Grenade Opinions

One of the most controversial elements of Halo: Reach right now is grenades, or “grenukes”. Reach has many flawed characteristics, but this is one that stands out, as it is not being fixed in the TU.

In nearly every game type (I’m not compiling a list of which ones don’t apply) you spawn with 2 grenades. This is overkill. Grenades do WAY too much damage, as we all painfully know and the area of damage from them is too large. I’d like to see the TU either fix grenade damage (which won’t happen) or at least lower the amount of grenades available on every map.

Almost everywhere you go, there are grenades; this, coupled with the fact that you spawn with two grenades provides nearly an unlimited supply of these pesky pineapples. Problems with grenades are no more apparent than in the TU Beta playlist. Now that there is less bloom and there are faster kill times, people don’t play as aggressively and they tend to stay back, camp and throw grenades anywhere and everywhere. Grenades can and will kill you in one shot if you are so much as shot in the leg beforehand. Grenades also negate cover and because movement speed is low in Reach, they are hopelessly overpowered. Grenades are frustrating and a fix needs to be found.

Ultimately I suggest either lowering grenade damage (drastically), or reducing grenade spawns and how many a player spawns with.

What are your opinions?

Y’know, I never seem to get killed by grenades as much as everyone else seems to. I really don’t see what the problem is.

Just play the TU Beta playlist, you’ll see.

This one’s opinion on grenades is that one frag on spawn will reduce spam and make players think of where to throw grenades at instead of chucking them randomly (lol Zealot).

Also, this one believes that grenades wouldn’t as big as a problem if you could move fast enough to dodge them. This is referring to movement speeds (too slow) that’s just how this one feels.

Also, TU Playlist has some really good grenade chuckers. This one suspects that most of have been taking pitching lessons on a pro level.

I agree, grenades are worse than armor lock. 343 should at least give us only 1 grenade at repawn and no grenades in the map.

In my experience, grenades have been fun on a bun!

But maybe that’s because I seem to do more damage with them than I take. The only time I find them annoying is in capture the hill games where they are constantly lobbed onto the hill :confused: Oh well, it’s bound to happen when everyone is clustered there.

> In my experience, grenades have been fun on a bun!
>
> But maybe that’s because I seem to do more damage with them than I take. The only time I find them annoying is in capture the hill games where they are constantly lobbed onto the hill :confused: Oh well, it’s bound to happen when everyone is clustered there.

Grenades in Reach are exponentially more powerful than grenades in any other Halo game.

> > In my experience, grenades have been fun on a bun!
> >
> > But maybe that’s because I seem to do more damage with them than I take. The only time I find them annoying is in capture the hill games where they are constantly lobbed onto the hill :confused: Oh well, it’s bound to happen when everyone is clustered there.
>
> Grenades in Reach are exponentially more powerful than grenades in any other Halo game.

Actually, the fault you’re proclaiming is with the player traits. You can’t dodge them like you could in Halo 3.

Well they’re also very powerful.

> Well they’re also very powerful.

Damage-wise, they’re the same as Halo 3 but with a larger blast radius. They’ve also got slight magnetism properties.

> > Well they’re also very powerful.
>
>
> Damage-wise, they’re the same as Halo 3 but with a larger blast radius. They’ve also got slight magnetism properties.

Well regardless they suck in every aspect. There’s no skill involved in throwing them 40 feet and killing 4 people without even shooting one. I liked Halo when you had to use weapons.

It’s the funniest thing to have total control over a CQC situation and then have a team mate chuck a nade your way.

I love them for that. I really do.

Reach gameplay is dependent on grenukes. I don’t know why, but it will stay that way until something is fixed. Until then you can expect more crap.

> > > Well they’re also very powerful.
> >
> >
> > Damage-wise, they’re the same as Halo 3 but with a larger blast radius. They’ve also got slight magnetism properties.
>
> Well regardless they suck in every aspect. There’s no skill involved in throwing them 40 feet and killing 4 people without even shooting one. I liked Halo when you had to use weapons.

Grenades are weapons and I don’t see the the problem with them if everyone gets given them it’s fair

I’d rather my grenades be effective tools than be firecrackers.
As long as the human ones don’t kill in one hit at full health and shields, then I’m fine with them.

> One of the most controversial elements of Halo: Reach right now is grenades, or “grenukes”. Reach has many flawed characteristics, but this is one that stands out, as it is not being fixed in the TU.
>
> In nearly every game type (I’m not compiling a list of which ones don’t apply) you spawn with 2 grenades. This is overkill. Grenades do WAY too much damage, as we all painfully know and the area of damage from them is too large. I’d like to see the TU either fix grenade damage (which won’t happen) or at least lower the amount of grenades available on every map.
>
> Almost everywhere you go, there are grenades; this, coupled with the fact that you spawn with two grenades provides nearly an unlimited supply of these pesky pineapples. Problems with grenades are no more apparent than in the TU Beta playlist. Now that there is less bloom and there are faster kill times, people don’t play as aggressively and they tend to stay back, camp and throw grenades anywhere and everywhere. Grenades can and will kill you in one shot if you are so much as shot in the leg beforehand. Grenades also negate cover and because movement speed is low in Reach, they are hopelessly overpowered. Grenades are frustrating and a fix needs to be found.
>
> Ultimately I suggest either lowering grenade damage (drastically), or reducing grenade spawns and how many a player spawns with.
>
> What are your opinions?

I know it sounds noobish but…

Use armor lock

It protects you from grenades