. Lets not go into my pulse grenade jump tests. I still haven’t found a good use for the pulse grenade.

> > Nice to know someone else has noticed.
> >
> > It affects me in two ways:
> >
> > -grenade jumping feels awkward (like in Reach)
> > -5 times dying in campaign reverts you back 2 checkpoints. Grenades are less reliable for this because they might bounce away or just damage you slightly
>
> LoL what grenade jumping? I only gained about 1 foot extra height with a frag. I tried 4 times with a plasma grenade and they all ended in my explosive death. Lets not go into my pulse grenade jump tests. I still haven’t found a good use for the pulse grenade.

With jetpack, unfortunately.

As for the plasma grenade, yeah, it’s limited but they’re not nearly as lethal as they were in Halo 3 or Reach.

Halo 2 and 3 had the best grenades in my opinion. Reach’s were too powerful and Halo 4’s are awkward as all hell.

Pulse grenades rock, they strip enemies of their shields quickly.